For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Nicola, anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+2
pokbg
Teddy
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Help Nicola, anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Help Nicola, anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Teddy Mon May 26, 2008 11:08 am

That's what I love optimism, at the moment am a bit pessimistic she will actually try it with anything else in her chicken, I've never known a kitten as fussy as this. But I have nothing to lose, so will persevere. Very Happy
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Help Nicola, anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Help Nicola, anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Teddy Mon May 26, 2008 11:19 am

I don't believe this, I've just cooked chicken and shredded it up with some of the diet stuff she should be eating and she turned her nose up at it. Should I leave it out in the chance that she'll be hungry enough to eat it? but then again, I know she won't as that's the way she lost so much weight to start with.

Ok I've just put bigger bites lying on top, not mixed all thw way through and she's gingerly picking them ouy. She takes the biscuit (no pun intended) this wee toot. But she is foraging so at least she will inadvertantly eat some of the proper stuff.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon May 26, 2008 11:35 am

Miracles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she's eating it, what a carry on, I've to keep Kim away and entice mel to eat, but she is doing it. Help Nicola, anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 702898
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon May 26, 2008 11:49 am

YEAY!!!!!!!!!

What a good girl she is! Help Nicola, anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 874166 Help Nicola, anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 278948
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon May 26, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi Kath,

It's a start.

Have you thought about getting some of the so called *better quality* kitten foods from zooplus/wherever, and mixing them with your regular brand? It'd be a last resort as you aren't keeping her, but may be worth a try, and zooplus do deliver quickly.

Fudge is the most picky of cats where wet food is concerned, but I've just opened a tin of Animonda chicken and she can't get it down fast enough. I don't know if they do kitten food, but may be worth checking out.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon May 26, 2008 12:53 pm

I think that's a good idea, but I will go to the pet store on our way home as they have a really good selection of *good * cat food. Nothing ventured..........
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon May 26, 2008 1:35 pm

MMmm yes, good idea... Since she likes chicken, natures menu kitten food is all chicken and contains 70/75% chicken. I fed Bramble on it, and remember thinking 'why aren't there any other flavours?', but perfect for lil Mel and her chicken fetish! LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon May 26, 2008 1:59 pm

The little bugger's just eaten some mackeral, whats you betting she gets the skids now. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Mon May 26, 2008 2:00 pm

Awwww bless her, but at least she has started eating a bit of it, good idea to get her some natures menu kitten food.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon May 26, 2008 2:09 pm

How do you know if a kitten has worms, apart from looking at their toilet. So far neither of them has *gone* today. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon May 26, 2008 2:15 pm

There's definately a school of though (don't get that phrase....) that most kittens are either born with worms or get worms through their mothers milk or other routes when they are very young. Ask your vet, but I would guess they would advise treating them both for worms regardless of wether they are showing any signs. Our vet gave us Panacur worming paste fro Bramble at 5 wks, which doesn't kill all worms, just one type? She got the general wormer when she was older (as you know, it appears to work so well in her... hmmmm)
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Mon May 26, 2008 2:17 pm

Not sure??

The belly is swollen but saying that all kittens bellys are swollen, sorry kath can't help.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon May 26, 2008 2:33 pm

Yip their belly is swollen but as you say so are all kittens, Help Nicola, anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon May 26, 2008 2:34 pm

I would honestly just worm her. But get something from the vets preferably in a paste form so she can have amount based on her weight.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Mon May 26, 2008 4:11 pm

Following this thread with baited breath Kath! Glad to hear she has picked up a bit. Sheesh, you have your hands full there, but I bet you are loving every minute. It must be such a worry, but such a heartwarming feeling when they DO eat!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon May 26, 2008 8:40 pm

have to get CP approval before I can worm her but I will put it to them. Went to the pet store and bought applaws and hi life, haven't tried her yet as she had food just before 4 which she gobbled up, her weight is now 570gms, quite a little butterball I think. I don't think eiother of them have worms as they're both putting on weight and they aren't overly greedy. But when Mel decides it's time to eat, she lets the world and his dog know. LOUD and persistant. Bless them both I want to keep them, no I don't not really, well a tiny wee bit. No no no. Mel is the most gentle of kittens I've ever come across, she is so laid back and slow, well apart from when she's hungry. Kim on the otherhand is a ball of energy. She had her claws and teeth into me tonight, I picked her up, rathee stupidly, I forgot who I was dealing with, well she soon reminded me. My hands are stinging. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon May 26, 2008 11:36 pm

LOL! Little Ying and Yang there! Haha, both such wonderful personalities and girls that know what they want! OOooooooo, such a delight!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Tue May 27, 2008 12:26 am

Teddy wrote:Bless them both I want to keep them, no I don't not really, well a tiny wee bit. No no no.
lol! Totally understand your confusion... I want to keep them too (even though I've never had them in the first place... lol!)... Then again... they do seem to make Teddy a bit calmer...? lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue May 27, 2008 9:34 am

LOL I couldn't cope with 6 cats fulltime, no, I will hand them over when the time comes, then cry. LOL

last night we went and bought Hi Life and Applaws food for Mel and she ate the Applaws but then she would, I bought the chicken breast variety, DOH!!! but she ate it so that's good. Today I will try her on the Hi LIfe and see how she does. Unfortunately Kim is starting to refuse her kitten food, I think she smells Mels' and it smells so much nicer.

Mischa was sick last night, very pleasant sight for Steve this morning whan he went to feed her, I think she just over eats, so today she has been given 1 sachet only, no biscuits and we'll see how she is at tea-time. Help Nicola, anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 878172
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Tue May 27, 2008 3:39 pm

Poor little Mischa... hope she's feeling better! Yes... the over eating (and eating to quickly) is something BG will do all the time.

*dances* Great that little Mel at some food (even if it was chicken flavour! lol!)... but now Kim will be the trouble - "I want that too"! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue May 27, 2008 10:24 pm

Poor Mischa.

So glad Mel is eating! YEAY! Poor Kim.... 'I want some too!' LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Tue May 27, 2008 11:43 pm

Awwww Poor Mischa hope she feels better now.

Yeay Mel is eating, so glad!

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue May 27, 2008 11:44 pm

Awww, poor Guzzle Guts Mischa! Thing is, they just dont learn do they! Help Nicola, anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 172268
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed May 28, 2008 9:47 am

Mischa is back to nornal now, although I am restricting her food, if a dog chased her, there is no way she would be able to climb a tree, so I think we need to get her on a diet. Help Nicola, anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 43453

Mel wouldn't touch Hi-Life, so now I am mixing up ordinary kitten food with chicken, which is all she really will eat, that way, she HAS to eat some of the food when she scrounges around trying to pick out the chicken. LOL So she will eat chicken and Applaws (chicken flavour) and that's about it, but she drinks loads.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu May 29, 2008 4:37 pm

Low and behold the fussy little tike has eaten Hi-Life today, twice. Help Nicola, anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 702898 we were given sensitivity sachet yesterday to see if that would entice her, but yesterday she was having none of it, but this morning I put it out and she did sniff it then walked away. So I shredded some chicken and mixed it through and she did eventually eat it. So that's sensitive, Applaws and Hi-Life, I think we're getting there. But once she starts she doesn't stop and her little belly is so fat. So now I am going to have to restrict the amount she gets. never happy am I . Help Nicola, anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next