For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a night!!!!!

2 posters

Go down

What a night!!!!! Empty What a night!!!!!

Post by Ian B Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:44 am

The young tabby from across the road is in season again, which is bad enough, but she was calling last night and in my kitchen at that Shocked There must have been half a dozen toms at my back door waiting, but only Stripey came in after her, tho' that was bad enough What a night!!!!! 975384

I'm going to have to contact my vet and ask for some kind of med to give/subdue him long enough for me to get him into my carrier so he can be taken and neutered as he hates being handled, he let me know big style the only time I tried. I remember a workmate getting something similar when he re-homed a feral factory cat some years ago, so I know it's possible. The big drawback, as he comes and goes at will, would be trying to make sure he was in to take it, especially as, iirc, neutering is only done one day a week, on Wednesdays.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

What a night!!!!! Empty Re: What a night!!!!!

Post by Ian B Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:34 am

I've not seen her or Stripey since, so it looks like she's at home tho' it's probably too late and she's been caught again. She seems to prefer him over all the other toms and while he's not the best looking cat in the world, he's better than the rest Laughing

'EDIT'

I take that back as they've all just turned up, her, their black cat, Stripey, the fluffy ginger tom and a couple more hiding behind my wheelie bins. I heard a big thump downstairs, it was the flap and I'm surprised the door is still on it's hinges let alone the flap Shocked

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:38 pm

he could be alpha male if she is preferring him. I've never heard of a sedativem tell you what tho, you would have to make sure only he took it. Could you imagine a house full of sleepy, dozy cats........................peace!!
Good luck with that. What a night!!!!! 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:39 pm

I think on size alone he's #1 between all the toms, and while she's very active in swatting the others away, Stripey is almost welcome. She's just come in here and is exploring downstairs, but this will have to stop.

As long as it didn't need to be given orally, any med added to his food would only go into one mouth, his, food isn't down long enough for the others to steal any.

I got downstairs to find her asleep on a cabinet in the living room, after she'd knocked all my meds, etc onto the floor to make room, so it seems likely she spent the night there after I'd gone to bed. I don't mind giving her shelter/protection from all the local toms when needed, but I'll probably have to stop that before she tries to adopt me as well.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:39 am

And here she is making herself comfortable on the living room cabinet early yesterday evening. She went out soon after and I've not seen her since, but judging by all the commotion downstairs/flap being used atm, she's back.

What a night!!!!! Tabby10

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:09 pm

AAawww a little tabby ( my fav) thing is if she does make herself comfie with you and she is pregnant..................................... the pitter patter of little feet and all that. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:26 pm

I was wrong, it wasn't her making all the noise this morning, in fact she's only just turned up and even then stayed on the doorstep. She hates other cats too much to ever try and adopt me, at least that's what I'm hoping.

Thinking about it, I've not seen a light on at her home for over a week now, nor seen their tv when it was on from early morning till late at night before, tho' the hubby/boyfriends car comes and goes. I'm not being a nosey so'n'so, I just can't help noticing when I open/close the upstairs curtains here.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down