For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Typical.............(they're back)

2 posters

Go down

Typical.............(they're back) Empty Typical.............(they're back)

Post by Ian B Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:14 am

...............tho' I can't be certain atm.

It seems like Debbie from next door *might* be away on holiday, at least her car has been missing for the past couple of days, tho' it might be longer as I only checked on Monday because of the amount of time Jimmy and Dexter were spending outside (ie in my house)

I don't mind that, they've been regular visitors for years, but you'd think after all this time she would have made arrangements with me about feeding them if she's going to be away. A few tins or pouches, she will have bought enough for her kids to feed them with, given to me wouldn't go amiss as they're tucking into the food meant for my lot because I won't see them go hungry.

If she has gone away, no doubt she'll be hoping the baccy she always brings back will make up for the above, but she's going to be disappointed as I'm now exclusively using e-cigs and haven't touched a real cig for months now.

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Typical.............(they're back) Empty Re: Typical.............(they're back)

Post by Teddy Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:20 pm

That's too much like bared faced cheek and just taking it fir granted that you're able to feed them.

I've heard about these e-cigs but haven't a clue what they are, but of they're helping you kick the habit that's excellent. Typical.............(they're back) 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:31 pm

Teddy wrote:That's too much like bared faced cheek and just taking it fir granted that you're able to feed them.
I don't think she's being deliberately cheeky Kath, more the kids at home aren't making much of an effort to get them in, but considering how often they're here, a few tins/pouches my way would be common sense.

I've heard about these e-cigs but haven't a clue what they are, but of they're helping you kick the habit that's excellent. Typical.............(they're back) 579159
Supposedly harmless, they have the nicotine hit but none of the cancer causing chemical nasties. The *smoke* is just water vapour and once you get used to them they're great, not to mention a damn sight cheaper than real cigs. That said, I've yet to see a leccy bill since starting using them.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:03 pm

Oh it's her kids just not bothering themselves, I bet she's told them to give you the pouches.

So you have to plug them in?? Shocked what the hell do you do if you want a smoke outside, I've heard of WIFI cafes but not e-cig free ones. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 pm

Teddy wrote:Oh it's her kids just not bothering themselves, I bet she's told them to give you the pouches.
I think it was last year she came round with a pile of food and asked me to feed them while she was away, but was back round inside an hour asking for it back as one of the lads would be at home so could feed them. That there must have been nearly as much food left when she got back tells you who did most of the feeding, but nothing was said. I feel sorry for Dexter as he's not keen on the wet my lot have, but usually ends up hungry enough to eat it if offered.

So you have to plug them in?? Shocked what the hell do you do if you want a smoke outside, I've heard of WIFI cafes but not e-cig free ones. Laughing
You just recharge the battery.

I've got two different sorts, with one the battery has to be plugged into the mains and takes about 3 hours to charge and will last the equivalent of approx 20 cigs, but the latest one comes in a case which is rechargeable. With this all I need to do is keep the case topped up and screw the batteries in as and when they need charging, usually after around 15 cigs worth, but these only take about 30 minutes to charge and a fully topped up case can recharge the batteries around 6 times. It all sounds a right faff but it's not really, just a matter of getting into a routine with them.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:03 am

I'm not convinced there's anybody at all next door atm, at least I've seen/heard no activity and all the windows have been shut 24/7. Jimmy and Dexter are still spending a lot of time here, and being fed, tho' neither is a glutton, in fact Dexter could be anorexic. I can't believe Debbie would go away without making arrangements for someone to take care of the cats, tho' it's just crossed my mind she could be in hospital, but that wouldn't explain my not seeing her youngest son, Jack, who's old enough to fend for himself at home.

This is where I found Dexter late yesterday afternoon, on top of a old wardrobe in the junk room. I'm still not sure how he got up there as the wardrobe is over 6ft tall and wherever he jumped from he barely had a couple of inches to land on. It was probably the windowsill, but while that would make it not as high a leap, he'd be a lot further away from the wardrobe so would have to jump nearly as far as from the floor Shocked

Typical.............(they're back) Dexter11

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:41 am

I wish I knew for certain she'd gone on holiday, since noticing they aren't about I've been keeping a look out to see if anyone is calling to let Jimmy and Dexter in to feed them, but I've seen no activity at all during the day and no lights on at night.

Jimmy isn't overly fussed, he either sleeps here or in a small lean-to for storing logs for their fire another neighbour has recently added to his garden shed, but I feel really sorry for Dexter. At times he resembles Molly, that cat in the RSPCA Home For Life ad who's sat on a windowsill and can't get in because her owner has died, Dexter keeps sitting on the front doorstep waiting to be let in before giving up and coming here, only to try again at home later, then coming in here again, etc, etc.

I'm feeding both while trying not to give them so much to make them prefer it here, but how hard could it have been to ask me to keep my eye on, plus given me a bit of food to make sure they didn't go hungry? If I thought they were depending on my supplying food I'd be somewhat Typical.............(they're back) 265331 off.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:08 pm

Knock on their door and see if you get any response, seems a bit irrisponsible if they have gone on holiday, but from what you've said about Debbie in the past, I wouldn't have thought she would just up and go.
The cats must be feeling a bit confused too, you know how cats like their routine and if Dewter isn't getting in he must feel pretty stressed.

One thing about your e cigs, the smell must be better or non existent. Wink
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:14 am

Teddy wrote:Knock on their door and see if you get any response, seems a bit irrisponsible if they have gone on holiday, but from what you've said about Debbie in the past, I wouldn't have thought she would just up and go.
The cats must be feeling a bit confused too, you know how cats like their routine and if Dewter isn't getting in he must feel pretty stressed.
Jimmy couldn't care less and while I don't think Dexter is overly stressed, not being able to get in must be bothering him a bit.

One thing about your e cigs, the smell must be better or non existent. Wink
A whole lot better, tho' it's a Catch 22 situation, no smell of stale tobacco means the smell of cat pee really cuts thro' Rolling Eyes

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:24 am

Still no sign of life next door.

All the sons are giants (compared to me anyway) and I just happened to spot a very tall lad wearing a hoodie turn onto their drive yesterday. I thought it must have one of the sons turning up at last, but by the time I'd got outside he'd turned round and was walking off as tho' he'd gone to the wrong house. Very possible with some of the drug addled clowns locally and dealers reputedly live in the next house.

I popped a note thro' the letterbox asking if anybody was looking after the house and cats, but as expected there was no response last night and if I don't hear anything before lunchtime today I doubt I will till they get back.

The dog being missing will hopefully mean it's either been taken with them or is in kennels.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:34 am

I just happened to look out of a bedroom window as their car was pulling up Very Happy Typical.............(they're back) 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Still no word from them, either there's been some sort of emergency that stopped the son staying at home/looking after the cats and they've been too busy to speak to me, or they deliberately left the cats knowing full well they'd head to my house for food and shelter and that I'd provide it.

After all this time I'd hate to think the latter was true confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:06 am

Still not a word from them and tbh, I'm very, very disappointed.

We've never been close but have had a friendly enough relationship over the years. I suppose the silence could be down to embarrassment on their part if leaving the cats welfare down to me without asking was deliberate, tho' I still find that hard to believe/accept after all these years. That the youngest son hasn't been round with the usual few packs of tobacco they've brought back for me as a thank you supports the above, tho' it's possible they didn't go abroad this time.

I won't be saying anything, but this whole situation leaves a bitter taste and is something I'll bear in mind should they ever ask me to look after Jimmy and Dexter in future. It's not so much the feeding and giving shelter to them, what happens if either cat becomes ill? Both are insured but we use different vets and as I don't have transport I'd be unable to get to theirs.

I thought at one point the Dexter would need a vet app as he'd clearly lost weight and it was only when he started begging for food (for the first time here) that I became sure nobody was at home to feed them.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:54 am

I'm pleased to say both Jimmy and Dexter at at home atm, I've just spotted them sat on a downstairs windowsill when I nipped out looking for Bola. As usual, Dexter started pawing at the glass when he saw me Very Happy

Still not a word from Debbie over who, if anyone, was supposed to be looking after the cats while she was on holiday confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down