For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just been to the vets.

5 posters

Go down

Just been to the vets. Empty Just been to the vets.

Post by Teddy Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:06 pm

Mishca was due her second set of vacs, so decided to take Kim for her first set. Oh dear, Mishca was not happy, and am sure that particular vet is convinced I take all the scary spitty cats to him on purpose. LOL She went for him, all teeth and claws as per usual. (Steve has the scratch marks this time). In comparison, Kim was so good, probably so scare she was rigid, but she only hissed once and I was able to hold her.
I think a lot of the trouble at vets, is the amount of dogs that always seem to be there, I often think it would be a good idea if vets had dog only nights, that way a cat stuck in a box with a huge dogs nose sticking in isn't going to happen and may just help to keep some cats a bit more stress free.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Just been to the vets. Empty Re: Just been to the vets.

Post by *Prince* Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:48 pm

Aww, bless Mischa and Kim! What good girls really Wink
I do agree though, that its probably got a lot to do with the dogs in the waiting room - and Im sure the dogs are saying "hmph, look at you all squished up in a tiny box, and look at ME, free to roam, and sniff and get treats on the way out the door"! Just been to the vets. 43453
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:09 pm

Exactly and what did Mishca do? pee, she peed on her blanket and farted, I thought the fart was probably a *solid* but no, it was wind. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:17 pm

Teddy wrote:Exactly and what did Mishca do? pee, she peed on her blanket and farted, I thought the fart was probably a *solid* but no, it was wind. LOL

Just been to the vets. 72767 Just been to the vets. 72767 Oh I know I shouldnt laugh at her pishing on her blankie, cos the poor toots get so upset when they do that, but it makes me chuckle everytime!
As for the fart - wha ha ha! ROFL!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:08 am

LOL @ fart too!

Oh they were such big brave girls! I knida feel for that vet! LOL! Theres always one that seems to bring out the worst in kitties! LOL!There's one that Mads attacks everytime without fail! Whahahaha!

How are they both after their jabs? x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:53 am

LOL, the poor vets face when we walked in and I said *we have 2 spitty ctas today, do you want Little or Large first*, I could tell, he was probably thinking there must be an easier way to make a living. LOL Poor bugger.
Kim has been no problem at all, she's running around our office as I type, but Mishca, now this is the very first time she hasn't come to greet me when I've gone to feed her in the morning. She stayed put in the weatherproof bed outside, she stuck her head out and then went back in, so it's either taken it's toll on her or she's sulking.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:39 am

I felt pretty stupid after warning the vets that both Black Tom and Beckett disliked strangers, so would most likely react badly to being there, but beyond a bit of wriggling, they were perfectly well behaved. I guess part of that was down to them being ill, but I was still surprised they didn't *attack on sight* the first strange hands they saw Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by hayley xx Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:30 am

Farts Just been to the vets. 878172 Just been to the vets. 878172 Just been to the vets. 72767 Just been to the vets. 72767

Mischa most definitely has got the hump with you me dears--think it may have to be prawns/tuna tonight for her.

I feel for you so much though as I feel sick when I have to take tilly as in a way she is quite feral and doesnt like being touched (or humans/or cats/ or us etc etc) She flipping goes wild, we have to cover her in a blanket to hold her down whilist he does it--frightens me to death, never mind him. I have actually left it this year and think that I may just have her done every other (im a chicken he he)

With regards to dogs and cats in the waiting room, I also think that it is really unfair on the cats and that they should have 2 waiting rooms, one for cats and one for dogs. Which would then eliminate some of the stress for the poor puss
hayley xx
hayley xx
Cat Lover
Cat Lover

Number of posts : 52
Cat(s): : Nelson, Tilly, Chester, Eddie and Dodger
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:37 am

Just been to the vets. 43453 I had Mishca by the throat, well not really, but I had a bloody good grip of her complete with towels around her. She doesn't like loud noises, unexpected noises, having her back touched, not too much touching anywhere else, doesn't like enclosed spaced, cats, dogs, me, actually all she really likes is food and she has the belly to prove it. Poor soul, she needs an old person who only wants a wee bit of company and who will feed her on demand. Just been to the vets. 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down