For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Panic* over.........

4 posters

Go down

*Panic* over......... Empty *Panic* over.........

Post by Ian B Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:35 am

..........there was no sign of Fudge when I got back from the pub yesterday afternoon, her food han't been touched and she was still missing when I went to bed last night. For a cat who only rarely wanders further than my garden, and even then only when chasing Jimmy. For a one home/one garden cat this was very odd.

She was still missing when I got up this morning, tho' her dry bowl had been touched overnight, but I knew it wasn't her as she always leaves little bit's after eating some.

I went outside earlier calling her and was starting to fear the worst when she didn't come, but I've just tried again and she appeared on my neighbours shed roof, soaked to the skin and obviously very hungry. She took a lot of persuading to come in so something must have spooked her yesterday, but what and why just her I've no idea.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

*Panic* over......... Empty Re: *Panic* over.........

Post by pokbg Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:57 am

Bless! So glad she's home safe and sound... wonder what on earth made her stay out like that, when she could have been snuggled up inside?
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:25 am

pokbg wrote:Bless! So glad she's home safe and sound... wonder what on earth made her stay out like that, when she could have been snuggled up inside?
I've got no idea what spooked her yesterday, and even tho' she's sat on my bedroom windowsill atm, she's very nervous about something. She could sleep for England, and I can see she's tired, but she's doing her best to stay awake.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:48 am

Oh Fudgey girl! Bless her! Oh to know what she'd been up to and what had gone on. So so glad she's home, poor old girl. I bet she looked a right bedraggled mess when she turned up, she's prob so glad to be home, she's trying to stay awake in case 'home moves' lol. Give her a belly rub from me!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:17 pm

Having just seen Ginger Tom sneak in, I've got a feeling these two have been falling out.

Ginger has got a nasty scratch above one eye (a bit lower and his eyeball would be a mess) and he's as sheepish/nervous today as Fudge. He even refused some wafer thin smoked ham just now, tho' he gave me a serious paw swipe when I went to take it off him Laughing He's just strolled into my bedroom, saw Fudge on the wondowsill and went back to the spare bed pretty sharpish, which only reinforces my idea of them squabbling yesterday.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:36 pm

Oh maybe they are at war. Poor Fudge though, I think I feel more worried about her as she doesn't really do anything apart from *overlook* them all, oh I hope she isn't hurt in any way.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:43 pm

Teddy wrote:Oh maybe they are at war. Poor Fudge though, I think I feel more worried about her as she doesn't really do anything apart from *overlook* them all, oh I hope she isn't hurt in any way.
She's fine Kath.

She may be small, but she's the last one I'd worry about in a cat fight, she's as tough as old boots with a temper to match.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:21 pm

Ian B wrote:
Teddy wrote:Oh maybe they are at war. Poor Fudge though, I think I feel more worried about her as she doesn't really do anything apart from *overlook* them all, oh I hope she isn't hurt in any way.
She's fine Kath.

She may be small, but she's the last one I'd worry about in a cat fight, she's as tough as old boots with a temper to match.

Ian

Laughing good for her I like a bit of spit in a cat. Well unless they're feral, then you have to watch out. *Panic* over......... 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:11 am

Last night I got *proof* something had happened to scare Fudge.

She'd gone out and disappeared again, and as I was getting ready for bed I heard her miaowing to come in on the back doorstep. Even tho' she's used to using the flap now, I had to open the door for her, but she was still reluctant to come in, and in the end I had to pick her up and carry her upstairs, all the time she was giving that wild eyed stare.

She soon settled on my bedroom windowsill, but noticed Jimmy asleep under the *desk* with my printer on. Surprisingly, my telling her No!! was enough to stop her attacking him, tho' I didn't dare go to sleep before she did just in case.

Fast forward to 2.45am............

All was quiet, at least I was asleep when Ginger Tom strolled into my bedroomfor a drink, Jimmy woke and spotted him and went into panic mode big time. The noise he made would have woken the dead, not good at that unearthly hour, and it took some time to calm him down. Dexter was asleep on my bed and he was doing all he could to hide, so he was badly scared as well, and even Bola ran. Amazingly, and thankfully, Fudge slept through all that, so I'm beginning to think Ginger Tom has been throwing his weight around while I'm not there, and if that's the case, I'll have to do something about it, tho' I've no idea what atm.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:06 am

Does sound as though he is being a bully boy, he obviously wants to be top cat which isn't fair on your own lot. maybe you're going to have to restrict GT to the shed outside, I know he's stil close but at least your 3 will feel more secure in thier own home. Difficult one this as you don't want to *lose* GT, he may go else where but then, 3 disturbed cats don't make a happy home. Good luck.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:18 am

Hi Kath,

It wasn't so much Ginger Tom I was thinking about, more Jimmy and Dexter as they have a home.

As they have now got a dog next door, I may suggest they get a flap as the presence of a dog wil most likely deter any wandering cat from going in, which is the only reason they haven't so far. If Jimmy, Dexter and Max can enter/leave their own house freely, they might not be tempted to come into mine so often.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:30 am

Very true, but I wouldn't bet on it. Maybe the dog has a lot to do with it, for all we know maybe the dog doesn't like cats and is making their life a misery, and because they have known you for so long and they know where there is a warm bed/food, even if GT is throwing his weight around, it's a much better option than a dog.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:49 am

Hi Kath,

I'm pretty sure they aren't bothered by the dog, it's maybe a bit too playful with them, but that's about it. All 3 will happily sit in the garden when the dogs out, even torment it at times.

Jimmy has always sneaked in here, I used to chase him out because Fudge didn't like him, but he's worn me down Laughing

Ginger has just sat in the kitchen having his breakfast, alongside Bola, William and Dexter and there wasn't a *cross word* between them, they didn't give each other a second glance tbh.

I've seen/heard Bola growl at Ginger a couple of times, but nothing more. If I could be sure it was Gingers presence that was causing all the aggro, I'd still feed him, but I'd have to think about *encouraging* him to use the box in the shed again.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:56 am

He may need some encouragement. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:09 pm

Maybe he's a were-cat and morphs into something else at night?
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down