For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dirty water bowls

+4
*Prince*
maddymoo
Teddy
Ian B
8 posters

Go down

Dirty water bowls Empty Dirty water bowls

Post by Ian B Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:39 am

Hi All,

Do your cats water bowls get *dirty* almost as soon as you fill them with fresh water? Mine do, especially Fudges, I usually end up changing hers at least three times a day, which I put down to her eating mainly dry food so bits of this are bound to end up in her water as she'll eat then drink right after, but the rest of my lot are nearly as bad.

Considering they'll drink from the dirtiest puddle outside, they'd probably come to no harm if I didn't change the water so often tho'.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Dirty water bowls Empty Re: Dirty water bowls

Post by Teddy Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:42 am

I put water down and they don't look at it but yes it does get dirty, Sophie has to drink out of a running tap and Moto drinks from anywhere as long as it's not in the house Rolling Eyes I do have a bed habit of putting fresh water down for the kittens then I will sweep the floor so end up changing it again. Dense or what.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:43 pm

MMm yes, and also we have to properly clean out the plastic one as that gets scum quickly built up in it! As apposed to the ceramic ones which just need a rinse. We'd get rid of it and replace it with a ceramic, but they like it *sighs*

Their favourite water bowl tho, is a black shiney bowl (not a cat bowl and cost a small fortune! LOL, yep, they spoilt) which we keep filled up and upstairs outside out bedroom door! As soon as its filled, they dive in and drink half of it and by morning there's none left in it! LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:11 pm

Weird how they prefer one type of dish to anothere. Moto always preferred a glass bowl when he did drink in the house, having said that, **hangs head in shame** I haven't put a galss bowl out for ages just the ceramic one, jeez no much wonder he's not drinking. Embarassed
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:02 pm

Princey has a ceramic one, which doesnt get that dirty that quickly, I only change it twice a day, but the wee shite never drinks out of it anway - only the skankiest of skanky recepticals (?sp) that fill up on their own accord outside, plus puddles. He is a grot bag! lol.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:22 pm

LOL! I only change their water once a day *hangs head in shame*
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm

I let Percy drink from the toilet *crawls out the door on hands and knees*
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:26 pm

You two eejits Dirty water bowls 72767
Laura as long as you're not sitting on it at the time. Oh maybe you are. Dirty water bowls 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:36 pm

Laura wrote:I let Percy drink from the toilet *crawls out the door on hands and knees*

PMSL! And I thought Mr Percy Pants was such a classy cat! Dirty water bowls 72767
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:48 pm

I always fill the water bowls with water and ice cubes, Buddy likes his water really cold, but the bowls always seem to get dirty as quick as I can fill em. Must admit I haven't seen Mary drink anything since I got her.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:58 pm

maddymoo wrote:
Laura wrote:I let Percy drink from the toilet *crawls out the door on hands and knees*

PMSL! And I thought Mr Percy Pants was such a classy cat! Dirty water bowls 72767

Don't be fooled by the rocks that he's got! He loves toilet water, I try to discourage him but he won't stop. I now have to make sure it's always clean and that Simon's flushed everytime Dirty water bowls 878172
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:39 am

LOL! We caught Isis in the toliet bowl when she was a kitten and have made sure that we put the seat down now so she can't get in there. Ewwww imagine where her paws have been when she jumps up on the bed in the morning for her cuddles????
And yes, she does dirty her water bowl, I keep finding bits of dried food in it......Messy girl!
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:34 am

Laura wrote:
maddymoo wrote:

Don't be fooled by the rocks that he's got! He loves toilet water, I try to discourage him but he won't stop. I now have to make sure it's always clean and that Simon's flushed everytime Dirty water bowls 878172

I would be scared he slipped and fell in head first. No
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:50 pm

Oh, I still remember the time when I left the seat up, just briefly so I could put something straight in, my back was only turned for a moment... heard a splosh and ceramic scrabble and a soggy wet Bramble sprinted out the loo! LOL! Daft little thing!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:34 pm

Teddy wrote:
Laura wrote:
maddymoo wrote:

I would be scared he slipped and fell in head first. No

That has concerned me in the past and like Ali we always kept the seat down. But now he's so huge I think he would have trouble drowning in the toilet. He refuses to drink from any bowl I put down, be it tap water or rain water, so I would rather he drank from the toilet so he actually getting something. Grim I know!
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:00 pm

But now he's so huge I think he would have trouble drowning in the toilet. [/quote]

Hee hee, that is like Princey McChunks. When we got him, we just got into the habit of always putting the lid down, after he went investigating, and we still do it now, and he's the size of a small pony! Dirty water bowls 43453 Just habit - even in the middle of the night, or drunk or whatever!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:04 pm

Buddy will drink from the toilet if the lid is up, I'm always checking to majke sure that the lid is down, but you know men, they always seem to forget to put it down. He also likes to drink from the bath taps until he gets his feet wet then he shakes his feet and jumps out of the bath. Dirty water bowls 43453
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:56 pm

lol @ all the weird drinking habits... and the non-drinking ones...!

Yes, BG and Poks waterbowls used to get dirty... possibly as I had them near the cat food, and won't surprise me they used to stick stuff in there. But I stopped the waterbowls, now I just put it out if we're going away for the day.

BG will only drink from the bathtap, and Pok will generally not drink here... only thing he'll drink of is the water that I defrost shrimps in each morning. That bowl then gets emptied after a few hours, and I'll replace it with clean water... which really is no point, as none of them will touch it then.

Up at the house BG will still drink off the taps, but not often as here... they both prefer to drink off the pond.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content