For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Close call..............

4 posters

Go down

Close call.............. Empty Close call..............

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:53 pm

Hi All,

The bloke who lives opposite me delivers one of the local rags to the shops, but before he does they are dropped off at his house in the morning (begs the question, why doesn't the first driver do it? confused)

Anyhow, I set off to do my main weekly shop and saw not only Jimmy and Max in the delivery van, but Bola as well, all having a good snoop. The rear and side door were open while the driver unloaded, and I know he had seen at least one of them, but just to be on the safe side I shoo'ed Bola out and back into my garden. I looked round only to see him hovering round the van, then it set off, luckily without Bola, and hopefully without Jimmy and Max, but I've yet to see them since I got back.

Curiosity might not kill the cat, but it can take them places they (or us) don't expect Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Close call.............. Empty Re: Close call..............

Post by Teddy Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:20 pm

That is a huge dread of mine. Sophie and Moto just can't help themselves, see a car/van door open and in it they go. The pair of them are too friendly for their own good. Lets just hope Jimmy and max aren't in it, surely the van driver, who saw them had the sense to shoo them away.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:37 pm

Oh yes... one of my big worries too, and heaven knows how many cars/van s I've picked BG out of when we were up at the house. I hope Jimmy and Max got out too, otherwise there will be too confused kitties on the next stop...

Which is how I think BG ended up where we found here...

I'm glad the kitties aren't scared, but at the same time would love for them to be scared of cars/van and people that they don't know...
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:14 pm

Ian B wrote: (begs the question, why doesn't the first driver do it? confused)

Sorry, but that made me LMAO! I really want to know WHY! Close call.............. 72767

As for nosy cats, yep Prince is guilty of the same thing. They are all just too blinkin nosey for their own good. Prince really is a big scaredy cat, but it still doesnt stop him nosing in vans!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:40 pm

*Prince* wrote:
Ian B wrote: (begs the question, why doesn't the first driver do it? confused)

Sorry, but that made me LMAO! I really want to know WHY! Close call.............. 72767
Well, it doesn't make any sense that I can see confused Driver #1 takes the papers from the printing press, unloads them for driver #2 at his home who then delivers them to the shops. By the time driver #1 has taken that detour he could surely have delivered them himself????? I expect there's a very good reason for this, but................... confused

I've seen Jimmy and Max, so they're safe. I'd expect Jimmy to do this sort of thing, but was surprised at Max and was godsmacked to see Bola joining in. At least with him, he's chipped and has a contact # on his collar, Jimmy and Max have neither, and in the formers case, it's needed imo as he does wander far and wide.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:54 pm

Good to hear they are both safe and well. In our local news this week the exact same thig happened to a local cat, apparently this cat does it all the time, and it ended up a good hours drive away, and they were able to re unite the cat and owner because the cat was chipped.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down