For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*New* cat food

4 posters

Go down

*New* cat food Empty *New* cat food

Post by Ian B Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:48 am

Hi All,

I've placed another order with Zooplus, but this time I've opted for Felix bites in jelly (lots of) multi packs as my lot have been tending to get fed up with the Bozita and Carney tins. While I was browsing I came across Miamor Ragout Royale Trial Pack 12 x 100g (3x4 flavours) and decided to give it a try, a tad expensive at £3.99, but hopefully it will be better recieved than the Bozita Reindeer flavour tetra packs I got before, which were a waste of money as none of mine like it.

Has anyone tried Miamor Ragout Royale on their cat's?

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

*New* cat food Empty Re: *New* cat food

Post by Teddy Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:52 am

Bozita Reindeer flavour tetra packs I got before, which were a waste of money as none of mine like it.

Betcha Fin would eat Reindeer. Laughing

Has anyone tried Miamor Ragout Royale on their cat's
?

Ian[/quote]

Never heard of this but Asda are very limited in their supply. My two are very fussy with the Felix in jelly as well, Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:26 am

Hi Kath,

There isn't a lot of the Reindeer, I could easily post it to you. It's just sat there in the cupboard atm.

Same here with the choice of Felix in jelly, but my order isn't for 400g tins, I've opted for packs of 32x100g foil packs. My lot would scoff half a 400g tin then refuse the rest, and I always end up throwing it away. With a bit of luck the 100g individual servings will mean less waste of food and my money, at least that's the idea Laughing

Btw, can you have a look at the way you quote? It's a nightmare trying to work out which part of your replies are yours/someone elses. I've just had three goes at trying to reply using quotes but it got more mixed up each time before I gave up Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:57 am

Ian B wrote:Hi Kath,

There isn't a lot of the Reindeer, I could easily post it to you. It's just sat there in the cupboard atm.

Same here with the choice of Felix in jelly, but my order isn't for 400g tins, I've opted for packs of 32x100g foil packs. My lot would scoff half a 400g tin then refuse the rest, and I always end up throwing it away. With a bit of luck the 100g individual servings will mean less waste of food and my money, at least that's the idea Laughing

Btw, can you have a look at the way you quote? It's a nightmare trying to work out which part of your replies are yours/someone elses. I've just had three goes at trying to reply using quotes but it got more mixed up each time before I gave up Laughing

Ian

Ok I'll just use the whole thing and not pick bits out. Laughing
I would gladly take the food from you but if it's tins, then that will cost a fortune to post. We only buy the pouches now, like you we were throwing half the tins out, it was so annoying as they would scoff it up and we thought we had cracked it and then, usual story they turned their noses up at it the next time we gave it to them. Moto and Sophie are so bad atm, it's really bugging me. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:50 pm

Teddy wrote:Ok I'll just use the whole thing and not pick bits out. Laughing
Laughing
I would gladly take the food from you but if it's tins, then that will cost a fortune to post. We only buy the pouches now, like you we were throwing half the tins out, it was so annoying as they would scoff it up and we thought we had cracked it and then, usual story they turned their noses up at it the next time we gave it to them. Moto and Sophie are so bad atm, it's really bugging me. Laughing
You're probably right about the cost, I thought as they're tetra packs and a lot smaller than tins they'd be lighter, but when I looked they're still 360g, but there isn't that many of them.

Throwing half a tin away is exactly why I've gone for the Felix in jelly 100g foil packs, there *shouldn't* be as much wasted.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:17 pm

What you may find though, is they lick all the jelly off and leave the *meat*. Mine do. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Teddy wrote:What you may find though, is they lick all the jelly off and leave the *meat*. Mine do. Laughing
No they don't because I've got wise to that trick, I mash it all together now, same with food in gravy. If they want the jelly and gravy, they've got to eat at least some of the meat first Wink Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:08 pm

Ian B wrote:
Teddy wrote:What you may find though, is they lick all the jelly off and leave the *meat*. Mine do. Laughing
No they don't because I've got wise to that trick, I mash it all together now, same with food in gravy. If they want the jelly and gravy, they've got to eat at least some of the meat first Wink Laughing

Ian

LOL! Good thinking there batman!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:14 pm

maddymoo wrote:
Ian B wrote:

Ian

LOL! Good thinking there batman!
As daft as it sounds Helen, it works and saves money in the long run as they've got to eat both to get the bit they really want Wink

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:25 pm

LOL! It reminds me of when before Mads was put on her CD diet.. any catfood with peas or veg in she'd eat around, and would lap up all the gravey and jelly before any meat got near her! LOL! I wish I'd thought of that then!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:41 pm

I never thought of that either. *New* cat food 172268 I was always just left with dried little lumps.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:39 am

Cheapskate that I am Embarassed I've discovered something else. As well as mashing all the food up, instead of just throwing the food-in-gravy pouch away, if I cut the pouch open they can get their fix of gravy by licking it clean Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:55 am

Ian B wrote:Cheapskate that I am Embarassed I've discovered something else. As well as mashing all the food up, instead of just throwing the food-in-gravy pouch away, if I cut the pouch open they can get their fix of gravy by licking it clean Very Happy

Ian

Oh I don't know what to say. *New* cat food 72767 *New* cat food 72767
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:52 pm

My order arrived just after lunch and Bola was majorly impressed by a pouch of the Miamor Ragout Royale (I've no idea what flavour it was tho') If the bowl had had a pattern on he would have licked it off, so it looks like it might be popular.

On a side note, the cardboard box it came in has given Bola, Jimmy and Dexter hours of fun, tho' I think Jimmy may be a bit wary about climbing in again as Fudge trapped him inside Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:54 am

Ugh... that's a typical BG trait... luckily Poks not too fussy, and will eat her leftovers, which has no jelly.

I've never heard of the Miamor Ragout Royale, but happy to hear it was a hit with Bola! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:17 am

pokbg wrote:
Ugh... that's a typical BG trait... luckily Poks not too fussy, and will eat her leftovers, which has no jelly.

I've never heard of the Miamor Ragout Royale, but happy to hear it was a hit with Bola! lol!
The Miamor is expensive at £3.99 for a sample pack of 12 pouches, and it doesn't look any different to cheaper food to me but Bola could taste the difference. I certainly won't be buying it regularly at that price, but it'll be nice for a weekend treat for them.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content