For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fit as fleas!

+2
maddymoo
Gilly
6 posters

Go down

Fit as fleas! Empty Fit as fleas!

Post by Gilly Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:16 am

Merlin and Tabitha had their first injections this afternoon and didn't even flinch as they were injected! Fit as fleas! 579159

The vet is the same one who's been treating them for their cat flu so he knows them well and the first thing he commented on was how big they were getting Very Happy
He weighed them both and they have both increased in weight which is great news - but not surprising with the amount of Royal Canin they put away each day Laughing Tabitha weighs 1.26kg and Merlin is a massive 1.63kg Fit as fleas! 874166 Unfortunately these measurements mean NOWT to me because I still work in pounds and ounces Laughing I'll get them converted into proper English weights tomorrow when I'm not so tired Laughing
They go back in three weeks for their second jab on 7th January and then, depending on how well they are growing, will be neutered a few weeks after that.

The only little 'niggle' was Merlin's right eye is occasionally prone to 'running' and the fur underneath goes 'sticky' and the vet examined this and said there was still a tiny bit of infection there so gave me some eye cream to put in twice a day and that should sort it out Fit as fleas! 579159 Apparently that eye was REALLY bad when Merlin was first brought in. I also found out that the other two kittens in the litter didn't die from cat flu.....the poor mites were pts because they were VERY ill Crying or Very sad But apparently my two hooligans, despite being so ill, were always feisty little characters Laughing It was probably that and Liz's fabulous care which pulled them through......Neil, the vet (very dishy and with a gorgeous soft scottish accent phwoaaar), said Liz had rang him last week to tell him the kittens had been rehomed and she was very upset to be parting with them. She's been fostering & rearing rescues for over 20 years too.....just goes to show some folks still get attached after all that time Laughing
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Fit as fleas! Empty Re: Fit as fleas!

Post by maddymoo Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:21 am

So glad to hear they are fit and well! Yeay! Its fab they are putting on weight, oh you must be so happy!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:40 pm

I was a little bit worried about Tabitha this morning as she seemed very quiet No Merlin, on the other hand, seemed to MEGA souped-up and full of energy Rolling Eyes
Perhaps it was just a side effect of her jabs, I don't know. confused She's a lot better this evening though Fit as fleas! 579159 And he is STILL zooming around Fit as fleas! 43453
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:10 pm

Glad to hear all is well Gilly, little fighters deserve the best now.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:47 pm

OMG!!!!!! Just wait till I go back in three weeks - I'm going to have a stern word with that vet!!! Whatever he injected the Hooligans with has turned them BOTH into whirling dervishes!!!!! Fit as fleas! 172268 Laughing They've both been virtually swinging from the lights today according to Neil who's been at home with them all day and as for getting clothes dried off in front of the living room heater Rolling Eyes Laughing

I think I can safely say that Tabitha has recovered from her injection Fit as fleas! 43453
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:05 pm

Hi Gilly,

It sounds great Laughing

As cross as you might feel with them now at times, in a few months time you'll wish it'd all start all over again. Kittens just being kittens = magic memories for years to come.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:00 pm

Ian B wrote:Hi Gilly,

It sounds great Laughing

As cross as you might feel with them now at times, in a few months time you'll wish it'd all start all over again. Kittens just being kittens = magic memories for years to come.

Ian

You're spot on Ian, it's such a magical time, like real babies, so precious but gone in an instant. Enjoy them Gilly cos they're still little Fit as fleas! 265331 when they're older. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:30 pm

Awww i love them to bits really Fit as fleas! 579159

I was just thinking about it today and realised that even when they are at their maddest and tearing around and swinging on stuff I'm not annoyed at them Laughing They are just too funny and adorable and loving to be angry at for even a second Laughing I really am enjoying every second with them Fit as fleas! 579159

They've both woken up now and Merlin is beating up a fabric bag-for-life and Tabitha is sitting next to him supervising Fit as fleas! 43453

But rest assured - we have decided to give the christmas tree a miss this year! Fit as fleas! 43453 I somehow don't think it would last two seconds before getting knocked over or swung on or climbed up Fit as fleas! 72767 Perhaps next year we'll have one when - hopefully - they'll not be as lively or mad Laughing
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by siam*mum Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:33 am

cluck cluck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you spoil sport go on put the tree up your have so much fun watching them take it down faster than you put it up !!!!!!
siam*mum
siam*mum
Kitty-Chatter
Kitty-Chatter

Number of posts : 171
Cat(s): : Twiggy,Petal,Madge & Jack

http://www.siamaiden.bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:26 am

Teddy wrote:
Ian B wrote:Hi Gilly,

It sounds great Laughing

Ian

You're spot on Ian, it's such a magical time, like real babies, so precious but gone in an instant. Enjoy them Gilly cos they're still little Fit as fleas! 265331 when they're older. LOL
Yep, when they get to that age to be still acting all kitten-ish, but are big enough to cause real damage, that's when the real fun and games begin as nothing is safe Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:30 am

Gilly wrote:.......whirling dervishes!!!!!
Speaking of which, I've just managed to turn Bola into one by tying his fav toy, a length of string with a feather at one end, onto his tail. I had to take it off before he collapsed from exhaustion from trying to catch it, either that or he'd bore a hole thro' the fllor Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:43 am

siam*mum wrote:...you spoil sport go on put the tree up your have so much fun watching them take it down faster than you put it up !!!!!!

That's what everyone is saying to me!!! Laughing Even Neil, last week, was saying we had to still have our tree...but now that he's realised jut how much energy these two have he's changed his mind! Laughing We need to find some indestructable baubles Wink

Awww poor Bola Fit as fleas! 43453 Neil does that with the laser pointer Rolling Eyes
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Ian B wrote:
Speaking of which, I've just managed to turn Bola into one by tying his fav toy, a length of string with a feather at one end, onto his tail. I had to take it off before he collapsed from exhaustion from trying to catch it, either that or he'd bore a hole thro' the fllor Laughing

Ian

ROFL! You do realise I'm going to have to try that now!

Gilly they sound like such treasures! and so very entertaining!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:29 pm

maddymoo wrote:

Gilly they sound like such treasures! and so very entertaining!

Oh they are certainly entertaining Laughing Neil has made them their very own 'christmas tree' Rolling Eyes He had a dig around under the sofa/wall units/bookcases/bed etc etc and found about ten balls that had been batted there and has strung them up on some garden string (the brown heavy duty stuff, not the green plastic one) and he has suspended them all from their scratching post. They love it and go crazy battering them back and forth Laughing

At the moment though it's all peace and quiet - they are both stretched out asleep on my pc desk under the small lamp and are fast asleep. Tabitha's paws are twitching a bit too.....probably dreaming about duffing up her brother Fit as fleas! 43453

I've took some photos so I'll post them on a separate thread Very Happy
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:28 am

maddymoo wrote:
Ian B wrote:

Ian

ROFL! You do realise I'm going to have to try that now!
You've seen dogs chasing their tail and not quite managing to *catch* it? Well, that's exactly what Bola was like with the string tied to his Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:27 am

So happy to hear the little ones are fit as fleas (but without any fleas... lol!)!

Oh they certainly are entertaining at that age... we had our hands full with Pok, and he was just one kitten... then again he was the naughtiest kitten I've ever met... and he hasn't improved with age... lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content