For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleas

5 posters

Go down

Fleas Empty Fleas

Post by Laura Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:03 am

Anyone else having a bloody nightmare with fleas this summer? Percy is always Frontlined so I don't know how he's managed to pick them up but he's particularly bad at the moment. I've sprayed the house with that stuff from the vets (a bargain at £20 a can - argh) but he's still scratching like mad. I've also bought a flea comb and spend a bit of time every evening having a good going over until he bites me with annoyance. There's nowt else I can do but wait until the weather gets colder and hope they die. Just interested to know if it's been a bad summer for anyone else?
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Fleas Empty Re: Fleas

Post by *Prince* Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:46 am

Sorry to hear Sir Percival has been bothered by those pesky damn things! Princey, as always, is frontlined, and as always, has been bitten beyond belief! I hate it, as he always gets so sore and bothered by them! Evil or Very Mad
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:59 am

Even tho' the vet found flea droppings on Beckett, I must have a blind spot where they are concerned as I've yet to see one, live or dead, on any of my lot, nor for that matter any local cat. I can't believe the estate I live on is Frontlines best customer base, but I can't think why else fleas would not be a problem here confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:47 pm

Funnily enough I had a dream last night that I was looking through Brambles fur and found lots of bites Shocked

I know Kaths bee's having problems with mites and Sophie, so is it feasible that rather than fleas it could be these berry bugs that bite like crazy... check out Kaths 'AAAGGGHHHHH' thread in cat health, certainly could be why the frontline doesn't seem to be doing the trick?
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:23 pm

I always de flea mine and they are still scratching weeks later, so maybe Frontline isn't as effective anymore. Even though mine scratch I haven't found any fleas on them.
There is a new flea treatment called effipro, similar to Frontline but cheaper, have never used it though and going to ask the vet about it.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:27 pm

littlekitty wrote:I always de flea mine and they are still scratching weeks later, so maybe Frontline isn't as effective anymore. Even though mine scratch I haven't found any fleas on them.
There is a new flea treatment called effipro, similar to Frontline but cheaper, have never used it though and going to ask the vet about it.

You have a point there, as we switch between flea collars, bob martin spot on and frontline (have tried the herbal stuff, but it really was crap and only lasts 2 weeks max) and touch wood we don't seem to have had any problems.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down