For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Percy! *shakes fist*

4 posters

Go down

Percy! *shakes fist* Empty Percy! *shakes fist*

Post by Laura Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:57 pm

Ooooh! I'm furiuos at Percy! I was just in our spare room sorting out my dialysis stuff when I looked out of the window and saw Percy in next doors garden. He strolled up to their back door, mewed twice and my neighbour opened the back door and in he trotted. It's not them I'm annoyed at (although they shouldn't be encouraging him) it's HIM! How dare he mooch next door like he lives there! It makes me wonder how many other neighbours he visits. Anyone else's cat do this? What am I doing wrong? He has everything he needs here and gets plenty of love. Percy doesn't love me anymore *wail* Percy! *shakes fist* 761211
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Percy! *shakes fist* Empty Re: Percy! *shakes fist*

Post by Teddy Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:19 pm

Course he does, but cats are curious, and there is probably something in there he likes, whether that is food, company whatever, it's just different to home. Like us wanting to go an see a friend instead of just staying at home with our partne, same old, same old. It's a break, something different to do for a half hour. He will come trotting home, happy as Larry knowing where he belongs.
Moto sits outside our local shop all day, gets attention, petted and fussed over, but he always comes home.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:24 pm

Oh that's a relief. I assumed cats did that if they weren't happy at home (look at Ian's gang, for example). On the upside I would rather he was safe in someone's home instead of being on the road.

Is it absolutely ridiculous that I was jealous of the attention he was giving my neighbours? God, I need to get a life!
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:37 pm

LOL, it feels like a slap in the face when they do that, almost like we aren't loving them enough, but it's not like that at all, basically, they are conniving little Percy! *shakes fist* 265331 who want all they can get. If you feel you can, let your neighbour know that you would prefer if she didn't feed him. At least that way he knows where his food comes from.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:15 pm

Percy! Cheeky boy! Well, with the size of her I somewhat suspect Mads does the same! Aye, they are out for all they can get! LOL!

I would agree that asking the neighbours not to feed him is a good idea, mention that you saw him go in and you don't mind him visiting, but that you'd rather they didn't feed him, tell them he has a medical condition if you like, and that he is on a special diet. Awww bless you Laura, I have to admit tho, that if it were confirmed that Mads visited other people I would be a wee bit pee'd off too!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:05 pm

Laura wrote:What am I doing wrong? He has everything he needs here and gets plenty of love. Percy doesn't love me anymore *wail* Percy! *shakes fist* 761211
Oh Laura... (((((hugs))))) Nothing wrong at all, Percy has just discovered that he can have his cake and eat it too... lol! It does however feel like a betrayal when the little buggers do it (we had one once that lived just as much with someone else as he did with us)... but it's got nothing to do with you, it's got to do with Percy being too smart for his (or should I say your) own good... lol!

Yes, if it doesn't feel to ackward (depends on the neighbours) have a chat with them and tell them that you prefer it if they didn't let Percy in or feed him... if so he'll soon get tired of trying his luck at their door.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content