For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm not speaking to Percy *humph*

+4
*Prince*
Teddy
pokbg
Laura
8 posters

Go down

I'm not speaking to Percy *humph* Empty I'm not speaking to Percy *humph*

Post by Laura Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm

For the last few days Percy has been out all day. Literally all day, from 8am to 8pm. I'd been getting really worried as he usually sleeps here until his evening jaunt. Yesterday around 4pm I strolled around the back alleys to see if I could spot him and I bumped in to my next door neighbour, I asked if he had seen Percy and he said 'no'. I got back home and felt thoroughly worried. Half an hour later my neighbour knocked on my door with Percy saying he had been sleeping in his daughters room. I hugged him, pleased he was safe and told him to stay in. Ten minutes later he was off out again and I watched as he went next door and mieowed at their backdoor, luckily they didn't let him in this time.

It makes me feel a bit sad as I'm in on my own a lot at the moment and really enjoy his company, knowing he'd rather be next door all day is rubbish. The main thing is that he's safe but I still can't help feeling a bit resentful about it. Should I speak to my neighbours and ask them not to let him in?
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

I'm not speaking to Percy *humph* Empty Re: I'm not speaking to Percy *humph*

Post by pokbg Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:16 pm

If you don't mind, ask them to keep him out of their house. Cats are funny little things, so please don't feel miffed that he goes in next door... he's not alone in those action. It's got nothing to do with how they feel at home, i think it's more the "having your cake and eating it" scenario.

(((((hugs)))))
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:13 pm

Am sure your neighbours won't mind you asking them to keep him out. He has to re-learn where his home is, cheeky little monkey. Sophie disappears for hours at a time, and I haven't a clue where she goes too, but she does come home, eventually. Percy is just chancing his mit, as Pokbg says , he wants his cake...........................
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:28 pm

Ooh Percy, you little Turncoat you! *wags finger*
Aww, Laura, I would be gutted if I knew that Princey did that. Chances are he does, we just dont know.
Like others have said, they are funny creatures, and like their comforts, so if they are gonna get offered it elsewhere they are gonna be opportunists eh!
I would tend to agree with the others, and ask your neighbours not to let him in. Am sure they wont be offended if you are pleasant about it, which I am sure you will be. ((( hugs )))
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:47 pm

Hi Laura,

I agree with the others, a friendly word with your neighbours has got to be the first step, and if that doesn't work, a spell of being confined to barracks for Percy wouldn't go amiss, just to reinforce where his *home* is, tho' I'm the last person who should be offering advice on this.

On the bright side, you are in much the same situation as my neighbours with their three cats calling here, in as much as you know where to ask first if their cats (or Percy) has been missing for a while. There's just no understanding cats at times, they'll do whatever they want or can get away with outside, and there's very little we can actually do to stop them.

Jimmy must be a nightmare for my neighbours, he's been known to walk miles and is so bold any open door or window is a clear invitation for him to call in his eyes. Quite how he hasn't got into trouble before now is a mystery.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Bad Percy! LOL! Cats will always do as they please LOL, but as the others have said, a friendly chat with the neighbours and keeping him in for a bit could be all the deterrent he needs for that behaviour to not be worth his while. LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:39 pm

We used to have the same problem when we lived at Whitley Bay - we'd have two cats who would come visiting virtually every day and they would quite happily stay at ours all day if we let them Rolling Eyes I used to tell them to go home because their owners would be worried about them Laughing They belonged to the same person and were only at the bottom of the street, about 50 yards away, so it wasn't as if they were going miles away Laughing
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:22 pm

Buddy goes to one of my neighbours, across form me, and sits in her garden for most of the day and he does get food there as she leaves biscuits down for her two.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content