For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

we have kittens.

+3
littlekitty
pokbg
nicola
7 posters

Go down

we have kittens. Empty we have kittens.

Post by nicola Sat May 02, 2009 10:47 pm

Sorry I have not been on here since last week when I posted but I have been so busy with.......kittens lol.

When I stopped fostering for CP I joined a local cat rescue in my village it's only a small one and it's run from a woman's home, I have been helping with doing the home checks for them as for a while now I have had my hands full and not had the time to foster cats as I could not have given them the time they would need, anyway on Monday I had a phone call off the rescue asking me if I could take on some kittens as someone had just handed in 3 kittens that they "said they had found in a box" (don't believe that for a minute) so I had a chat with Steve about it to see what he thinks (as if he would say no lol) and I went to pick them up.

When I got to the rescue it's only then I realised how young the kittens are, they are about 7-8 days old as they're eyes were still closed, they are ever so tinny so it's back to hand rearing kittens for me every 2 hours day and night lol (lucky I'm still not sleeping very well so am up in the night anyway).

The kittens are eating well and gaining weight everyday, they are going to the toilet fine and are quite strong, Carys is fantastic with them (I knew she would be as she was with Lilly and her brothers and sister) if they cry she sticks her head in the crate to check on them lol,
Lilly has had a sniff of them and has since just ignored them but it's Saffy that has been fantastic with them, she has not left them alone (it's as if she thinks she's their mum) she sleeps in the crate with them and they all snuggle up to her to keep warm, when she go's out to the toilet she is only out a matter of minuets and she runs back in to check on them and starts cleaning them.

I'm sure I'm a glutton for punishment having to do all this again but I'm loving it.

here are some pics of the kittens and some of saffy keeping an eye on them ( if you look close you can see saffys fur has still not grown back properly from when she was spayed lol)

we have kittens. DSCF0208

we have kittens. DSCF0199

we have kittens. DSCF0226

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

we have kittens. Empty Re: we have kittens.

Post by pokbg Sun May 03, 2009 1:41 am

Eeeeeeeeek! Oh, Nicola - how exciting and fantastic!!!! Eeeeeeeek! Oh man... I'm so jealous, and don't envy you one bit at the same time... lol! Tiny little beauties, and then the 2 feeding each second hour... hmmm...

What a wonderful thing you're doing... and how amazing that Saffy and Carys have taken to them so much. Eeeeeeeeeeek! Sorry... a tiny bit over excited here... but Eeeeeeeeek! lol!

They're absolutely wonderful... look at that goegoues little face on the girl... and Saffy being such a good "mum"... bless!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sun May 03, 2009 1:26 pm

Oohh Oohh, gorgeous wee kitties. I love the calico one, she is a sweetheart. Poor wee things *being found* so young, but glad to hear that Saffy has taken charge of them, it's as if she is a natural mum and they are her own kittens.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sun May 03, 2009 2:47 pm

LOL I think I spoke too soon, last night saffy and the kittens were in the crate and one of the kittens tried to suckle saffy lol she almost hit the roof, she hissed and give him a good swipe and has not gone anywhere near the crate since then.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun May 03, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi Nicola,

How it going with the kittens, has Saffy come round round and forgiven them yet?

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun May 03, 2009 10:11 pm

Oh wow Nichola how wonderful and am pigging jealous. ROFL, Oh the satisfaction you'll get is amazing. Had to laugh at Saffys reaction. Lots of work there for you but so worthwhile.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Mon May 04, 2009 4:17 pm

Awww Nic Nic! what wonderful wee kittens. Even though its a lot of hard work, I reckon its just what you need at the moment - something else to focus on, and take your mind off all the sadness of late. You never know, with all the work and exhaustion they will cause, they might just help you get back into a normal sleep pattern in the long run.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Mon May 04, 2009 4:47 pm

Thanks everyone the kittens are doing fine, they all have eyes open today but they are still deff at the mo, they are putting on lots of weight and are very vocal! lol.

Saffy is not very sure about them anymore, she will come and sit and watch me while I'm feeding them but that's as far as it go's lol

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Mon May 04, 2009 7:49 pm

lol! Poor little Saffy must have gotten a shock there... lol! "Oh what lovely kittens, oh, I just want to be with them and protect them... hey - what's going on? Eeeeeeeeek! They're eating me up!!!" lol!

Oh, they sound so amazing... eeeeeek!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon May 04, 2009 8:51 pm

*Prince* wrote:Awww Nic Nic! what wonderful wee kittens. Even though its a lot of hard work, I reckon its just what you need at the moment - something else to focus on, and take your mind off all the sadness of late. You never know, with all the work and exhaustion they will cause, they might just help you get back into a normal sleep pattern in the long run.

I second that. I think these kittens have been sent to you Nic, to help you through these tough times and just the same that you've been sent for them. They are gorgeous indeed and I had to laugh at Saffys reaction! LOL!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down