For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It makes a pleasant change.............

3 posters

Go down

It makes a pleasant change............. Empty It makes a pleasant change.............

Post by Ian B Sat May 30, 2009 9:31 am

...........I found a collar this morning instead one of my lot losing theirs Laughing

I think it might be Jimmy's, but if it is, it's the first time I've ever known any of next doors to wear a quick release collar. There's no identification, something I can never understand, how hard can it be to write the cats name or a phone# on?

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

It makes a pleasant change............. Empty Re: It makes a pleasant change.............

Post by *Prince* Sat May 30, 2009 9:37 am

I dont really get the point of a collar if there isnt any ID on it? Or is that just me being thick?
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

It makes a pleasant change............. Empty Re: It makes a pleasant change.............

Post by Ian B Sat May 30, 2009 10:05 am

*Prince* wrote:I dont really get the point of a collar if there isnt any ID on it? Or is that just me being thick?
Nope, not you, having no ID on is pointless imo, tho' in this case it wasn't needed as I was right, it was Jimmys collar.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat May 30, 2009 1:30 pm

LOL! I have to confess that neither of mine have name or phone number on theirs, as for Boo its just to show she has a home in case she gets lost as is microchipped and for Mads its a reflective collar so she'll be easier to spot at night. But we certainly would feel more comfortable with contact details on now you mention it as if anything happened there would be some instant contact info to hand and Mads isn't chipped... hmmm.. could just get them those ID tags and clip them on..
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat May 30, 2009 2:10 pm

maddymoo wrote:LOL! I have to confess that neither of mine have name or phone number on theirs, as for Boo its just to show she has a home in case she gets lost as is microchipped and for Mads its a reflective collar so she'll be easier to spot at night. But we certainly would feel more comfortable with contact details on now you mention it as if anything happened there would be some instant contact info to hand and Mads isn't chipped... hmmm.. could just get them those ID tags and clip them on..
They might not be hurt, just lost or trapped, so having contact info on their collar would save a lot of hassle when they were found. Fudge and Bola are chipped, but I just like the extra security ID on a collar gives.

If either was unlucky enough to get hurt, people finding them might not rush them straight to the vets (if at all) but having my phone # means they'd probably call me and that could be the difference between life and death.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat May 30, 2009 2:38 pm

Ian B wrote:
maddymoo wrote:LOL! I have to confess that neither of mine have name or phone number on theirs, as for Boo its just to show she has a home in case she gets lost as is microchipped and for Mads its a reflective collar so she'll be easier to spot at night. But we certainly would feel more comfortable with contact details on now you mention it as if anything happened there would be some instant contact info to hand and Mads isn't chipped... hmmm.. could just get them those ID tags and clip them on..
They might not be hurt, just lost or trapped, so having contact info on their collar would save a lot of hassle when they were found. Fudge and Bola are chipped, but I just like the extra security ID on a collar gives.

If either was unlucky enough to get hurt, people finding them might not rush them straight to the vets (if at all) but having my phone # means they'd probably call me and that could be the difference between life and death.

Ian

Hmmm, yes, I see exactly what you're saying and agree, it would make things easier and would make me feel more comfortable when they're out and when Mads goes a wandering lol.... aye, I'll get some done at pets at home when next there, which shouldn't be too long as they are running low on litter. lol
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down