For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And New Girl Makes Four!

4 posters

Go down

And New Girl Makes Four!  Empty And New Girl Makes Four!

Post by Gilly Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:31 pm

And yet another has joined the household And New Girl Makes Four!  43453

Her history? Handed in to the vets in Morpeth as a stray. Apparently she is epileptic AND blind.....but I'm not 100% convinced confused She's on a daily Phenoleptil 12.5mg tablet each morning which we crush and put in her breakfast. But as to her blindness.....she either hasn't lost ALL her sight or is able to compensate by using her whiskers and senses around the house. We don't live in a huge place so she's easily been able to suss out the lie of the land and now seems to prefer to be in the bedroom in one of the hooded cat beds. She's only been with us 2 weeks tomorrow so we're not going to try and force her to do anything: everything will be at HER pace and when she feels comfortable. We can stroke her ok and her tail goes up and she purrps at you in greeting And New Girl Makes Four!  579159 Neil has christened her Nina but I still keep calling her Flo-Jo as she runs around everywhere Laughing All you see is a flash of black and she's gone And New Girl Makes Four!  43453

Such lovely eyes.....they don't LOOK blind, do they
And New Girl Makes Four!  023-1
And New Girl Makes Four!  030

They soon suss out the heat source!
And New Girl Makes Four!  033

Thomas waiting for seconds.....and probably thinking ''Can't you eat faster!'' And New Girl Makes Four!  72767
And New Girl Makes Four!  034
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

And New Girl Makes Four!  Empty Re: And New Girl Makes Four!

Post by Ian B Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:30 am

Congrats on the newcomer Gilly Very Happy And New Girl Makes Four!  579159 and yeah, she doesn't *look* blind in the pics.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:53 pm

She is gorgeous Gilly, she doesn't look blind. Has she had tests to see if she is?
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:51 am

To be honest Lynne I'm not sure confused She was handed in as a stray to the vets in Morpeth and they got in touch with PARRT and so she ended up with them. For some reason she ended up with Marilyn who does the dog section and was in either a large keenel or a crate, depending on how busy the kennels were. When we heard about her we immediately wanted her Laughing
She has her daily pill and I'm going to ask a few questions next week when we go down to Morpreth to get some more. So far she's settling in well and yesterday I even managed to pick her up and clip her claws as she was getting stuck on the carpet when she walked Rolling Eyes
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Didn't have time to post a pic this morning as I was running late *as usual!* for work Rolling Eyes Nina came into the living room last night and made herself comfortable in front of the electric heater - definitely seems to be a Heat-Seeker Cat Laughing I managed a quick pic of her by sticking the camera under my feet on the recliner and snapping away before she could get up Very Happy She looks like a lil' black teddy bear Laughing Feels like it too!

And New Girl Makes Four!  004-7
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:40 pm

She is gorgeous Gilly, sorry I've been missing so just seen this one, it almose slipped by me. No she doesn't look blind, infact she looks quite keen, but then who knows. have you have any results back yet?
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down