For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little about my cats

+2
Teddy
audrey
6 posters

Go down

A little about my cats Empty A little about my cats

Post by audrey Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:41 pm

Topsy ( Imp Gr Ch Lorrentino Ladyguinevere ) She was my first, I was so lucky her breeder let me have her.
She's a real mummies girl, and such a lady, she loves icecream, and kittens, she'll let anyone have a cuddle for a few minutes, then her paw reaches out to me.
Maddy ( Magical Mockingbird ) Topsy's daughter, she would never bite or scratch, but likes to smack people, as a kitten she was a terrible toe smacker. Laughing
Bubba ( Curlypurpot Sweet Muse ) She is an out and out tart, sex is all she thinks about, her babies are just a by product to her, and she is known to forget where she left them, the stories I could tell you about her, Very Happy but she is so lovable you have to forgive her.
Rosy ( Magical Rosylee ) Topsy and Teddy's daughter, she loves to play tug, she has her 1st litter of kittens, and has been such a good mum, she's going out on the show bench again soon, she has 1 cc.
Jemima ( Magical Jemima Puddleduck ) Bubba's daughter, she is so sweet, but there are signs that she is taking after her mum. Laughing
Hatty ( Magical Mishat Titude ) Rosylee's daughter, she is only a baby, she had her 2nd vaccs today, she's a real character and thinks of herself as a big cat.
Tabitha ( Magical Tabitha Twitchet ) Topsy's daughter, a baby of 8 weeks, she finds humans fascinating and is much braver than her brothers.
Teddy ( Rexivel Reuben ) My big brave studboy, he is the cuddliest Teddy you could wish to meet, he hasn't got a nasty bone in his body.
audrey
audrey

Number of posts : 23
Cat(s): : Devon Rex
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

A little about my cats Empty Re: A little about my cats

Post by Teddy Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:18 am

They all seem so lovely Audrey, had to laugh about your little tart, well not everyone can be maternal. LOL
You certainly have a house full there, they will keep you busy!
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by siam*mum Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:59 pm

I love going to audreys bubba is such a darling she talks to you very much like a mezzer and rosylee is so friendly it's lovley to see them all
is anyone is manchester way give her a shout its so nice to see and cuddle all the babies we are both going to the supreme fingers crossed soif any of you are coming give us a shout
siam*mum
siam*mum
Kitty-Chatter
Kitty-Chatter

Number of posts : 171
Cat(s): : Twiggy,Petal,Madge & Jack

http://www.siamaiden.bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:47 pm

Your cats all seem wonderful, Audrey, nice to hear about them.
Had to laugh at Bubba though, I also have a little tart, she lies on her back with everything on show she has no shame. A little about my cats 43453
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:00 pm

What a wonderful furry family you have. Such characters.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:29 am

Awww they all sound lovely.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:47 am

Well, I'm going to join in to let you know about mine Audrey.

My big black girl is Madison aka Mads, Maddy, Moo, she is prob around 8ish now, perhaps a little older and is a right madam! She is a complete cuddle bunny once you get to know her, but is a right handful until she trusts you lol! She has attacked kids and certainly I would never trust her alone with a stranger lol. She's been through the mill tho, as a young cat she fell from a first story window and shattered her front leg, so has had numerous operations to save it. Now the only evidence of that is a white patch and an occasional 'gangsta' walk. She will play fetch with toy mice and goes nuts for catnip! Lol! She is an absolute daddys girl, but prefers mums' lap.

My little grey girl is Bramble, aka Boo. She is just over 2 and we found her when she was just a few weeks old, not even fully weaned, running up the motorway. She has settled in beautifully with us, but as she grew she developed problems with her hind legs. She had to have an op on one as her knee kept on dislocating (subluxing knee, the very same that some dog breeds are born with) and the same may happen with her other leg as they are both malformed. She is a happy wee thing, full of energy, definately not the sharpest tool and is so very timid, Its always 3 steps forward, 2 steps back with her. She is a complete mummys girl and cannot stand being alone, she always has to be around us of Mads... her 'mummymoo'. She is the most talkative cat I've known and will happily wander singing to herself, and keeps us updated with everything she does.

They both get on remarkbly well, considering Mads is not the most tollerant of cats! Lol! They both have such strong and different characters, like all our cats.

Haha, I could talk about them all day!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by audrey Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:37 am

Bless they both sound lovely, I love cats with character, I'm wondering if Bramble is a variant.
audrey
audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:02 pm

audrey wrote:Bless they both sound lovely, I love cats with character, I'm wondering if Bramble is a variant.

We do sometimes wonder that, if she was a product of an unscruplulous (?sp) breeder that dumped her/them because of her legs, as subluxing patella is so uncommon in cats, she has hip dysplacia too which showed up on her x-rays. Her knee tho, went from her being a happy tearing around the house at 1000mph to unable to walk with a grade 4 luxation. I know its more common in certain cat breeds, than moggies, which is why I think this could be the case. Or that simply she's been very in-bred... giving her inability to get the concept of glass etc. and the fact she's still highly amused by the same toy she's had since a kitten, this could be the case! Lol! Of course she might not have been dumped, she could have been a farm cats' kitten that has wandered off too far, but the location we found her on the A1 was miles away even from any farm dwellings and she didn't have fleas etc. Gads, she was a bugger to catch tho! So small and hiding in a Bramble bush, we found her by 'mewing' at her and she was frantically answering lol. Lol! Prob best not to dwell on how she came to be running up a motorway (being 'chased' by cars), at approx 4/5weeks.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by audrey Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:26 pm

maddymoo wrote:
audrey wrote:Bless they both sound lovely, I love cats with character, I'm wondering if Bramble is a variant.

We do sometimes wonder that, if she was a product of an unscruplulous (?sp) breeder that dumped her/them because of her legs, as subluxing patella is so uncommon in cats, she has hip dysplacia too which showed up on her x-rays. Her knee tho, went from her being a happy tearing around the house at 1000mph to unable to walk with a grade 4 luxation. I know its more common in certain cat breeds, than moggies, which is why I think this could be the case. Or that simply she's been very in-bred... giving her inability to get the concept of glass etc. and the fact she's still highly amused by the same toy she's had since a kitten, this could be the case! Lol! Of course she might not have been dumped, she could have been a farm cats' kitten that has wandered off too far, but the location we found her on the A1 was miles away even from any farm dwellings and she didn't have fleas etc. Gads, she was a bugger to catch tho! So small and hiding in a Bramble bush, we found her by 'mewing' at her and she was frantically answering lol. Lol! Prob best not to dwell on how she came to be running up a motorway (being 'chased' by cars), at approx 4/5weeks.

There are plenty of back street breeders who buy a kitten on the non-active, then breed with a household pet, she looks to me like a Devon Rex variant, I'm going off the shape of her face, back street breeders don't bother about the fact they could be breeding with a carrier.
I had someone phone me about a kitten I have for sale, when I told them the price, they told me the price some people were selling them at, which was half the price of mine.
But if you buy off one of these back street breeders, you're not going to get a healthy vaccinated kitten, you'll get a poor wee baby, probably too young to leave its mum, and will cost you a fortune at the vets, and it may not even live very long.
I prefer to make sure my babies are big and strong and able to give their new owners years of fun without regular visits to the vet.
I'll get off my soap box now. A little about my cats 72767
audrey
audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:34 pm

No no, get on your soap box all you want Audrey! We love a good rant on here and everyone does, its very theraputic! lol! Whatever Boo is with her problems we're convinced she's a bit inbred, bless her heart, but she's our little dumb girl and is very happy with her life. lol! (I wasn't so happy with her at 4.30am this morning mind! LOL)

Back onto the backstreet breeders, I think everyone here would rather pay extra for a healthy well looked after kitten, than line the pockets of those who don't really give a damn. Then there's those who delibrately don't get their cats neutered so they can sell the kittens onto pet shops etc. Grrrrr!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down