For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good people......

4 posters

Go down

Good people...... Empty Good people......

Post by Ian B Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:24 am

I was on the bus going for a drink last night when it suddenly stopped, and as I was sat behind the drivers cab I couldn't see much except a car had pulled up, so I thought it was just stupid double parking stopping him getting thro'. Then I heard a girl on the other side of the bus say "Aw, look, a cat's been hit and is lying in the middle of the road" Crying or Very sad

I didn't look, but seemingly the car driver got out, took his coat over to the cat, picked it up and wrapped his coat round it then took it to the pavement Very Happy Even better, as he was doing that his passenger had got out and had started knocking on doors looking for the cats owners Very Happy

I got a half decent look at the cat, a big black and white moggy, as we drove past and it was still alive, it looked alert if a bit stunned with no yowling with pain, so hopefully it had nothing worse than a broken leg. I couldn't thank the car driver but managed to give him a double Good people...... 579159 as we drove past.

I'll never find out how the cat got on, but thanks to the caring driver and his passenger it stood a better than average chance.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Good people...... Empty Re: Good people......

Post by Teddy Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:31 pm

oh lets just hope because of their actions the poor thing is fine and recovering.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Hopefully it was nothing more than shock. The fact that the bloke used his coat suggests there was no blood and even tho' I didn't get a close look at the cats face, there didn't seem to be any injuries there. As I said, it was looked alert and was taking a interest in everything going on around it without struggling, most likely due to shock rather than injury. It obviously had no collar with ID, which is a shame as it's owners would have been quickly found with them, instead of the passenger having to go knocking on doors.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:22 pm

Aye, there are a FEW decent people around eh. I so hope, because of their caring actions, that the puss cat was alright. Wish we could know for sure.
Princey doesnt wear a collar with ID on it, although, of course, he is microchipped, but it does make me think maybe he should, as he has to wear a collar anyway with his magnet on it for his cat flap.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:37 pm

I won't deny at first I was cursing the car driver at holding us up Embarassed but then felt guilty when I saw the reason why. It's as well he acted the way he did, even at that time of night it's a busy road with a fair few HGV's, the cat wouldn't have stood a chance if he'd just left it in the road.

I'll never know what happened to the cat, there's loads of houses and it could have belonged to any one of them. If the driver and passenger managed to find the owners they will have done reall well tbh, but that's as much as I/we can hope for.

I know I rushed home to make sure my lot were safe and sound.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:53 pm

Aaww hope the cat will be alright, but as you said Ian , with the amount of houses to call it, it would be a miracle if the owners were found.
I just wish that more drivers were considerate about animals and be cautious, I've seen a few near misses when we've been out and about.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:26 pm

Hi Lynn,

One good thing is that at the spot it happened, there are only houses on one side of the road with the main town church and graveyard opposite, which narrowed their initial search down. There's no guarantee the cat lived at one of those houses, but the odds are it did.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down