For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So far so good

2 posters

Go down

So far so good Empty So far so good

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:39 pm

I *finally* got around to painting the windowsill in the living room today after putting it off for God knows how long because I didn't want my lot trampling in wet paint. The weather has been pretty good today so, barring Max who's called in a couple of times, they've all stayed outside which is just as well as this paint takes forever to dry.

I've drawn the curtains and used masking tape to stick the bottoms to the radiator and ends to the walls so they can't get onto the windowsill (he said hopefully) but the real test will be after I've gone to bed tonight.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

So far so good Empty Re: So far so good

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:44 am

I was right, the curtain defence was breeched but not by my lot, it was Dexter.

I'd dozed off on the sofa and was woken by a *what the hell is that* sound confused It took me a few seconds to work out it was coming from behind the curtains and was the sound of his paws sticking to the paint as he moved about. Luckily he didn't have time to lie down, he was after the dry food bowl but I'd put it on the floor next to the water bowls and he's walked straight past it Rolling Eyes

He jumped down when I shouted, but left a trail of paw prints on the carpet as he headed for the door. It's lucky he's such a lightweight compared to my lot, the prints were easy to clean. As I'd also touched up the door edges, I couldn't even close it enough to stop them going in after I'd gone to bed but they seemingly stayed away from it overnight.

I was dreading checking the windowsill today, fully expecting needing to do it again, but there's barely a mark, enough for me to ignore anyway So far so good 579159 On the downside, the paint is still tacky today so the curtains will have to stay closed and taped down till at least bedtime tonight.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:18 am

OMG what about his paws So far so good 43453 hope it's niot paint that needs turps to clean it off, or he's going to have a helluva job getting that off. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:24 am

Teddy wrote:OMG what about his paws So far so good 43453 hope it's niot paint that needs turps to clean it off, or he's going to have a helluva job getting that off. Rolling Eyes
I've not checked them yet, but judging by the prints I would think most, if not all the paint, came off on the carpet. It's just a good job he's such a lightweight else his paws would have got a lot more paint on them.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:41 pm

Bet he got a shock and the taste will be gross, so he'll not be happy. Laughing