For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hmmm, that was risky

3 posters

Go down

Hmmm, that was risky Empty Hmmm, that was risky

Post by Ian B Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:31 am

After Bola kindly pointing out where stripey tailed tom had sprayed in the living room yesterday by spraying on the same spot himself, I took a chance and locked them all in last night. I only had Fudge, Bola, Max and Buddy, but only Bola has ever used a tray so I half expected regretting doing it today.

A tray has been used, but beyond that all seems well. I haven't locked them in since Beckett was a kitten but it's something I may have to do to stop stripey tail sneaking in at night if he is spraying.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Hmmm, that was risky Empty Re: Hmmm, that was risky

Post by Teddy Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:40 pm

once he starts spraying, unless you keep him out, he'll keep on doing it. They are just marking what they think is their territory but maybe someone has to teach them it's just not acceptable inside. Pugh!!! No
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:27 am

Hi Kath,

If he is spraying, I don't notice it but the others do, especially Bola, or it could just be the unfamiliar scent in the house he's left after exploring.

I was all set to shut them in again last night but Buddy decided he wanted to go out just before 1am, so I had to leave the flap open Rolling Eyes I *think* stripey tail came in as I heard a strange miaow on the stairs not long after I'd gone to bed and it attracted the attention of both Fudge and Bola, but neither went to investigate so it was left up to me Twisted Evil tho' there was no sign of him when I got up to check.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:30 pm

I've had the flap set to exit only all day and I've caught stripey tail trying to get in three times so far............and the way he was scratching at the flap the last time, I'm surprised he didn't rip it off it's hinges. I feel sorry for him being outside so much in this weather, but he's not coming in just to spray everywhere.

He must have a home as he very rarely steals food, all he's after is somewhere warm and dry to get his head down for a bit.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:20 am

He sneaked in about 10pm yesterday and found a bit of food Buddy had left but I let him finish it before chasing him out. As he was about I was all set to lock them all in again....................till Buddy woke up at 12.30am and wandered outside Rolling Eyes

I waited a while to see if he'd come back in before I went to bed, but of course he didn't, so I had to settle for making sure the only room, besides the kitchen and hall, that they could get in was my bedroom, and just hope Jimmy didn't make a late night appearance.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:13 am

Another lock in last night, and barring a bit of retching from Buddy early this morning, all went well again.

I assumed it was Fudge retching, but she was fast asleep next to my pillow and Bola and Fudge were in my bedroom so it had to be Buddy. I found a small patch of liquid he'd brought back Hmmm, that was risky 878172 but in it was a long thin *object*, I thought bloody hell, that's some worm Shocked but it turned out to be a blade of grass Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:12 pm

^^^^

Oooooh! The Glamour at your place eh Ian?!?! Hmmm, that was risky 43453
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:40 am

*Prince* wrote:^^^^

Oooooh! The Glamour at your place eh Ian?!?! Hmmm, that was risky 43453
Oh yes, it's things like this that would make even the most rabid cat-hater change their mind and rush out and get one Laughing

On a side note, I've found out there's no need to worry about Bola being locked out, he lets me know big time when he wants to come in by almost scratching the flap off it's hinges. I thought Max was bad at doing that, but he's a amateur compared to Bola Shocked Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content