For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent purr

Go down

Silent purr Empty Silent purr

Post by Ian B Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:02 am

Buddy has one.

It'd puzzled me for ages that, no matter how happy he was/how much he was enjoying being stroked or having a belly rub, he never seemed to purr. Vocally, he's much the same as Bola volume wise, but while I can hear him purr, I'd never heard Buddy till last night.

He jumped onto my lap for a stroke as I was sat watching tv, and it was obvious he was loving the attention, but even when I muted the tv I still couldn't hear him purring. It was only when he climbed up my chest and sat on my shoulder that I heard him, without my ear being so close to him it's pretty much silent.

I've known cats with almost deafening purrs Laughing but never a cat with one as quiet as his.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Silent purr Empty Re: Silent purr

Post by Ian B Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:39 am

His purr might be silent, and his miaow might be quiet, but the little sod kept me awake for ages last night by refusing to shut up. He was chirruping and talking on the stairs/landing, to another cat I guess, and the more I tried to igore him and go to sleep, the louder it seemed to get. I was relieved when he suddenly stopped and I heard the flap open shortly after Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down