For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buddy's in my bad books

3 posters

Go down

Buddy's in my bad books Empty Buddy's in my bad books

Post by Ian B Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:36 am

I know he's got a nasty streak, but he went too far last night Rolling Eyes

Jimmy had been in for a while with no hint of trouble from Buddy and had settled down for a snooze on my recliner. Buddy strolled in, jumped onto the windowsill, had a few biscuits them ambled onto the cat tree........he took one look at poor Jimmy and pounced, and one look at his eyes told me he meant to do harm. I managed to stop Buddy by throwing a cushion at him, but it could have been nasty.

That was bad enough, but by the sound of things he attacked Jimmy again after I'd gone to bed, tho' this time I wasn't there to stop him. Jimmy is ok today thankfully, and it says a lot about him that he's still here after that lot, tho' I'm not sure that's in a good way Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Buddy's in my bad books Empty Re: Buddy's in my bad books

Post by Teddy Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:21 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?? Buddy is getting to big for his breeks I say, but what can you do apart from what you already do? really has to be the cat/s he's aggrevating that has to stand up to him. Buddy's in my bad books 996641
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:30 pm

Buddy has learned to run when I shout at him and will even back off if I give him a firm no when it looks like he's about to pounce, but I can't be there all the time. He does it with both Jimmy and the cat from across the road, yet will back down if either Bola or Fudge so much as stare at him.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:49 pm

He must know he has the upper hand with those two whereas with Bola or Fudge he knows his place.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:37 pm

He is SO naughty, as he even knows when he's pushing it by the way he reacts to you! Buddy's in my bad books 43453 Little sod.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:38 am

I think he'll be in a lot of peoples bad books after this morning.................

He woke me, and probably everybody else nearby by having a fight in my back garden at 4am, bloody hell, he can yowl when he wants to Shocked He almost caused a fight between Fudge, Bola and Max as well, they'd all been asleep on my bed but there was a bit of friction as they all tried to get onto the windowsill at the same time to watch.

They all dashed down to the flap in the end, just in time to meet Buddy coming in, soaked to the skin, who then promptly demanded I get up by clambering all over me. It was pointless my trying to go back to sleep Rolling Eyes

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:24 pm

There was a proper set to in my kitchen earlier, Buddy and his arch enemy, but judging by the amount/colour of the fur on the floor Buddy didn't get it all his own way. They'd gone by the time I'd got there but I caught up with them having a stand off in the middle of the road Shocked cue lots of shouting/cursing from me before they ambled to a *safer* spot...............under a parked car Rolling Eyes

I couldn't move them from there so left them to it in the hope neither didn't suddenly dash out in front of a passing car. Buddys ok, but I've not seen the other cat, tho' I dare say he nipped home safely.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:35 pm

.......................just waiting patiently for round 3 Laughing Buddy's in my bad books 996641
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:13 am

I say the cat from across the road got home safely, I'm not so sure now as I've not seen him anywhere since, and him not calling here is very strange Shocked

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:03 am

he may have taken himself somewhere *safe*.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:18 am

Hi Kath,

His owners know he gets picked on regularly (read beaten up) by Buddy, but they didn't know where he lived till I told their son. Hopefully they've just kept him in, but he won't be happy if they have as he's very much a outdoor cat.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:59 am

aww shame he maybe kept in but Buddy's the offender, the judicious system is failing him. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Buddys enemy turned up safe and sound earlier, tho' it's a right royal pita having to ride shotgun stopping Buddy going for him. I wouldn't mind but they're often in the same room and one minute he's asleep on the dining table, while Buddys snoozing on his fav chair without a hint of aggro, the next all hell breaks loose.

They each know the other is there in the same room, so what happens to trigger the fighting I haven't a clue confused

On a side note, this visitor is getting awfully thin. He's a tall cat and his long-ish fur makes him look even bigger, but his spine and ribs were too easily felt when I stroked him earlier. Considering his owner told me he never stops eating at home and the amount of food he eats here, something is wrong. The first thing would be worms, but there's no obvious signs of them, tho' I haven't looked that closely tbh.

I doubt he's diabetic as for all the dry food he eats, I've yet to see him take a drink of water here even tho' it's always offered with the biscuits. He'll have the occasional slurp of cat milk, but that's it.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:41 pm

The first thing would be worms, but there's no obvious signs of them, tho' I haven't looked that closely tbh.

Buddy's in my bad books 72767 no and I wouldn't either. It maybe worms though, not all of them show themselves, sometimes a sample is needed to test for them, if hiis owner don't worm him my money is on that, the alternative is worrying, but worms left untreated can be really serious. Poor soul.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:47 pm

He seems happy enough Kath, maybe it's just me wanting him to be as podgy as my lot, after all Jimmy is really skinny yet I know he's well looked after (between here and next door Laughing)

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:25 pm

Just his build really, cats are meant to be slim when you think of it, but not too skinny.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:51 pm

My visitor got his retaliation in first earlier, he caught Buddy with a vicious right hook as he was passing by. I almost felt sorry for Buddy as I was stood there making sure he didn't attack, not thinking for a second that the visitor would do so Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content