For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm glad summer is nearly here....

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm glad summer is nearly here.... Empty I'm glad summer is nearly here....

Post by Ian B Tue May 04, 2010 10:25 am

.........as yet again the flap has got to be locked, at least during the day (in fact, as long as it's dry outside it'll be locked from now on) For the past three days I've had *my* lot, plus Jimmy, Dexter and to a lesser extent, Bolas friend from over the road in the house pretty much 24/7.

I usually let Jimmy *hoover up* any food left over, but that's a mistake as he's come to expect breakfast at least now. Dexter doesn't eat much, beyond a nibble of dry, but he's getting too comfortable downstairs and I've woken three times to find him asleep on my bed.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

I'm glad summer is nearly here.... Empty Re: I'm glad summer is nearly here....

Post by Teddy Tue May 04, 2010 3:45 pm

oh well it's taken him a while but he's just following the rest of them. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue May 04, 2010 7:30 pm

Teddy wrote:oh well it's taken him a while but he's just following the rest of them. Laughing
True enough, I probably should have done more to discourage him/them.

I set the flap to exit only before I went shopping just before 9.15 this morning and it stayed that wat till 5pm. I spotted him trying the flap a few times but he soon gave up, tho' barring the once, he only went as far as sheltering under my fir tree. The one time I hadn't seen him for a while and thought he'd gone home was this afternoon, but he came from nowhere almost as soon as I opened the flap, nipped in, had a few biscuits then ran out again.

I've not even played with him in my garden today, I know he was just waiting for me to pick up the fishing rod toy, but I ignored him and feel as guilty as hell for doing so as he won't know he's *doing wrong* by spending so much time here.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue May 04, 2010 8:56 pm

aaawwww the poor neglected soul, he's going to have such a complex because you're ignoring him, and he's been so good, poor poor Jimmy.

hahaha how's your guilt now??

I've been keeping my two out of the livingroom while we're at work, they would have this sofa in shreds if I let them in, but so far they seem to be ok about it, although I have to sit down as soon as I come home so Sophie can sit on my lap for 5 minutes, then she takes off happy as Larry. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue May 04, 2010 9:18 pm

Teddy wrote:aaawwww the poor neglected soul, he's going to have such a complex because you're ignoring him, and he's been so good, poor poor Jimmy.
I meant Dexter, not Jimmy, he makes his own amusement but Dexter never strays far from home (both of them)

hahaha how's your guilt now??
It's eased a bit as he's come in now (so has Jimmy) tho' I'm feeling a bit rotten about not putting any wet food down for them.

I've been keeping my two out of the livingroom while we're at work, they would have this sofa in shreds if I let them in, but so far they seem to be ok about it, although I have to sit down as soon as I come home so Sophie can sit on my lap for 5 minutes, then she takes off happy as Larry. Laughing
They're just waiting till you think it'll be safe to leave them alone with the sofa. Mine wasn't new when I bought it, but it was 100% perfect and for months I was shoo-ing them away from that and the chairs...............4 years later I've seen a whole lot worse but it's I'm glad summer is nearly here.... 265331 obvious cats have been on them Rolling Eyes Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue May 04, 2010 9:41 pm

Unfortunately this new one has smooth material on the arms, unlike the cushions which are softer, if they clawed them you wouldn't really notice but clawing the arms and front of the sofa would ruin it, so far so good Laughing

oh go on give him some wet. I'm glad summer is nearly here.... 43453 then chuck him out. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed May 05, 2010 8:38 am

I've had to start using a safety razor to clip all the threads they've pulled on the chair/sofa arms/cushions Rolling Eyes It doesn't do a perfect job but it's not bad if you're patient enough to take your time over it.

It looks like Jimmy went home last night, which is more than I can say for Dexter, he must have sneaked in and been very tired as he even slept thro' my trying to help free Fudges claw, and was still dead to the world when I got up today.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed May 05, 2010 7:16 pm

I don't know how he did it, unless he sneaked in while I was out bringing the wheelie bin back, but I found Dexter asleep on my bed earlier, tho' he's out now. I've just spotted Jimmy on next doors shed roof, I'm guessing he's tried the flap and found it shut as the first thing he usually does when they let him out is call here.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed May 05, 2010 7:40 pm

haha oh Jimmy, what a lad, maybe he was trying to find an alternative way in. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed May 05, 2010 7:42 pm

I'll be opening the flap shortly as they've all been out for quite a while now, tho' the first thro' it will no doubt be Jimmy Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed May 05, 2010 7:45 pm

hahahaha I can just imagine a queue of cats with Jimmy first in line. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed May 05, 2010 8:05 pm

I was wrong, it would have been Dexter. He's been sat on next doors shed roof with Bola for a while now, long enough for my neighbours to have spotted. It must be annoying in that he's not been home for a day or so, tho' they must have a better than good idea where he's been and is safe.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu May 06, 2010 7:21 pm

As it's been damp and a bit chilly I opened the flap and Dexter wandered in for a snooze. He's had very little, if any, food here and gone out again now.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri May 07, 2010 7:25 pm

I opened the flap before lunchtime because Dexter looked so sad just sat under my fir tree waiting for me to open the door (then not letting let him in) In he toddled and headed straight for the dry food bowl in the living room as usual, but I'd deliberately left all the dry bowls empty as my lot have been more out than in today.

He settled for a quick snooze before wandering out, tho' if I felt bad anout the above, I felt worse by refusing to play with him, even tho' I was playing with the others at the time, I just stopped and went inside. I saw him sat under my fir tree again later, just as Debbie (my neighbour) was in her back garden and I would have asked if he was still coming home but she was on the phone.

I'd no need to have been bothered as Dexter heard her taklking, jumped onto their shed roof and strolled towards the door. I was really hoping he'd go in while I was there, then their bloody stupid dog appeared and wanted to say hello to him. I fully expected Dexter to walk away, but no, he eventually ambled into the house, so I know he *remembers* where his real home is.

As luck would have it, their youngest son, Jack, came round later and asked to borrow a can opener, so I took the chance to ask him if Dexter ever came in during the day, and that'd I'd been locking the flap from 6am to 6pm as he'd been coming in my house a bit too much. Jack told me he did come in, but not that often and they'd pretty much guessed where he'd be.

The truth is, if I didn't have Fudge, Bola, Buddy (and now Max) I'd love to have Dexter as he's such a fantastic cat. Jet black (always a winner for me) with the most placid, easy going temperament I've ever seen. He doesn't scratch furniture or carpets, nor does he beg for food 24/7 and is happiest playing or curled up on someones lap, purring for England. He reminds me so much of Black Tom, it's like having him back in the house again.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri May 07, 2010 8:08 pm

aaawww Dexter, oh I can see you melting here Ian, now with all thise cats what's one more Laughing (runs and hides before I get belted I'm glad summer is nearly here.... 43453 )
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri May 07, 2010 8:20 pm

Teddy wrote:aaawww Dexter, oh I can see you melting here Ian, now with all thise cats what's one more Laughing (runs and hides before I get belted I'm glad summer is nearly here.... 43453 )

totally agree with you Kath *also runs and hides before I too get belted* Wink
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri May 07, 2010 8:27 pm

*Prince* wrote:
Teddy wrote:aaawww Dexter, oh I can see you melting here Ian, now with all thise cats what's one more Laughing (runs and hides before I get belted I'm glad summer is nearly here.... 43453 )

totally agree with you Kath *also runs and hides before I too get belted* Wink

yip I can see it coming. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri May 07, 2010 8:48 pm

Belted? Not by me, but maybe off my neighbour, Debbie Laughing

Dexters the sort of cat even a hater would warm to, he's got the perfect mix of every good cat habit there is, not forgetting the cutest big round face Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri May 07, 2010 9:02 pm

yip, I'm even more convinced Laughing Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri May 07, 2010 9:32 pm

I can't deny I wish Dexter had adopted me and not Max, but barely a couple on months after Debbie accepting Max would rather be here, losing Dexter would be too much Embarassed

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri May 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Ian B wrote:.......he's got the perfect mix of every good cat habit there is.......

Ian
And a few bad ones, I've got a guitar case open and it's leant against a wall..........I've just caught him about to spray on the inside Shocked Twisted Evil

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri May 07, 2010 10:24 pm

oh the little I'm glad summer is nearly here.... 265331 oh well perfection is impossible. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat May 08, 2010 10:41 am

I guess it's him who's been spraying against my guitar amps and other guitar cases, but at least it was on the outside so *easy* to clean. If he'd managed to spray inside the case it would have soaked in and the smell been there forever I'm glad summer is nearly here.... 975384

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon May 10, 2010 10:35 am

Dexter must have gone home last night as he's only just wandered in here, how can anyone not love a cat who only has to sit next to you to get them purring like a train? I hadn't even touched him and his purring would have woken the neighbours if they'd still been there Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon May 10, 2010 12:21 pm

I'm glad summer is nearly here.... 72767 I'm glad summer is nearly here.... 72767 he's a contented soul.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next