For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basket case Bonnie

+2
Teddy
Jojolabanane
6 posters

Go down

Basket case Bonnie Empty Basket case Bonnie

Post by Jojolabanane Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:43 pm

When Bonnie first came to our home she slept most of the time in a basket that we had (that Joseph had always ignored). I can't remember when she went off her basket - it must have been well over a year ago - but it then became a place to put her toys when she wasn't playing with them. On Monday night she was digging around in the basket - we thought to find a specific toy, as she sometimes does that and emerges with the toy of choice - but then decided it was somewhere she could curl up and sleep. She was half in and half out due to the many toys in there, but we have removed the hard ones and just left the softies which can be slept on top of. Two nights in a row now, Bonnie has shunned the bedroom and slept all on her ownsome in the basket in the living room - she can't get enough of it.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Basket case Bonnie Empty Re: Basket case Bonnie

Post by Teddy Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:05 pm

Seems like most cats like a change of sleeping place every now again, Sophie is back sleeping with Moto who she has ignored now for weeks, never understand them. Rolling Eyes Basket case Bonnie 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:28 pm

I wish Fudge would sleep in one spot for more than a few days, I swear she has a bit of Gypsy cat in her somewhere Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:54 pm

Hee hee, wish you could have got a pic of Bonnie half in/half out her newly- found-again basket. I love the imagery I have of her, rummaging around with her toys, then having a light bulb moment of "aaah, cosy basket, hmmm might just have to give this another go" Laughing
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:15 pm

That is exactly how it was. In fact we did take a piccie but not on digital camera so will have to wait until we finish the film and get it developed. Will post it then as it was such a funny sight.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:25 pm

You wouldn't have seen this one of Teddy, he's the deaf cat we had to rehome Joanne, a big bundle of fluff and madness, but it was your description of Bonnie that reminded me of this one.
Basket case Bonnie Dod__d11
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:53 pm

Ahhhh, eeeeek "sob"! God, he was bloody gorgeous Kath wasnt he! I quite often think of Teddy (as of course, do you). He was one in a million, like a bloody tornado ripping through your cottage! Laughing

I have to add Kath - I have just made that picture my desktop background, I just loved/love Teddy. *swoon*

*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Oh I miss him so much, don't miss the devastation that greeted us everytime we came home, but he was a character, he would have been alpha cat though without a doubt. I just wish CP would let us know how he's doing, but they don't.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:03 pm

Just seeing him again reminds me of all his antics and puts a huge Very Happy on my face Kath.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:09 pm

It's funny how looking at these old photos makes you forget all the distruction and fights he caused, he just looks so angelic.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:03 am

Sorry to have missed the Teddy years as he really sounds like he was so full of character. He looks like a real sweetheart, but I gather from some of the expressions above that looks can be decieving. Lovely pic, but somehow behind that angelic smille I can spot a devilish grin.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:22 am

Oh yes Joanne you've knocked the naill on the head where Ted was concerned. Laughing The main problem was him being on his own all day, being totally deaf he was an indoor cat but loved outdoors, he was found wandering the streets, and whenever I took him out on the harness he would have been off over the wall given half a chance. he loved company so we decided to rehome him with someone who could molly coddle him all day, just hope he's happy.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:18 pm

LOL typical cat you have there joanne one day it's the most fantastic plase to sleep and the next the worlds worst place lol.

I just love that pic of Teddy kath he's such a handsome boy, you did a fantastic job with him and he's now gone to a lovely home (not that your home is not a lovely home but you know what I mean) so don't beat yourself up x

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:50 pm

They are funny creatures, cats. I had to laugh at Isis this morning, she was asleep on the back of the sofa while I was sitting on the sofa reading the Sunday papers, and Isla came along and disturbed her slightly. Isis moved and ended up with her back end hanging off the top cushion on the sofa which was very funny. But she didn't stay there long enough for me to take a photo on my phone.
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content