For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonnie having her teeth out

4 posters

Go down

Bonnie having her teeth out Empty Bonnie having her teeth out

Post by Jojolabanane Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:58 pm

Hi folks - it has been a while and I apologise - just had a rough time of things this year and all sorts getting in the way of keeping in touch. Today I have the day off work however to take my Bonnie to the vets to have all her teeth removed. Was traumatic refusing her food this morning and I know she hates going to the vets, but it had to be done. My poor Bonnie has always had trouble with her mouth (too many teeth and gingivitis to boot) and when we took her last month to get her eyes seen to (her ever weepy eyes had become infected again) the vet said that she believed that as long as she has her tooth trouble she was not able to fight off infection elsewhere, such as her eyes. So needs must. Will get to find out how she got on at 4pm when I phone the vets and will get her back either this evening or tomorrow.

Have loads to read up on and won't be able to take it all in at once, but looking forward to catching up.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Bonnie having her teeth out Empty Re: Bonnie having her teeth out

Post by Teddy Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi Joanne, good to see you again. It can get daunting being on forums when things aren't going right, somethimes it just feels a right bind, so no need to apologise.

So sorry to hear about Bonnie, poor thing will have a gummy mouth for a while but she'll get used to it and if it helps her eye then you're doing the right thing.

Hope your situation improves/keeps improving, and don't worry about reading the threads, TBH we're all just the same. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Hi Joanne, welcome back Very Happy Bonnie having her teeth out 579159

Sorry to hear about Bonnies teeth, but as Kath says, if it helps then it's the right thing to do.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:09 am

I ams ure it is the right thing to do. If we left it, it would be a far bigger problem in the future so best to get it done now while she is in reasonably good health. Phoned the vets yesterday, as per instruction, and was told that all has gone well but they needed to keep her in overnight as her op was fairly late on. Will be phoning at 10 this morning to arrange to pick her up.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:10 am

Great to hear all went well Joanne Very Happy The only problem now might be food if she prefers dry, tho' I suppose any food will be a issue till everything has healed.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:19 am

Good to know it all went well. Very Happy be prepared for a sulky girl for a while, it will be all your fault, you know that don't you. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:39 pm

Now with every other cat I have ever had, it has been sulks and blame all the way, but Bonnie is always so grateful and happy to be home. Anyway, she is home now and she was initially a bit disorientated and had to have a good look around to make sure everything was in its place. She gave some huge purrs and then headed for her food bowl - so no change there. After a little bit of food she is settled and quite happy. I have painkillers and antibiotics to administer and we need to take her back on Monday for post op check, but I am so glad we got it done as moving forward she will have less difficulty and it should help her fight infections more readily.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:43 pm

Great to hear all went well Joanne, it must be nice to have a forgiving cat Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Sorry to hear about Bonnie, Joanne, but it seems that the op has fazed her. hope she's feeling better now.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content