For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Girl is home.

5 posters

Go down

New Girl is home. Empty New Girl is home.

Post by Gilly Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Here she is ~ Sexy Suzi Very Happy

New Girl is home. PussCat016

Not THE best photo but I didn't want to alarm her too much by following her or kneeling down to her height as she might have thought I, a scary unknown, was about to pounce on her. She's a proper Felix Cat with the softest, blackest fur, white toes in front and white wellies behind Very Happy
She came to PARRT when her mistress (don't like the word owner cos we never fully 'own' cats, do we?) went into a battered wife's refuge. Her scumbag hubby was beating up both her AND Suzi New Girl is home. 611746 Suzi is therefore very nervous of folk - understandably. PARRT had her officially signed over to them in April 2009 (just as well as the stupid woman went back to her husband!!!) and she was fostered out for a few months to volunteers and then moved to Linda's in February 2010. As Linda has five/six other long-term residents of her own Suzi was never really happy there as she's not too keen on other cats so when Neil and I offered to take her after we lost Molly she, Linda, was over the moon.
She's told us that it may be MONTHS before we have even the slightest bit of progress or friendship from Suzi but Neil and I are patient and just spoiling her rotten and giving her a loving, secure, safe Forever Home will be reward enough New Girl is home. 579159 Whatever it was that darling Rosie did to us both in those three brief weeks we knew her has COMPLETELY altered us and given us a new perspective on life and made us see what we want to do in life New Girl is home. 9650

And guess what! I'm going to go along to the shop on Tuesday when I'm off and Linda will show me what needs doing with the cats waiting for homes in the rooms above the shops - cleaning litter trays & food bowls etc, feeding, cuddling etc and she says if I really want to still do it then she'll give me keys so I can just let myself in any time and spend time with the cats. Very Happy A lot of them, she says, just want human companionship which she, as main home checker/dogsbody etc just hasn't got enough time to do properly .
The charity will also soon have their kennels finished so I might even be able to help with the dogs - walking, training etc. That would be lovely as I really miss having a dog but as I work fulltime and Suzi is not a big dog fan then I could probably get my doggy fix this way New Girl is home. 702898

Suzi has already approached us and sniffed us (we completely ignored her and let her do as she wanted) and she's already found a catnip mouse under the sofa which reduced her to kittenish playfulness New Girl is home. 43453 She LOVES that and I managed to get a photo of her as she rolled over it. Oh dear, barely home with us half an hour and she's already stoned!!! Embarassed Laughing
She's now exploring the rest of the flat and has had some food and seems pretty relaxed - I think she'll be fine New Girl is home. 579159
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

New Girl is home. Empty Re: New Girl is home.

Post by Ian B Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:05 pm

Hi Gilly,

She sounds just like Pablo, the first thing he did after Donna dropped him off here was a full tour of the house. There can't be many better things than finding a cat-nip mouse to reassure a nervous cat, you've made the right move there New Girl is home. 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:25 pm

Gorgeous she is Gilly. Absolutely love the pic of her lying "stoned" next to her cat nip mousey! Classic! Laughing
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:30 pm

Beautiful Suzi - and also now a lucky Suzi. She really has fallen on her paws and will definitely get all the love and attention she needs from now on. I look forward to hearing about her progress and about your adventures at the 'shop' and 'kennels'. The world needs more people like you and Linda - real stars.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:24 am

Awww thanks guys Very Happy Helping these oldies just feels right somehow and I feel happy and fulflled and as though I'm actually doing something worthwhile in my life Embarassed Very Happy

More piccies of Suzi Very Happy She started to relax a bit more last night and was lying on the other sofa which Neil had covered with a soft throw....kept a wary eye on us both though Laughing And then this morning I gave her a tiny piece of honey-roast ham and she went wild for that New Girl is home. 579159 She even sniffed my hand and rubbed her cheek against it New Girl is home. 702898 It was amazing just HOW wonderful that felt, that one tiny thing New Girl is home. 542627 I don't force myself onto her though - everything is going to be at her pace. Very Happy She's a beautiful wee girl who deserves love and that's what she'll certainly get from us even if she never becomes a 'friendly' cat that cuddles up next to us.
She was sitting on the window and GROWLING at a terrier barking in the garden behind us just a few minutes ago......I think I remember Linda saying she's not keen on dogs either Rolling Eyes Laughing

Last night - feeling a bit more relaxed enough to sleep
New Girl is home. PussCat017

But still keeping a beady eye on us! Laughing
New Girl is home. PussCat021

Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:22 am

Super pics. Seems Suzi is already making little steps which is excellent news. Reminds me a little of Malo - who we don't know the history of, only that he was feral, or at least semi-feral, and who is not keen on human contact. He does take little steps though and we have taught him to ask nicely to go out (ie smooth head butt gets him what he wants) and he occasionally suckles on the skin between my thumb and forefinger (but I have to be standing and the moment I try to sit to get comfortable he will pull away and distance himself). He will never be a lapcat and will not forgive us for taking him for his op but he has a forever home - which I think he likes. I am certain that you will have many very satisfying moments with Suzi which will be well deserved. She definitely looks like the cat that got the cream - but who doesn't want to let her contentment show just yet.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:40 am

She slept on the bed next to me last night!!!! Shocked New Girl is home. 702898

I was up until around 11pm and then went to bed ~ lovely and cosy with the electric blanket on ~ and read for a bit. I had all the doors open so Suzi could come and go as she pleased and she DID come in and had a sniff around whilst I was talking to Neil on the phone as I always do before I turn the lights out. Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather when Suzi jumped up onto the bed, padded up to me and started kneading the duvet! She then lay down and was purring, kneading and occasionally giving me a head butt Very Happy I was ecstatic but also thinking ''This cat sometimes has flashes of fear/insecurity - am I going to have my eyes scratched out?'' Laughing But no, she was SO happy and relaxed and even when I turned the light off and settled down she stayed where she was New Girl is home. 579159 She was still there at 5am when I woke up to go to the loo but when Neil came in at 7am (I was fast asleep again by then) she was on her sofa. She soon came back onto the bed when Neil got in and squeezed herself inbetween us. She was her happy self again and definitely seems more trusting of me than Neil......for now! Wink I'm letting Neil be the one who feeds her and gives her treats like pieces of ham - I'm sure she'll soon realise he's not that bad really Laughing
She's back on her sofa now and back to her wary self Rolling Eyes But I just gave her a tiny bit of milk from the bottom of my cereal bowl and she loved that so....little steps New Girl is home. 579159
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:59 am

OMG! this is wonderful Gilly. She sounds delightful. You must be grinning like a mad thing! Laughing
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:40 pm

Great news Gilly, she may come round quicker than you think, but she's obviously feeling secure enough to sleep beside you so that's really good.

She is so pretty, love the pic where she's lying down but looking at you so warily. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:59 pm

I'm just so in love with her already...feel very protective Laughing She was watching me as I pottered about earlier on and I said hello to her and she seemed in an ok mood so I put my hand down and she sniffed it and let me stroke her head with a finger New Girl is home. 579159

I'm going to see if I can find her a nice scratching post today. Cat stuff shopping - my favourite sort! New Girl is home. 43453
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down