For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clever Jimmy? (tho' another mystery solved)

4 posters

Go down

Clever Jimmy? (tho' another mystery solved) Empty Clever Jimmy? (tho' another mystery solved)

Post by Ian B Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:25 pm

I've never seen a cat do this before, and he's done it twice so far today that I've seen.

I went back to using two water bowls in the living room, one is a small black plastic oval shape and the other a margarine tub. The black bowl was all but empty and the marg tub was still full, along came Jimmy, saw his fav bowl was empty but couldn't make out if there was water in the marg tub, so promptly dipped a paw in to check.

I thought he'd done it by accident the first time but when he did it again soon after I could tell it was deliberate.

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Clever Jimmy? (tho' another mystery solved) Empty Re: Clever Jimmy? (tho' another mystery solved)

Post by Teddy Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:52 pm

oh clever !!! Laughing But why not just drink what was in the other tub??? Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Clever Jimmy? (tho' another mystery solved) Empty Re: Clever Jimmy? (tho' another mystery solved)

Post by Ian B Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:54 pm

Teddy wrote:oh clever !!! Laughing But why not just drink what was in the other tub??? Rolling Eyes
Why? Remember it's Jimmy we're talking about here Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:19 pm

aaahh true, poor soul. Clever Jimmy? (tho' another mystery solved) 43453 Him and Moto would get on so well. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:28 pm

and Prince! Thick as mince I tells ya! Clever Jimmy? (tho' another mystery solved) 43453 (boy cats can be so doh!) Laughing
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:59 pm

And they're supposed to be intelligent, well that's 3 we know of that missed the mark. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:18 pm

He's done another 3 times this afternoon, but with both bowls today and both had just been refilled so he must have been able to see that...........but then again, perhaps he's got a problem with his eyesight?

I'll mention this next door the first chance I get, it could be a habit he's always had, tho' the amount of time he's been calling here I would have surely seen him doi it before if it was just habit.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:09 pm

I mentioned Jimmy doing this on another non-cat forum (yes, there are such things Shocked Laughing) and got a couple of replies from people saying their cats do it as well, so it's not that unusual.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:23 am

I mentioned this new habit of his to Debbie yesterday and she told me she hadn't noticed it but will keep her eyes open, just in case...........tho' that might be difficult with the amount of time he's spending here lately Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:16 am

Laughing Laughing yip you said it Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:17 pm

Malo occasionally dips his paw into his water and licks it off his paw as an alternative way of drinking. He looks oh so prim and proper drinking that way. When we first took him in that is how he would eat too - sitting straight and dipping his paw in and bringing paw with food to his mouth. This made for a very messy floor around his feed station. After a while he started eating as 'normal' cats do. Rather than being posh, i wonder whether he was being wary at first.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:04 pm

I forgot to say Debbie had taken Jimmy to the vets over his skin condition and she was amazed to discover it a really bad reaction to flea bites, I guess it's a similar thing with Fudge. I don't know about Jimmy, but all my lot are Frontlined regularly so am I right in thinking this will not stop fleas biting? I've yet to see a flea, live or dead on any of mine, or Jimmy and Dexter come to that.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down