For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stripey Tail, best ever

5 posters

Go down

Stripey Tail, best ever Empty Stripey Tail, best ever

Post by Ian B Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:27 pm

Not only has Stripey been missing for the best part of 72 hours now, but I've not seen Buddy since around 10am. I'm used to him being out all night, but even during warm weather he *always* comes in to recharge his batteries with a good sleep during the day, but not today.

I last saw him heading for my loony neighbours garden, from mine, just before 10am. I'd picked him up and he seemed fine (besides some out of character yowling) and he'd been trying to start a fight in a neighbours garden 15 minutes earlier with one of their cats so he couldn't have been feeling that poorly, if at all.

It's his being so vocal about *something* that's bothering me most as I've no idea what confused Out of all my lot he's the one most likely to get into trouble/hurt as he does wander much further than the rest, but I'm desperately hoping that's not the case. Besides waking me at 1.30am crunching on biscuits, he's had nothing to eat, at least here, and he does like having a full belly.

I'll probably have a wander round later to see if I can spot him as he's either not heard me calling, or been busy elsewhere, but I can't shake off a feeling that something nasty has happened............and that'd mess my Xmas up good and proper.

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Stripey Tail, best ever Empty Re: Stripey Tail, best ever

Post by *Prince* Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Oh Ian, I hope its nothing bad. Nothing worse than not knowing. Crossing fingers that both Buddy and Stripey appear. Keep us posted.
Could he have done the Good Old Going into Someones Garage/Outhouse and got shut in Malarky?
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi Nicki,

Stripey is a street-wise cat so I'm less worried about him than Buddy, tho' he knows how to look after himself as well. He could have got trapped somewhere but I can't in all honesty see that, but I live on a massive housing estate so it's possible I suppose.

It's the out of character miaowing/yowling that's bothering me, he just never shut up before disappearing, but he seemed fine otherwise. I'm just hoping he wasnt telling me he felt ill and I did nothing.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:23 pm

Oh wow, what a worry, hope both are ok and come round very soon so you'll (we) know that they are ok.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:28 pm

I'll be off out shortly to have a look round, the last time I saw him it seemed like he was heading in the direction of the next road to mine. There's not a lot of trafiic, it's even quieter than my road, but it only takes one car doesn't it?

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:52 pm

I've found Buddy Very Happy Stripey Tail, best ever 579159

I'd no sooner got to the gate before I heard him, still miaowing at the top of his voice, then he appeared from behind a car parked across the road. He came straight to me when I called, then into the house where I expecting him to be starving but he refused his fav food, then cat milk and lastly some sliced cooked turkey that's good enough for a Sunday lunch Shocked

He's back outside again now, still miaowing and my best guess is he's lovestruck Laughing I remember Ginger Tom being like this at one time, but he was never as vocal as Buddy is atm. If it's the kitten that's been hanging round my garden, maybe if it's owners are keeping it in that'll explain why I've not seen it for a couple of days, and could also explain where Stripey is.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:19 am

I'm up at stupid o'clock because if he came in last night he didn't wake me and as the dry food in my bedroom looks pretty much untouched I'm guessing he didn't.

He was last seen, more heard than seen tbh, teamed up with Pablo Shocked at midnight in my neighbours garden, both yowling fit to wake the dead, but not at each other, they looked like best mates Shocked I tried to persuade both of them to come in but no joy so just left them to it.

I had hoped to find Buddy either on the sofa or spare bed today, but no, so I nipped outside to call him and he soon answered, then trotted into the kitchen where I left him having the first food off me for 24 hours or so. No doubt he's eaten up and gone back out, but where he's sleeping in this weather I don't know confused I was going to lock the flap once he was in, but he seems well and to be enjoying whatever it is he's found to do outside, so I left it open.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:35 am

Yep, he didn't stay long before vanishing again and this time I can't hear him so he must have got his head down somewhere confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:39 am

Glad all is well Ian!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:39 pm

Caught this thread a bit too late, but glad it appears to be nothing untoward. Does very much sound like he is lovestruck - and apparently it is the time of year when all that starts up again - for spring time kittens. Glad all is well.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:13 pm

The little tinker! Glad he's safe and well Ian, they are a worry at times aren't they?
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:17 am

I don't know what time he came in as I fell asleep on the sofa after Xmas eve afternoon drinkies and when I finally woke at midnight Embarassed I found him asleep on his chair in the living room. I tried not to disturb him as I pottered about but failed and he trotted into the kitchen to tell me he was hungry, so he had a midnight feast and I assume went back out when I went to bed as he's no here now.

He'd been in, but left the house with me as I went for the bus yesterday so I was able to see which direction he went (still miaowing at the top of his voice) I soon lost sight of him but could still hear him..............and I daresay so could everybody else within 1/2 a mile Laughing

I didn't have time to post this pic yesterday. I'd been out shouting for him when Bola appeared so I *asked* him to go and look for Buddy. He didn't, but *offered* to jump onto the highest place he could find and keep a look out, this is the result Laughing

Stripey Tail, best ever Helpfu10

Sadly, still no sign of Stripey tho' Crying or Very sad

'EDIT 6am'

Buddy is back on his chair now Stripey Tail, best ever 579159

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:28 am

Love the photo. Am well pleased that Buddy is making an appearance now and then so you know he is safe, and is otherwise calling out to let you know he is all right (maybe not the reason why he is calling out). Hope Stripey turns up at some point - could be he is on his mating rounds somewhere.

Joanne Stripey Tail, best ever 542627
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:54 am

Thanks Joanne, the pic was too good a opportunity to miss Laughing

Buddy is tucking into brekkie atm and so far hasn't made a sound beyond saying hello, hopefully he'll have quietened down a bit now.

If nothing else, all this noise has convinced me to have him neutered early in the new year, but that'll likely be problematic as he does enjoy having total freedom so there's no guarantee I'll see him, let alone be able to keep him in, for a vet visit.

I've seen Stripey a good mile away from my house in the past so he's got some patch to patrol, all being well he'll be back when he's ready.

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:54 am

The young cat has turned up and Buddy is now doing cartwheels Laughing

Ok, it's not funny really and I'm as much to blame for not having him neutered before now.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:12 pm

Buddy went out about 15 minutes ago (yowling as soon as he got outside) after being asleep in the living room for 90% of the time till then..........................and Stripey turned up at 10am Shocked Very Happy Stripey Tail, best ever 579159

I spotted him peeping thro' the flap, it was almost as tho' he wasn't sure he'd come to the right house, but he bounded in when I opened the door, ate 3 bowls of food one after the other, then had a sleep on his chair in the dining room for a few hours before wandering out again.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:44 pm

It's taken a while, but he's started strolling into the living room at night now and even jumped onto the sofa with me last night Shocked He even let me give him a full on belly rub this afternoon as well Shocked Stripey Tail, best ever 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:59 pm

He excelled himself today with his thrashing about, this time on the dining table.

It's a pine table and I'd put a tablecloth on to *try* and keep it free of paw prints then because it'd proven so popular I put a leftover piece from the living room carpet on top to *try* and protect it from claw marks.

Anyhow, he was having a good roll about when, even tho' I'd told him he'd fall off if he wasn't careful (but did he listen?) Off the edge he rolled but managed to dig the claws of one paw into said piece of carpet just as I managed to grab that and the tablecloth to stop them both being dragged to the floor. It seemed like forever tho' was only a few seconds, but he managed to pull himself back up onto the table with that one paw

A impressive feat of strength imo, but what made it all the better was the look of determination on his face, it was as tho' if he'd have let go he'd have fallen into a bottomless pit rather than a few inches to the floor Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:08 pm

I've just been a food station for him today. He was missing when I got up but spotted me as I was nearing home from doing a bit of shopping this morning and followed me, always about 10 yards behind, if I stopped he stopped, etc.

He came in thro' the flap, asked for brekkie then went straight back out and has called three times since but only to ask for food before heading outside. No doubt he'll show his face again later when he's hungry, tho' he must be wanting somewhere to take at least a quick nap by now.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:30 am

He surprised me last night by yowling the house down Shocked but there was nothing wrong, he was just letting me know how hungry he was Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content