For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fudge, it's *official*

3 posters

Go down

Fudge, it's *official* Empty Fudge, it's *official*

Post by Ian B Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:59 pm

I've been putting off posting about this thinking it was a flash in the pan, but there's now no doubt in my mind she's changed, and mostly for the better.

That she's not coming in, unless I bring her, isn't that unusual, not least while the weather is mild and dry, but her suddenly starting to play at 15+yo came right out of the blue. She doesn't chase round the garden after the fishing rod toy like the others, but will happily dive about after a long piece of grass when I drag it past her, and I get tired long before she gets fed up.

The biggest change tho' is her attitude towards Jimmy, I don't think she's gone for him for the best part of two weeks now, not that I've seen anyway. He'll happily come and sit in my garden knowing she's there whereas she used to be at him before he'd put all four paws on the lawn.

He'll even come within a couple of feet of her when I'm playing with some grass, just waiting his turn, and even that close she doesn't so much as look at him. He's still wary of her but I can see how his confidence has grown that she won't attack.

With her starting to have a go at the two toms from next door, I'm wondering if, after all this time, she's got fed up of bullying Jimmy as he was such an easy target? Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Fudge, it's *official* Empty Re: Fudge, it's *official*

Post by Teddy Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:07 am

Laughing Jimmy is boring her, as you say an easy target, sounds like she's wanting a bit more excitement, so is trying her hand with the two toms. So funny, fiesty little madam sure enough. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:56 am

Whatever the reasons for this change in behaviour, I'm glad to see it and long may it continue Very Happy Fudge, it's *official* 579159

At least she's not like Bola in going after the two toms next door, she waits till they *trespass* on her patch before starting on them.

It all kicked off at 11.45pm last night with Bola, he chased one out of my garden (at full volume from both of them) into my loony neighbours before the tom escaped into his own house thro' a open kitchen window. I'm not sure if Bola didn't follow him in tho' Embarassed and if he starts doing that things could get a bit awkward.

I've said they're taking a big risk in leaving that window open, but it's perhaps just as well they do or there'd be mayhem.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:29 pm

If Bola follows then through the window there will be mayhem inside the house. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:43 pm

Haha! Never a dull moment!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:40 am

Teddy wrote:If Bola follows then through the window there will be mayhem inside the house. Laughing
That's what I meant. Bad enough him terrorising their cats outside, but if he starts going thro' the window after them Embarassed

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content