For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, today was the day

+5
Teddy
littlekitty
*Prince*
pokbg
hayley xx
9 posters

Go down

Well, today was the day Empty Well, today was the day

Post by hayley xx Sat May 31, 2008 6:07 pm

Hi all, Well, today was the day 167479
well this morning we went and picked Dodger, the Devon Rex up. It has seemed an age until this day Laughing

I had set up the big pen in the living room with all his toys,bed,litter tray, cat post etc for the initial introductions but he only lasted in there for about an hour.

Chester and eddie was just to eager to meet him--trying to get into see him and vice versa----so I was brave and let him out. Shocked

It has been so great, no problems with Nelson, as I expected to be honest. He had one quick sniff and then layed back down to go to sleep. He then just raised one eyebrow as dodger kept flying by---nothing else.

Chester and Eddie have just been following him, sniffing his bum---again no concerns there. They have jsut accepted him..

Tilly, well she will not attempt to join in with the others and so I know that there will be nothing different there. She really does like her own company and hates chester and eddie, although she is perfectly fine with Nelson (mmmhh weird--maybe because they are both blak and white???) She hisses and spits at everyone--even Ian and I if we look at her the wrong way lol

But he is just so brave and bold and has already made himself at home. He is at the moment laying in "Nelsons" box, sleeping. He already comes when you call him as the breeders have been calling him Dodger from early as they knew that was what we were going to call him. So that is just ace.

He is already my lap cat, and have had loads of snuggles and kisses.

I am so so happy

Here are a couple of photos, not brilliant but just wanted to share.
Will post more later xx
Well, today was the day PICT0008-10

Well, today was the day PICT0009-6

Well, today was the day PICT0010-14

Well, today was the day Dodger13weeks3

Well, today was the day Dodger13weeks4

I have broken up from work for 10 days now and so will be able to join in more and catch up with you all.

Love to all of you xxxxx
hayley xx
hayley xx
Cat Lover
Cat Lover

Number of posts : 52
Cat(s): : Nelson, Tilly, Chester, Eddie and Dodger
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Well, today was the day Empty Re: Well, today was the day

Post by pokbg Sat May 31, 2008 6:14 pm

Eeeeeeeeeeek! I want - I want! Oh, Hayley... he's totally adorable!!! I easpecially love the first and second piccie of him... the first with his huge big stunning eyes, and the second one is just = ROFL! lol! Look at that cute little face sniffing the air! lol!

Happy to hear everything went to well getting him home and meeting the family... wonderful stuff!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by hayley xx Sat May 31, 2008 6:49 pm

Hi pokbg

Thanks for that.
I have to admit he is totally adorable and I am smitten.

He has slept most of the day though,which did surprise me, what with their temperament. But
may be I ought to relish the peace whilist I can ha haah.

I want him to come out and play but he is fast asleep in Nelsons "hideaway (peace from the others) Box" lol

Oh well, I will sit and wait lol..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

p.s yes his eyes and ears are huge xx
hayley xx
hayley xx
Cat Lover
Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sat May 31, 2008 7:54 pm

Awww Hayley. That wee boy is adorable! So glad to hear he has made himself at home already, and all the others are just going about their normal things! Cant wait to see more pics and hear LOADS more about him! Smile
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sat May 31, 2008 9:06 pm

Aww he is so cute, lovely big eyes.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hayley xx Sat May 31, 2008 9:21 pm

arrrrrrrrrrrrr thanks folkes!!!!!

MMMhhhh well he seems fine in himself, although since I put the post up he has now gone into a box and stayed in there----albeit I think that he is sleeping most of the time.

Do i need to worry though or is it just something that takes time.... But I brought him home at 12.30 and he has not drank, ate or been in the litter tray since???

I dont want to mention it to his breeder who we are going to keep in contact with as she was so emotional about him going today (as she is with all her kittens as she just wants the best for them) and do not want to unneccesssary worry her...

What you reckon???

thanks guys xxxx
hayley xx
hayley xx
Cat Lover
Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat May 31, 2008 9:40 pm

What a little cutie, he's gorgeous Hayley, so lovly.

I wouldn't be too concerned about him ATM, he's had a lot of new experiences to deal with, meeting his new family the journey and being taken away from his *home* so he's probably feeling very tired, he is very young. I bet tomorrow, he'll be munching away, totally happy.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by hayley xx Sat May 31, 2008 9:44 pm

thank you for that...

I must admit I have not experienced this before as both chester and eddie were full on from the moment thay arrived ha haha

So thank you, as I was starting to worry about him. He did jsut pop out of the box, had a sniff around and then went back to the box and is sleeping again...

Bless you

thanks
hayley xx
hayley xx
Cat Lover
Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sat May 31, 2008 11:45 pm

Hayley i would not worry mate, kittens sleep a LOT and as for the staying in his box all the kittens i have had has been like that for the first few days, when i first had phoebe she did not eat, drink or use the litter tray for 2 days.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:23 am

Bless his little heart... As the others have said, try not to worry... so much in one day for a little one, he must be knackered.

I'm sure that by tomorrow you'll see a different side to him... and he'll be causing havoc with the others... lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:39 am

He is gorgeous! Sooooo cute! Little Dodger *great name*!

As Nic and PokBg have said, I wouldn't worry about him sleeping alot today, it must have been mentally exhausting for him, the whole brave new world he is in, he's finding his feet. Bless him. He'll be running round like a loon and taking over the house in no time! LOL!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by hayley xx Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:55 pm

Arrr thanks for your comments yesterday folkes. As usual you were all right ( I have missed all your words of wisdom and knowledge)

He was an angel last night and just slept all night in the house on the cat tree.

This morning though, he has had a good roam around (with chester and eddie clsoe on his heels)
He has used the litter tray and had some "cat" tuna. So like you said he is improving.

He is now underneath the quilt on our bed---he seems to love to be covered. Sleeping again-----So at the moment it is still calm here in the household. Must admit he is much quiter and calmer than any of the laperms when they first arrived???? Maybe I should touch wood, when saying that though Wink Wink

Couple of photos of Dopdger with his mum madie and one with his brother and sister. Dodger is the one talking (which I hasten to add--he does an awful lot of )

Well, today was the day Dodgerandmummaddy

Well, today was the day Dodgertalking

love hayley
hayley xx
hayley xx
Cat Lover
Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:22 pm

ROFL! Oh I love the talking piccie of him... looks like he's saying something cheesy... lol! Adorable little smile he has.

Glad to hear he's been out and about. Got yourself little "seek cover" kitty... lol! Poks the same... anything he can crawl under/into he will.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:35 pm

LOL love the pic, glad to hear he's getting more brave and i'm sure by this time next week he will be running around like a mad kitten, lol.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:18 pm

Awwwwww I was just thinking yesterday that it wouldn't be too long before you got your kitten Well, today was the day 579159 Isn't he big now!!! Shocked It only seems like yesterday that he was that teeny tiny munchkin of a kitten Well, today was the day 702898

He's absolutely adorable Well, today was the day 9650 and I love that last pic (in the first set) of him curled up with his paw covering his nose - Tina sleeps like that too Well, today was the day 43453
Not too sure on his name tho......I once had a scumbag boyfriend called Dodger and he cheated on me and messed with my head Well, today was the day 265331 If I ever run into him again I WILL, quite literally, run into him again.....with my Corsa!!!! Well, today was the day 72767
Sure YOUR lil' Dodger won't be anything like him though Very Happy I'll have to show Neil these pics tomorrow....he's always wanted a Rex Well, today was the day 579159

Enjoy the peace hun.....tomorrow he'll probably be swinging on the curtains and leading all the others astray Well, today was the day 43453
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by siam*mum Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:21 pm

hayley he look so beautiful so much diffrent from the first pics you posted all them weeks ago !!!!
i cant wait to see if he is as checky as he looks
good luck with him
emmax
siam*mum
siam*mum
Kitty-Chatter
Kitty-Chatter

Number of posts : 171
Cat(s): : Twiggy,Petal,Madge & Jack

http://www.siamaiden.bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:38 am

Lovely pics Hayley, Dodger looks so cheeky. My very first foster kitten ( Alistair) would always hide underneath a blanket, towel or even inside a box, but once he was used to us, that all stopped, it's so cute though, when you can't find them and then a little head pops up from a blanket.LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:37 pm

He's just gorgeous! They are beautiful looking kitties.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:51 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO I really love mum! She's gorgeous!

Your little man is a sexy wee fella! Bless him! Give him kisses from me. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by hayley xx Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Hi all.

Well, (wether I should touch wood at this point) but blinking heck, He is not what I imagined. Everything is just so so calm.

He is eating well now and using the cat litter trays ok and being very brave with the other cats---but to be honest he sleeps an awful lot lol.

I expected from a devon rex (from what I had read and hear,) complete mayhem--but no.

Completely different situation from when I introduced chester to eddie--it was maddness from day one.

But to be honest Chester and Eddie havent really bothered with him---a few sniffs here and there.But when dodger goes to play, they jsut sit looking at him.
The only thing that eddie does is try and grab his tail. Tell you what his blinking tail is as solid as a rock--like a blinking whip. He caught me across the face today and it stung like hell. (looks justs like a rats tail but longer and thicker.)
This is obviously the reason why they can balance on anything and jump like a monkey (he already jumps alot higher than eddie can)

So yes---it still quite quiet here in the Peck household.

he very much a snuggle cat though and is always on your knee.Sat on my shoulder today and fell asleep.

Im sure that this is not going to last Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
hayley xx
hayley xx
Cat Lover
Cat Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:07 pm

Bless! He sounds a right little darling!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:44 am

He sounds a right wee darlin' Hayls. Am sure its just cos he's still a wee baby, that he is sleeping so much - god help the Peck household when "the devon rex turns" Well, today was the day 43453
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:53 pm

He's biding his time hun Well, today was the day 43453 You'll get up one morning and the curtains will be down, the back of the sofa shredded and cat litter thrown everywhere Laughing

Showed Neil...........he wants one (or three!) of his own! Well, today was the day 579159
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down