For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thomas is just a boy...

3 posters

Go down

Thomas is just a boy... Empty Thomas is just a boy...

Post by Gilly Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:16 pm

....who can't say no

....to food Rolling Eyes

I've never had a cat that eats as much as Thomas hence the nickname Thomas Ten-Bellies Wink Linda DID warn us that he likes his grub and she certainly wasn't kidding.....it's like having a labrador in the house as he checks out everyone's bowls for leftovers Laughing Even Lily in her crate is not safe - we've caught him a few times putting his paw through the bars and trying to hook food from her bowl! Shocked

But last night he surpassed even himself Thomas is just a boy... 9650

I cooked a large chicken yesterday afternoon (with a carnivorous husband and four cats it NEEDS to be big as well!) and once it was done left it on the kitchen worktop to cool whilst I prepared the rest of the veg. We had a lovely tea, watched a dvd *Bridesmaids - utter rubbish!* and then at 9pm I headed off to bed. I left Neil in the kitchen washing up before he settled down to watch a blokey movie (fast cars, all-action, LOUD - you know the sort). Well he must have fell asleep after his movie because I got up at 4.30am this morning to find him snoring away on the settee Thomas is just a boy... 993158 Didn't think anything of it so I woke him up and told him to go to bed and went to have my shower. After I'd dried my hair etc I called the cats to come and get their breakfast. Oddly enough they were all still fast asleep confused Very weird as nomally Thomas and his harem are yelling for breakfast the minute I get up! Rolling Eyes
Walked into the kitchen and saw the reason WHY the little horrors weren't yelling for food - they'd eaten the chicken!!!!!!!! Thomas is just a boy... 975384 Only the carcass and a few bits of skin remained!!!!!! A load of army ants couldn't have made a better job of stripping every tiny bit of meat off it!!!!!! Laughing So it was only Lily who wanted food as she had been in her crate overnight and not able to get her share of the chicken Laughing
I can only assume it was Thomas who originally jumped up onto the counter and pulled the chicken down (plate was still on the worktop) and between him, Misty and Nina they had stripped it during the night!!! Rolling Eyes
All three looked suitably guilty (or was it smug?) when I told them off and said not to come crying to me when they got a tummy-ache from eating so much!!! Neil got a punch in the ribs too for not putting the chicken away when, or before, he'd done the dishes!!!!! Thomas is just a boy... 561823 Apparently, so he said, he'd made himself a chicken sandwich and just forgot to put the chicken away safe in the fridge Rolling Eyes

Thankfully all three have had no serious side-effects from pigging out - I had visions of bones piercing their gut or something!!!!! pale They all just slept for most of the day and only showed an interest in food at tea-time!
Thomas was stretched out on the floor *see pic below* and when I lay down next to him this morning to tell him off he just blinked at me and purred VERY loudly!!!!! Laughing Obviously Ol' Greedy Guts thought his birthday and Christmas had all come at once Thomas is just a boy... 542627

Urghhhhhhh stuffed....I couldn't eat another thing.....
Thomas is just a boy... 004-8

twenty minutes ago...
Well.....perhaps I DO have a bit of space for some felix...
Thomas is just a boy... 005-9
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Thomas is just a boy... Empty Re: Thomas is just a boy...

Post by Ian B Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:02 am

At least they left you some bones to make a bit of soup with Gilly. Not funny for you, but for the rest of us Thomas is just a boy... 72767

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:38 am

Oh don't worry Ian it DID make me laugh...and still does Thomas is just a boy... 43453 Once I'd gotten over the worry about bones it just tickled me to think about how Thomas must have felt....all that food for him!!!! Laughing And the way he was sleeping it off for the rest of the day Thomas is just a boy... 72767

The carcass was actually VERY clean....they must have rasped it off with their rough tongues Laughing Especially Thomas who only has two teeth on his bottom jaw Laughing
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:29 pm

Thomas is just a boy... 43453 3 little piggies. poor Lily though never got any, hope you give her something nice like a pork chop or beef to make up for it. Thomas is just a boy... 72767 They could of had the decency to drag it to the crate and let her have some. Laughing

I remember one time I left some chops out to defrost and forgot about them, Smokie ate through two of them and Mark left his dinner on the couch to go get the salt, when he got back the dog had eaten his chicken. Laughing
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down