For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thomas has gone home

+2
Ian B
Gilly
6 posters

Go down

Thomas has gone home Empty Thomas has gone home

Post by Gilly Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:35 pm

After being our lodger for 10 days Thomas (aka Timmy) has gone home Thomas has gone home 579159 Turns out he is only 8 months old and actually lives in the square of flats behind our shop. His owners went on holiday two weeks ago and left their 18-year-old son in charge of the house and Thomas/Timmy went out one afternoon and just never came back!!! confused The son never thought of popping into the police station or the RSPCA shop/pet shop or vets which is where I had left photos and my address Rolling Eyes And his owners were really upset when they got home late last night from their holiday to hear that he'd gone missing.
Just by chance today they were chatting to the woman who works in the pet shop and she mentioned that Gill from the post office had found a cat....so they popped along to our shop. I'd finished at 1pm though and they didn't come to the shop until 4.45pm and nobody at work had my mobile number. Luckily the pet shop woman knows me and she knew the place where I lived but not the number.....so the couple came around just after 6pm tonight and knocked on three of my neighbour's doors before they got mine Laughing
They had photos of Timmy as a kitten and even described the little lump on the tip of his tail so there was no mistaking he WAS their's Very Happy And when they walked into our living room he jumped up and was all over them Thomas has gone home 579159

I've just rung Neil to let him know that Thomas/Timmy has gone home. We'll both miss him as he was a sweet little boy but at least he's found his real Mum & Dad now Thomas has gone home 579159

I was sweeping up the kitchen earlier on (he DID like to dig down to Australia in his litter tray! Thomas has gone home 172268 ) and as I took the black bag out of the bin and went to tie the top to take it outside it burst!!! Litter everywhere!!!!! Thomas has gone home 975384 Laughing Thomas has gone home 43453 TYPICAL!!!!! Thomas has gone home 72767
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Thomas has gone home Empty Re: Thomas has gone home

Post by Ian B Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:15 am

Hi Gilly,

Fantastic news to start my day with Very Happy Thomas has gone home 579159

Thomas was lucky to find people willing to look after him while he was *lost*, tho' not as lucky as the son in that he was returned home unharmed. I'll bet his stomach was in knots wondering how to explain what had happened when his parents returned. If nothing else, this episode should convince them to at least get Thomas a collar with ID, if not have him chipped.

I'd still put money on him calling to see you in the shop Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:41 am

So happy for Timmy. Thomas has gone home 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:52 pm

Very Happy Yeay! Thats brilliant! He's been a very lucky cat! Thomas has gone home 579159
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:10 pm

Glad to hear that he has gone home and he was lucky that you took him in for the few days that you had him.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:19 pm

Ian B wrote:

I'd still put money on him calling to see you in the shop Laughing

That's exactly what Neil said yesterday Thomas has gone home 43453 Since we DID rather spoil him rotten Neil said if he doesn't get the same standards in his real home he'll pack his bags and come back to the shop to find me Laughing

I don't 'alf miss him though No It was nice having a cat around the place again...even if he DID demand food every two hours and woke me up each morning at 4am (ten minutes before my alarm went off!) to tell me he was starving!!! Laughing
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:24 pm

Forgot to add: when I was chatting to his owners I mentioned that we would have been more than happy to keep him if they hadn't turned up and that we were going to get him neutered etc. They had planned to do that anyway once they got back from their holiday so that's good news Thomas has gone home 579159 He DID have a collar & disc on apparently when he went missing but when he wandered into our shop he'd managed to lose it so hopefully they WILL get him chipped too....it's not as if it costs a lot of money to get done Very Happy
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by x...Kirsty...x Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:28 pm

Yey Glad Timmy found his owners Thomas has gone home 579159 Thomas has gone home 579159 x
x...Kirsty...x
x...Kirsty...x
Cat Lover
Cat Lover

Number of posts : 62
Cat(s): : Bounty, Daim, BlackJack, Crunchie, Malibu, Ragnaros and Nando.
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down