For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well I've had to make the decision..............

+3
*Prince*
Ian B
Teddy
7 posters

Go down

Well I've had to make the decision.............. Empty Well I've had to make the decision..............

Post by Teddy Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:18 am

..................amd I hate myself for it and I've thought long and hard and feel so bad, but I've got to re-home Teddy. I've debated and argued with myself but at the end of the day, I have to think whats best for him and being in a couple of rooms from 6.45 every morning until teatime, isn't what he needs. He craves company human or cat, doesn't matter as long as he is getting some. I've tried putting him outside in the playpen but all he does is cry, so that's not good. He needs someone who can give him time. Hopefully when he gets the attention he wants/needs he will settle down a bit and not be such a loon. Crying or Very sad
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Well I've had to make the decision.............. Empty Re: Well I've had to make the decision..............

Post by Ian B Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi Kath,

If your mind is made up, particularly if you feel he isn't happy, do it. It's a shame all round, but nobody can say you haven't tried/given him every chance.

He sounds like just my sort of cat, especially as I'm home most of the day, and when I'm not, my cats usually are. If you weren't so far away I'd take him *now*

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Well I've had to make the decision.............. Empty Re: Well I've had to make the decision..............

Post by *Prince* Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:33 pm

Oh Kath, I am so, so sorry to read this. Crying or Very sad But you have to think of Teddy's happiness. I am welling-up (stupid sod!). Thinking of you and behind you all the way, as I know this is not a decision you have come to easily. xx
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:39 pm

Thank you both, it's not being an easy decision, but the longer I kept putting it off, the worse it was getting. I keep thinking how wrong it is to keep him locked up all day with no company, especially during the summer, so warm ( at times) and he's stuck inside wearing that big fluffy coat. It may be a while yet before he is re-homed but whoever gets him, has to be extra special. It's definately the lack of company that worries me.

Ian, you would be ideal and he would certainly keep you on your toes. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:19 pm

I want him! BG would love to get some company that would interact with her! (Pok hates BG, and chances are he'd hate Teddy too... but alteast he'd be fighting with someone his own size! lol!).

Thing is though... Teddy would still have no access to the outside for a while... and there's the question on how my partner would react... lol!

We would on the other hand have both human and feline company all day, and have the run of a large three bedroom flat at all times (except our kitchen when we're out).

You know where he'd be in the future, and he would have access to the outside, just like BG and Pok will have again.

Have a think about it... and I'll have a talk with my partner (who might say a firm "no").

I know you must feel so gutted, Kath... as I know how hard both you and Steve have tried with Teddy... and how much he means to you. (((((hugs)))))
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:17 pm

Thanks Pokbg, unfortunately I've had to tell CP, it's a condition of re-homing, if for any reason it doesn't work out , we have to hand them back to CP, but if your partner doesn't say no, and CP don't mind, he's yours. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:23 pm

Oh Kath, I'm sorry you've had to make this horrible and hard decision, and it's such thoughtful thing to do. It would be so easy to hang on to Ted for the sake of it. I'm sure he'll find another loving home, and wouldn't be terrific if Pokbg could take him. But if not there will be people around who are at home a lot and willing to give him the daytime attention he needs. x
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:30 pm

Thank you Laura, I feel so bad but deep down I know we're not giving him the best home. There's Ian and Pokbg, willing to take him, so am sure if he has to be re-homed in this area there is someone for him just like them.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:01 pm

He'll probably have more offers than a 'normal' cat because of his disability. People love to help those less fortunate if they can, don't they.

Do you know when you'll do the deed?
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:06 pm

Well, I've just sent an email to CP to see if he can be re-homed without going through them, but I sent a photo and description of him this morning, so he'll be on the website soon. It's a weird situation, as now that I've made the decision, I don't want to wait too long, it's horrible really. The longer it goes on the tougher it will be. I would love for him to be settled in his new home before we go on holiday. he's booked into the cattery in 4 weeks time, and to think that he would be in there with my two, then maybe come back to our house, for him to be homed somewhere else a bit later, too much upset.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:48 pm

Oh Kath. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said.

This is a completely selfless (is that the right word? I mean opposite to selfish) decision. We all know you have Teddys best interest at heart and you know your and his situation better than anyone and you have fought this for so long and tried so hard for him, but in the end you know what is best. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Please don't feel like you've failed him, because you haven't, believe me, you haven't. You have given him every chance and even better have had time to work out the best sort of home for him, which will give him the best future. You have made this decision and as everyone says, we are all 100% behind you. Love you and are thinking of you, this must be sooo hard. xxx
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:20 pm

Oh Helen, I feel like bubbling now, soppy or what?? WEll I can re-home him wiithout CP, so I suppose that's something, but he will go into their website within the next couple of days and we'll just have to take it from there.

But lets get back to the *thug*, I've just found him bullying Kim, she's tiny and if she was bigger would be a match for him, but atm, he just needs to nudge her with one of his massive paws and she's flying into next week. LOL Oh he was never taught how to behave with his peers. LOL ASBO coming up. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:27 pm

LOL! Have a good bubble, followed closely by a good glass of wine... hmmm, wine....

Aye, the thug, you'll end up with withdrawl symptoms and will have to get Steve to randomly destroy things for a while! *sorry* He is such a gorgeous stunning cloud cat and you know he will end up in the perfect home (well, perfect people/cat wise, not pristine as that wouldn't last! LOL) Ahhh, being flippant on serious matters... thats on the hell path for sure...
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:45 pm

Aye but you're right, I will have to attach a tag (like Paddington) that says * prone to destruction, batten down anything breakable,cos he will break it. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:49 pm

I wouldn't worry too much tho, as he's sooo lovable. Just warn his new family to lock away anything too precious! Give him a little hug from me.... well, ok, a huuuuge hug will do! x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:55 pm

I'm sure people will be dying to get to give him a forever home... I am... but "computer says no"... that is: partner says no...

Aaaaaaaargh! He so gorgeous, and such good fun (albeit completely crazy)... but I'd love to have him around me during the day... and BG would finally have gotten someone to give some loving to.

Don't worry Kath... you'll find the right home for him... hmmmm... I'd be there with 30 A4 pages of question to vet potential homes... lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:55 am

Awwww kath i feel for you mate i really do, we all know just how much time and effort you have put into Teddy.

What you are doing is the most unselfish and loving thing for Teddy that you can do, you are putting his well-being before your feelings and that in my book just shows the kind of fantastic person that we all know you are.

When he dose go it will be horrendous but we will all be here for you mate x

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm

Thank you Nicola, I was trying to imagine him going and someone coming to my house to see him, I tell you, if they're not up to scratch he's going nowhere. I just hope they're prepared for 100 and 1 questions. I think I'll be a bag of tears when they take him away. Crying or Very sad BUt at the end of the day, keeping him shut in the house on his own is cruel really.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down