For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is weird

3 posters

Go down

This is weird Empty This is weird

Post by littlekitty Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:23 am

Last night OH put up a shelf in the kitchen, soon after that Mary started staring at the kitchen wall, which was no where near the shelf, and she continued to stare without moving. I went to see what she was looking at, thinking there was a spider (shudders) on the wall, but there was nothing there that I could see. She then started sniffing around the floor, in the same place that she was staring at. She was going mad trying to "find" something, that physically wasn't there. Then this morning Buddy came in and did the exact same thing but he even stared at the ceiling as well, His nose was really twitching and he even started miowing (sp) again I went to investigate but there is nothing there. This has really freaked me out as I don't know why they are doing this. I don't think it is to do with the shelf being put up, as we've had a cupboard put in recently and that hasn't bothered them at all.
Do you think they sense a presence or could it be something else. Both cats have now settled down and seem fine.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

This is weird Empty Re: This is weird

Post by pokbg Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:30 am

I defiantely belive that cats can sense things, that we might not. We got a ghostie in our bedroom, and both Pok nad BG will often sit and watch "it". Same place both of them, just staring at something in the corner, head tilted upwards, comepletely still. The same also goes for the doorway into the kitchen.

The person who lived here before us had a dog, and her dog used to react as being petted, becoming all happy... in the same places as we discribed (my partner mentioned to her how odd the cats would be in those two places).

Also... I think there's something burried under our livingroom floor! Yikes! lol! In the middle of the floor BG can stand for well over 10 minutes at the time just digging... and occasionally Pok too.

Don't worry, I'm sure if it was something that didn't have good intentions you would have felt it...

I hope this doesn't upset you, not meant to cause upset... but do you think that Henry might have paid a little visit? I'd like to think so.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:59 am

pokbg wrote:I defiantely belive that cats can sense things, that we might not. We got a ghostie in our bedroom, and both Pok nad BG will often sit and watch "it". Same place both of them, just staring at something in the corner, head tilted upwards, comepletely still. The same also goes for the doorway into the kitchen.

The person who lived here before us had a dog, and her dog used to react as being petted, becoming all happy... in the same places as we discribed (my partner mentioned to her how odd the cats would be in those two places).

Also... I think there's something burried under our livingroom floor! Yikes! lol! In the middle of the floor BG can stand for well over 10 minutes at the time just digging... and occasionally Pok too.

Don't worry, I'm sure if it was something that didn't have good intentions you would have felt it...

I hope this doesn't upset you, not meant to cause upset... but do you think that Henry might have paid a little visit? I'd like to think so.

I was just thinking that it could be Henry, still waiting for the vet to call so we can collect his ashes, or even my other cat Smokie, as I was sat at my computer yesterday morning and I heard a cat bell jingle. I know it wasn't Buddy or Mary as they were both outside, I often hear a cat bell and it's not any of my cat's.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:26 am

When we first got Sophie she used to sit on the bedside table (Steves side only) and stare up at the ceiling for ages, then she would stretch up the wall as though to touch something, used to freak me out cos it was always when Steve was at Badminton, and I was in bed, he doesn't play until 9/10 pm (nutter),she has never done it anywhere else or if Steve is there. Now Teddy has sat in the corner of the diningroom looking up to the ceiling, he will sit there for ages, right in the corner with his back to us staring upwards and he's now started to *search* around in a circle, he even awoke suddenly the other day and started turning round in circles as though something was touching him, bloody spooky cats. LOL So it could be something or nothing Lynn, but your two don't sound stressed about it, so it's not bad.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down