For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He's used one life.

5 posters

Go down

He's used one life. Empty He's used one life.

Post by Teddy Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:32 am

While we were at the hospital yesterday evening, Moto got hit by a car. Thankfully he doesn't seem to have suffered any injuries. My neighbour, the one who just loves animals, Moto in particular, came over when we came home to let me know. He was in his garden when he heard a loud thud, looked up to see Moto running from under the car, but Moto ran somewhere and he and his family spent an hour looking for him, they expected to find him in a heap covered in blood, but apart from walking very slowly towards them, he seemed fine. When I was stroking him last night he wouldn't let me touch the base of his spine, but he could move his tail no problem so knew nothing was broken, today he's ok, I can stroke him, so I reckon, maybe he's been bruised. I knew it was just a matter of time before something like this happened am just so glad, he wasn't killed. What a day.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

He's used one life. Empty Re: He's used one life.

Post by Ian B Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:05 am

Hi Kath,

Nasty.................so glad to hear Moto is ok after what turned out to be a lucky escape. It must be nice to have neighbours who are as concerned about cats/pets are you are.

I well remember the time I found Beckett lying in the road as a car approached. I wanted to shout him but knew if I did, or even if he just saw me and ran towards me, the chances are he'd be hit by the car. He stayed where he was, but it was a awful few seconds just stood there watching till the car passed.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:31 am

That would be awful, often Moto is across at the shop (opposite side of the road from us) and he'll see our car or van coming home and he takes off, so much excitment, he just darts across the road and my heart is in my mouth. Such a horrible feeling. Sophie does the same, but it's usually Moto that is at the shop, he just loves it over there, he gets so much attention, the shop assistant isn't too crazy about him, she's always on to Steve about not letting the cat in. LOL. My neighbours are great, not all of them mind, but this family in particular are so into animals and if they didn't have a dog and budgie they would love to have Teddy. Last night while all this excitment was going on with Moto, Sophie look a bird into their house, think maybe she was feeling left out. LOL They thought it was so funny.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:52 pm

Oh god Kath! Ive just seen this. Poor Moto-chops! Thank god he's ok. You must have been so upset. Just the thought of it has made me feel sick. Just keep an eye on him and if concerned, a trip to the vets...............
Prince has absolutely ZERO road sense! He too comes sprinting out into the lane, and I hate to think what he does on the main road through the village!
On a lighter note, one day last week, when we had just arrived home, he was strolling around lane like Lord Muck, and decided to flop down right in the middle of the lane, as a car was (slowly) coming up the lane. Well, do you know the little bugger WOULD NOT GET UP, to the extent that as the car was almost upon him, he STILL lay there, and Sean picked him up like a baby and laid him on the bonnet of our parked car!
It was hilarious, the lady in the car was hooting with laughter, as were our neighbours who were outside!
I was "black-affronted" at his cheek and laziness! He's used one life. 72767
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:58 pm

LOL daft cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wonder why they act like eejits some of the time,Moto has taken to walking in front of the van when Steve is coming up the driveway, then he'll stop and just stand there. I have to get out as we can't see where he's going when we're in the van, usually he's just sitting right under the bumper, weird one that. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:40 pm

How of scary!!! Oh poor little Moto! So happy to hear the little one is ok... but what an awful fright!

I hope he's learnt from it though... so one life might be down... but the other 8 might be more roadwise.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:45 am

OMG! Kath! Thats horrible! It is such a hellish time for you atm. I'm just sooooo relived he's ok, it could have been alot worse. Give him a hug from me.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:17 am

He has learned nothing, he's still going across the road to the shop. Another neighbour was telling us he heard the thud from inside his house, the car driver stopped and came back to see, but Moto had disappeard, how he survived that I will never know. He's had lots of hugs though, we can't believe we still have him.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down