For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh for crying out loud!

5 posters

Go down

Oh for crying out loud! Empty Oh for crying out loud!

Post by maddymoo Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am

First came the familier 'I need the toilet' howls, followed the usual bad boo poo smell that engulfs the house.... Then Bramble sprints past us, ears back, tail bent (ya know the score), stinking poo all down her tail and back legs! Cue, the hunt for Bramble and everywhere she'd been! Bleeuugghhhh! Gloopy stinking poo smeared everywhere (I exagerate you understand, in reality it was just over part the carpet, on the curtain, card box, tv stand and sofa.... but thats bad enough!) I wonder if its worth trying a sensitive diet for her? Its funny but its not, as when we're at work, what happens to the smeared poo? Shocked
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Oh for crying out loud! Empty Re: Oh for crying out loud!

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:11 pm

No it's nae fine cleaning all that up. When Teddy was like that I did give him the sensitive diet and also just plain cooked chicken and it fairly helped. She sounds as though she has a sensitive tum. We also bought the complete sensitive dry food, just by way of a change. It took a while but Ted did build up a resistance to normal cat food. I would introduce a tiny portion of the crappy stuff Mots and Sophie ate and I think that helped as well.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:18 pm

Part of me believes she churns it up on purpose! LOL! I think we'll get some nice sensitive diet stuff for her. I find it strange that she hasn't even been sick once since she came to live with us... I thought cats were meant to be sick? She's been wanting out lately and we've been letting her for short periods so she can munch on some grass, so maybe its just she hasn't had access to grass previously?
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:45 pm

maddymoo wrote:Part of me believes she churns it up on purpose! LOL! I think we'll get some nice sensitive diet stuff for her. I find it strange that she hasn't even been sick once since she came to live with us... I thought cats were meant to be sick? She's been wanting out lately and we've been letting her for short periods so she can munch on some grass, so maybe its just she hasn't had access to grass previously?

Neither had Ted and he still had the squirts and when we did take him out he would munch on the grass but was never sick.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:02 pm

Teddy wrote:
maddymoo wrote:Part of me believes she churns it up on purpose! LOL! I think we'll get some nice sensitive diet stuff for her. I find it strange that she hasn't even been sick once since she came to live with us... I thought cats were meant to be sick? She's been wanting out lately and we've been letting her for short periods so she can munch on some grass, so maybe its just she hasn't had access to grass previously?

Neither had Ted and he still had the squirts and when we did take him out he would munch on the grass but was never sick.

I wonder if thats part of their clarty digestive systems?

I couldn't find any sensitive tummy stuff so will get some when at vets, but have got a couple tins of applaws chicken to try as it looks v plain and may give them both some white fish tomorrow.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:58 pm

Applaws should be fine, when I was speaking with the vet he said the best thing when cats have diarrhoea is plain chicken, but obviously they canna survive on that alone. Hills prescription diet sachets from the vets is what we used. he got fair sick of it though, butthere are two flavours, looks and smells exactly the same. LOl
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:19 pm

*howls with laughter* Oh, I'm so evil! lol! Of course it wasn't funny for you... or Bramble I'm sure... but hilarious to me! lol!

Pok is never sick... and never used to be sick... and he used to eat lots of grass (and he has been for the last few days again too)... BG on the other hand is often sick. She eats too much too soon and it all comes up again. When we lived at the house she used to eat all sorts of things outside... grass, straws, leaves (yes, huge leaves!)... all of it ending up on the hallway floor... not always would it come up that end... occasionally I would catch her running about with huge straws sticking out her bum! Yuck!

I belive BG has a slightly sensitive tummy, her poops are always "wet" for the lack of any other word, and they stink lots more then Poks. And I notice a big difference depending on what she eats... Whiskas (not that they will eat that now) is particularly bad for her.

Hoep the fish and Applelaws have worked wonders by now!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:37 pm

LOL! Ahhh, squitting bummed cats!

Well... its Mads' turn to be poorly! She's came in and it looks like she's ate something her tummy doesn't agree with as has been sick twice in a short period of time with the most horrendous noise going with it.... down the back of the sofa... and on the doormat. She's def not a happy Moo and has slunk off upstairs. You can see in her eyes that shes not feeling good, so will keep a close eye on her tonight and am off now myself, to go and check on her.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:14 am

Poor Mads, she hasn't been snacking on late night moths has she? That's Percy's favourite snack although he's never thrown them up.

What a pair of ladies you've got. Runny bums and throwing up - eek! That's a lot of cleaning.

Hope they both feel better soon x
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:32 am

How is Mads this morning Helen?
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:41 pm

Well, she was sick again last night, and when we went to bed she slunk in and clinbed up on her dad for sympathy. Stayed there most the night... then the sudden thunder paws noise followed by my head once again being a springboard (I now wake up with a jumpy start at that sound! LOL), signalled that she's fine! LOL She's had a pouch this morning which she munched down in one sitting (v unusual for her... but hey her tummy was empty) and is now asleep under the bed...... So since I'm off work today with my baby, we're going to take advantage and go out! Yeay!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:55 pm

Oooh, you kept your day off quiet Missy (unlike me who shouts from the rooftops any time she has a day off!) Have a lovely day.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:22 pm

*Prince* wrote:Oooh, you kept your day off quiet Missy (unlike me who shouts from the rooftops any time she has a day off!) Have a lovely day.

I ye div, LOL

have a good day Helen.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:37 pm

Oh I forgot to say in 'da vet thread' that the vet recommended James Well Beloved allergy food for Bramble! Which they don't even stock! So am off for a looksie online to see what I can find!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Just bought some! Pets at home website has it on BOGOF!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down