For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic)

+5
*Prince*
nicola
Jojolabanane
Teddy
Ian B
9 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 13 Empty Re: Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic)

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:42 am

He was very late coming in last night, well after I'd gone to bed, but he appeared in my bedroom, jumped onto the bed and filled his face out of the dry food bowl, but instead of jumping down and going back out as I expected, he curled up next to my feet and slept there till 6am Shocked Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 13 Empty Re: Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic)

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:53 am

Seems to be, it was a night for staying in. Shocked
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:53 pm

Too early to be overly worried but I've not seen him for 36 hours now, tho' I'm pretty sure I heard him yowling somewhere nearby at 10pm last night. It's not like him to go without food tho'.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:03 pm

I wonder if he gets elsewhere?
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Could easily be Kath, he's just too well behaved indoors to not have been (maybe still is) someones cat, so perhaps he goes home?

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:06 am

He finally turned up at 12.30 last night Very Happy Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 13 579159

I heard a cat munching on the dry on my bed and assumed it was Dexter but switched on the light to check and there Stripey was. I got up to get him the last chicken wing out of the fridge, it's as well he did arrive as I'd forgot to next the next batch of wings out of the freezer. Perhaps he knew that and only called so part of his brekkie would be thawed today Laughing

Considering just how far away from my house I've seen him, it shouldn't be a surprise when I don't see him for a while like this.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:50 am

He must have found *something* more interesting than food, he's just called, ate 1/2 a bowl of wet, a bit of raw chicken then dashed straight back out.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:48 pm

Well at least you know he's not hungry and still interested on what's going on around him, sounds ok to me. Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 13 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:49 am

He's a survivor, there's no doubt about that Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 13 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:05 am

He came strolling in at 9pm last night and headed for the dry food bowl on the living room windowsill, but caught scent of a old valerian cat-nip knottie toy that had just been sprayed with concentrated cat-nip. I've never seen a cat do a about turn like this, it's ages since he'd last smelled fresh cat-nip and he was in cat heaven, I knew he loved it but this playing was something else. He even forgot about why he'd come in in the first place once he'd kicked'n'licked the toy for 20 minutes Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:03 am

He came in for brekkie today, ate up then had a mad 10 minutes with the cat-nip toy in the living room before wandering upstairs to curl up on my bed. The latter is a first and if I hadn't seen him go mad with the toy I'd be thinking something wasn't right with him.

I'm not 100% convinced all is well tbh, his nose looks slightly swollen and he winced when I stroked his head, tho' he's just got up, had a good stretch and wandered off downstairs. I'll try and keep an eye on him today, just in case, but with his habit of disappearing it may be a waste of time.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:40 am

Nothing you can do if he wanders off apart from keeping an eye on him, tbh, if he's getting fed regularly, that's an A plus for sure.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:54 pm

He hadn't gone downstairs/out, I found him curled up on the landing, he was fine tho', rolling over for belly rubs thro' the stair rails as I went down Very Happy Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 13 579159 I've not seen him since but he'll be ok, he's a survivor and has had much worse than a slightly swollen nose.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:59 am

Just another war wound, imagine if he was bald, the amount of scars could be surprising. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:02 am

He's fine today, I didn't hear hm come in but found him sat on the dining table waiting patiently for brekkie Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:56 pm

aaaawwww that's sweet, sitting patiently waiting for brekkie. Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 13 157275
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:57 pm

He's been curled up asleep on my bed since just after lunch Shocked I thought he might have got up and gone out when I came up to switch the 'puter on, but he just opened one eye to make sure I woudn't disturb him then went back to sleep Laughing

'EDIT'

He finally got up and went downstairs at 6.15pm..............only to be replaced 5 minutes later by Dexter Rolling Eyes Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:49 am

Hahaha well he had left a nice warm bed, too much temptation for Dexter.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:14 am

He's welcome to sleep on my bed...............if he can find room when Dexter is sprawled all over it.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:53 am

He was waiting for brekkie today, had double helpings then went out but came back in just before I nipped out to do a bit of shopping and I left him with a chicken wing on the dining table. As expected, he was curled up and dead to the world on my bed when I got back

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 13 Stripe11

On a side note, Dexter was curled up asleep right in the middle when I went to bed last night. I moved him to make room for me but when I woke I was balanced right on the edge and he was back in the middle.............how do they do it? confused Laughing

Ian

Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:59 am

hahaha well they can, that's all we need to know. Love that pic, just sums up a contented little puss.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:11 pm

Yeah, he fell on his feet when he arrived at my door Very Happy

I've thought seriously about having him neutered but a/ he's not my cat and b/ like Buddy he almost certainly wouldn't be around to take if I made a apt at the vets.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:26 pm

Difficult one, especially when he's not your cat. But I so strongly believe all pets should be neutered, my rabbits are all done, as are the cats, good thing it's unheard of in hens. Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 13 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:36 pm

I probably won't, tho' there's no doubt he needs doing.

He didn't get down off the bed till 3.30pm today and then didn't go out till 3.50, I'll bet that's the most time he's spent indoors anywhere for years probably. I started to think he must be ill but every time I went up to check he just opened one eye and rolled over for a belly rub and a purr Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:16 am

With the weather being as wild and wet as it was overnight, from about 11pm, I expected him to come in and stay but the 6+ hours he slept on my bed yesterday must have fully recharged his batteries as I've not seen him since.

Ian

Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next