For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic)

+5
*Prince*
nicola
Jojolabanane
Teddy
Ian B
9 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 14 Empty Re: Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic)

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:03 am

He's just come in for brekkie then inspected my bed but decided against sleeping there today, I thought he'd gone back out but he's curled up on the spare bed.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 14 Empty Re: Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic)

Post by Teddy Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:46 am

Fickle little sod isn't he Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:21 am

He came in just before I went to bed last night, asked for food and I left him with it on the dining room table as usual. I popped my head round the door on my way upstairs and he'd gone, back out I assumed, but I spotted him curled up at the end of the spare bed.

I went to bed, after persuading Bola and Dexter to make room for me and had barely drifted off to sleep when I was woken by much hissing and snarling. Stripey must have come in and not noticed Dexter when he jumped up, who wasn't best pleased at being woken and neither for that matter was Bola. Cue 20 minutes of them all jumping down/back up before they settled their differences and found a spot each. It's a good job I'd got comfy myself as there'd have been no chance of my moving Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:29 pm

He's just gone out after being curled up asleep on the spare bed for, it must be the best part of 9 hours.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:03 am

He didn't appear late last night as usual and as the others had all gone out I went to bed expecting a quiet night. It was for an hour or so, then I was woken at just gone 1am by a cat jumping onto the bed and thrashing about. Not best pleased I switched the light on to see who'd woken me, it was Stripey, he'd carried a cat nip toy he'd found in the hall up to my bedroom and was going mad with it Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:31 pm

ah hahahahaha, he is settling in isn't he. Cat nip toys are bad enough but at that time of day. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Having spent over 10 hours curled up on the spare bed today, he's in more than Fudge atm Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:51 pm

With the amount of time he's been spending in the house lately, I really should edit the thread title Very Happy

Anyhow, he trotted in just after lunch for food in his usual place, in the dining room, on the table, but instead of going upstairs for a nap on the spare bed he came and joined myself, Max and Fudge in the living roon. He must have been watching Bola in there as he hopped onto the back of the sofa as Bola often does, curled up asleep and stayed there for the best part of 4 hours Shocked

I've said berfore how well behaved he is inside, he even chose to lay on the old towel which is there in a vain attempt to keep the sofa clean from dirty paws, etc, even Bola has to be *reminded* to lie there. Then again, he may have lay there just to be close to me as he was more or less right behind my head (I like the sleeping with one eye open pose Laughing)

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 14 Sofa10

Ian

Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:02 pm

great pic!!!!! yes he's relaxed as long as he can see you. Wink he is looking totally at home.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:45 am

He's not going to be popular atm, I've just been out trying to tempt Fudge in and heard Stripey having a proper yowl-off with another cat. His voice is unmistakable and he's loud when he gets going Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:57 pm

I'll have to edit the title as it looks like he's becomming a permanent resident here and rarely disappears for long now. He's even taken to sleeping on a chair in the living room as well as the two beds, it's the chair that neither I nor the cats ever use so he's got it all to himself............tho' they sometimes use the arms as a short cut to the next chair, then windowsill, so he might not get as much sleep as he'd like Laughing

Assuming he is a stray, I don't get why as while he's not the best looking cat in the world, he's no trouble at all in the house. He loves playing string, tho' he gets a bit carried away when playfighting with me, quite a bit rougher than Bola who can be plenty rough enough. I don't know if he's making more *effort* or it's just the rain, but his fur is cleaner now than it's ever been Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Sounds like he was once someones pet and has gone AWOL. Could be he's been trapped inside a car/van and is nowhere near where he iused to stay. Good thing is, he's getting fed and he's safe and warm, so that will improve his health which will show in his fur. Some of the strays I looked after were in a right state.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:16 am

I don't think there's any doubt he's been a pet, and not long ago either is my guess as he's just too well behaved indoors. God knows where his home is tho', remember I've twice seen him over a mile away from my house and those places were over a mile apart, so it could be anywhere. He still wanders but nowhere near as far, tho' that's hardly surprising since he knows he's welcome here.

One thing is puzzling me tbh, to my eyes he seems 100% healthy, but if he was getting food wherever he could before finding me I would have expected some weight gain considering the amount he puts away.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:53 am

Typical cat, after not seeing him for hours he came in at 7pm soaked to the skin with a large dirty patch on his back, just behind his neck. It *may* have been blood that had been diluted by the rain, but after a quick roll about on the sofa he was off out again so I didn't get chance to have a proper look, and I've not seen him since.

'EDIT'

He's just turned up for brekkie and is fine, no signs of any wounds Very Happy Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 14 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:52 pm

I wouldn't be too worried regarding his weight. Moto is slim and he packs away a fair amount, I suppose they could be like humans, different metabolism. Hopefully the dirty mark was just something he brushed against.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:48 pm

More than likely that Kath. To see him front on he looks a big, big cat, but his hind quarters are very narrow. He's a funny shape all round come to think of it with him having chubby cheeks but a very pointy face Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:53 pm

He finally turned up about an hour ago after not seeing him since yesterday afternoon, tho' he must have found *something* good outside as he didn't even finish his food before dashing back out.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:47 pm

I can't say as he's missing as I've seen him.......once this afternoon............one of four cats sat waiting patiently for the young cat from across the road to be let out. She's obviously in season again so is probably calling in the house. Why in Gods name don't they get her spayed? Rolling Eyes

Stripey surely won't go without food for much longer, he may have called yesterday afternoon while I was out and had a bit of dry, but he's had no wet here since a bit of brekkie yesterday, and that wasn't much as he was in such a hurry to get back out.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:26 am

He's just turned up after being *missing in action* for over 36 hours. I was getting a bit worried as the food I left yesterday afternoon hadn't been touched when I got back from the pub (late after another wrong bus/falling asleep/getting a taxi home adventure Embarassed) and the fresh food I'd left overnight was untouched today.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:31 am

He's only had one meal here in the past 48+ hours, so must surely be getting hungry by now.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:03 am

Laughing am laughing at your adventures just to get home, you're spending a fortune without getting anything from it, well you are getting home I suppose, eventually. Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 14 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:19 am

It wasn't really my fault this time, my regular bus just didn't turn up and rather than wait an hour for the next I set off to get another one from a different place at the bus station. While I was there I spotted what I thought was *my* bus arriving, so dashed down to get it. Needless to say it wasn't mine, I wanted a 358 but this must have been a 383, tho' I didn't realise till after I'd dozed off and then didn't recognise where I was when I woke.

I got off and had a walk round trying to find out exactly where I was, but ended up knocking on someone's door to ask, and if they had any taxi numbers handy as I was lost. They tried calling a taxi for me but there was no answer so I asked if there was a pub nearby, I'd get one myself from there. Luckily there was a pub a few minutes walk away, tho' my arrival asking for a pint and a taxi caused much hilarity to those there Embarassed

I've done this so often I always take enough money for my drinks and a taxi home, tho' this time I barely had enough Shocked Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:34 am

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 14 72767 if someone arrived at my door saying they're lost and wheres the pub, well............................ Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 14 72767
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:39 am

I'd be the same tbh, but it was late afternoon so unlikely to be a genuine nutter.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:50 am

Oh well that's ok then Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 14 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14