For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One more Cat lover saying "Hello"

5 posters

Go down

One more Cat lover saying "Hello" Empty One more Cat lover saying "Hello"

Post by Inga Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:29 am

Hi all, I have always been a dog person. I also alway liked cats but thought of myself as a "dogs only" kind of gal. Then one day several years back, I was volunteering at a local animal shelter. I walked into the euthanasia room for something. They had brought a cat in to be PTS and I picked up the card with the "excuse" for dumping. It said "We are having a baby and afraid the cat will bite" I asked if they had mentioned if the cat had ever actually bit anyone before. Nobody new. I looked into the cats eyes and just knew she was meant to be mine. I told them I was taking her home and that I would bring her back if she was as bad if the people had let on. That cat ended up being the most amazing cat anyone could ask for. She changed a long time dog person into a dog AND cat person. Sadly, I had to have her put to sleep in March after 10 years of love. I am currently without a cat and just now starting to think of the possibility of getting another cat. I am not in a rush as I still feel sad every single time I think of my beautiful girl Madeline I want to cry, I miss her so much. A few pictures of her.
One more Cat lover saying "Hello" AA

She was loved by more then just me. She had a special relationship with my rescued dog Oliver as well. They spent so much time snuggling it was so sweet to see. They slept snuggled together each night. He misses her terribly as well.

One more Cat lover saying "Hello" MadelineandOliver

Anyway, nice to chat with all of you. I hope to learn more about cats and share stories about my cat experiences.
Inga
Inga

Number of posts : 17
Cat(s): : Madeline the DSH
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

One more Cat lover saying "Hello" Empty Re: One more Cat lover saying "Hello"

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:13 am

Hi Inga,

Welcome to the forum Very Happy

Sorry to hear about Madeline, it sounds like she had a wonderful 10 years with you.

Getting another cat won't mean you're *replacing* her or being disloyal and there are lots of cats who'd love the kind of life she had with you. There's no cure once bitten by the cat bug, so whenever you feel ready for a new friend, do it. It's the only sure way to stop the itch Laughing

It can be pretty quiet here so it's nice to see a new member One more Cat lover saying "Hello" 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:37 am

Hi Inga, welcome to the forum. I loved reading your story, and I'm so glas you were there to rescue Madeline. Lovely photo of both of them, she was really pretty and Oliver looks like a big softie.

I'm sure when the time is right you'll get another kitty, there are so many in rescues that you'll be enriching another little ones life. One more Cat lover saying "Hello" 579159 Very Happy
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:42 am

Hi Inga,
Welcome to the forum. madeline was gorgoeus (I have a calico myself) and she looks really comfy beside Oliver.
When the time feels right for another cat I'm sure you'll find the right one.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Inga Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:58 am

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Yes, Oliver is a big softy. I do Rottweiler rescue out of my home and have had many Rotties over the years. Madeline simply knew how to deal with each and everyone of those dogs. She was declawed on all 4 feet and yet she had no fear of anything. She was also not an aggressive cat. She was perfect in every way (for me) I miss her tons.
Inga
Inga

Number of posts : 17
Cat(s): : Madeline the DSH
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

One more Cat lover saying "Hello" Empty full body massage bvi

Post by nicolemike Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:31 am

Hi Everyboby,
I like very much cat's.A few month's ago my colony cat are pragnent and this cat delivered 3 small cat's,this are so cute and lovely.

nicolemike

Number of posts : 1
Cat(s): : pucy
Registration date : 2012-08-17

http://thespaatbeyc.com/bodytreatment.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:33 am

Hi nicolemike Very Happy

Welcome to the forum, but sadly you couldn't have picked a worse time to join, a once busy forum is now very, very, very quiet with only a few members still visiting.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content