For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bosley is missing

3 posters

Go down

Bosley is missing Empty Bosley is missing

Post by Ian B Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:53 am

Still to early to panic, but I've got the same feeling I had when Buddy vanished even tho' Bosley has only been gone for about 15 hours atm Shocked Crying or Very sad

After turning into being pretty much a house cat, he'd only started venturing out again over the past month or so and even then he never ventured far from my garden, not out of earshot of a sachet of food being opened anyway, he could hear me doing this at 100 yards. I didn't sleep well last night, in fact I was up at 4.30 today looking for him, but not a sign. I thought something was wrong when besides him being nowhere to be seen last night, I found the front gate opened, as tho' someone had called by I hadn't heard them knock, very possible as I'd dozed off, but just as likely the open gate was down to kids playing at the front of my house.

It was only 36 hours ago he kept me company all night after I'd gone to bed early with a blinding headache, he must have sensed I was unwell as he never moved off the bed all night, purring for England and doing pushy paws.

He's got plenty of street nous and I'm hoping he's just gone *home* and been kept in, tho' after all this time this seems highly doubtful, but is the least worst explanation for him being missing.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Bosley is missing Empty Re: Bosley is missing

Post by Ian B Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Sadly, he's still missing Crying or Very sad

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:46 am

Still nothing to report I'm afraid Crying or Very sad

More in hope than expectation, I went out at 5am to have another, proper, look round by the roadsides, etc, but if anything had happened to him it's likely the body would have been collected by now.

I did spot a grey and white cat on my way back who was too big to be Bosley and which dashed into a garden when it saw me. I stopped and called it anyway and was amazed when it approached me thro' the hedge, but if I was amazed at that I was doubly so at how alike they are colourings wise, even down to both having 2 white front paws. Facially they were very different and this cat didn't have Bosleys distinctive kink in the tip of his tail nor was there any sign of it ever having worn a collar, but it still could have passed for Bosleys brother.

I'll be calling the vets later, along with the council to see if they've collected the body of any cats recently, tho' as they don't keep records of such and don't check any ID on a collar so don't notify the owner, it's unlikely they'll be able to help.

I never thought I'd miss having to clean out litter trays half a dozen times or more a day, but I am. That he used to come in to use them ticked me off muchly, but I'd love to see a soiled tray again when I go downstairs after getting up.

I'm hoping that no news means he'd just got fed up of being here and has wandered back to his first home and they've kept him in, which his owner promised to do when she collected him after being told by her brother about one of my cat found posters.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Not been on this forum for a long time now!

I hope by now he's back safe and sound with you Ian.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:33 am

Thanks Nicola, still no sign/word of Bosley tho' Crying or Very sad

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:12 pm

And still no sign/word of him Crying or Very sad

I put a few extra posters up on Friday (or was it Thursday?) and was pleased to see at least some, hopefully all, of the first batch were still in place. I made a point of leaving one at the pet stall at our local indoor market yesterday as this is how his owner came to find out he was with me, her brother saw this poster and let her know, with a bit of luck, if Bosley is back *home* the brother will see the latest poster and tell her I'm worried about him. All being well she'll phone to let me know he's safely back home with her.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:58 am

Still no news of him Crying or Very sad

I can only hope he has gone *home* and is safe and well there, albeit being kept inside. It took a couple of weeks before the Cat Found poster at the pet stall was seen by his owners brother, so there's still hope one of them will call and see this one and at least leave a message if they don't want to phone me.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:01 pm

hope he's *home* safe and well it's the worst thing ever not knowing!!

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:56 am

Hi Nicola,

Yeah, the not knowing is horrible, but with Bosley, unlike most of my other adoptees over the years, I at least know he has a real home and used to go back regularly so I can hope he's just back there. When he first arrived here he and Bola were instant best mates but I used to worry Bola would follow Bosley to his real home and get lost himself, thankfully this never happened.

I'll be taking the posters down in the next couple of days (assuming they haven't been ripped down like those after Buddy vanished without trace..... Bosley is missing 265331 kids I assume Twisted Evil ) but I'll be leaving the one at the pet stall for a while as that was put up a few days after the others.

Has anyone heard from Kath? I've only just found where I kept her email addy so I'll be dropping her a line soon.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:17 pm

I still hear from her on face book now and again and also Nicky.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am

Thanks Nicola, I was getting worried about Kath after her not posting here for some time/since all the health problems cropped up all at once.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:33 pm

Sorry to hear he is still missing, Ian.

Kath does go on Facebook but haven't seen her posting much there either.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:21 pm

littlekitty wrote:Sorry to hear he is still missing, Ian.
Thanks Lynn, it's looking like he's gone for good now, tho' if he is at home it's likely he'll be let out or will escape at some point and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he the first thing he did was make his way back here.

Kath does go on Facebook but haven't seen her posting much there either.
She had a lot on her plate the last time she posted here so it'd be understandable if we'd just been forgotten about. I'll drop her a email soon, hopefully some time over the weekend.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Any news yet Ian?

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:25 pm

About Bosley, Nicola? No, sadly not a word.

I can only hope he's at *home* and being kept as a house cat as his owner initially said she'd do when she collected him. He'd soon settle down as a house cat, he went a good couple on months here not setting foot outside, he'd only started going out again in the 2 weeks leading up to him vanishing.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content