For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vet prescribed low-dose tramadol for my kitty

5 posters

Go down

Vet prescribed low-dose tramadol for my kitty Empty Vet prescribed low-dose tramadol for my kitty

Post by pattilou Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi, all - my Louise had a dental extraction yesterday - she's doing great today. the vet prescribed 1/4 50 mg tramadol for her if she shows signs of pain today. Vet also explained side effects. Louise's doing fine, showing no severe after-effects. I'm very hesitant to give a med she doesn't need. anybody with advice? Thanks!

pattilou

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Vet prescribed low-dose tramadol for my kitty Empty Re: Vet prescribed low-dose tramadol for my kitty

Post by maddymoo Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:48 pm

Hmmmm, well, I would just do ask the vet says. Keep a close eye on her and if she does show any signs of pain, then give her it. Bless her. I hope she continues to do so well. Give her some snuggles from me. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Vet prescribed low-dose tramadol for my kitty Empty Re: Vet prescribed low-dose tramadol for my kitty

Post by Teddy Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:51 pm

Oh poor thing, my first cat had to have an extraction and you would never have known he had it done, didn't put him off eating that's for sure. LOL I think if she doesn't look as though she is suffering, I would be inclined to leave out the pill, what you have to be careful of though, is that cats are so good at concealing pain. But if you feel she's doing ok, I wouldn't give her the pill, you'll know best though. Just keep a careful eye on her.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by pattilou Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:01 am

Thanks!

pattilou

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:33 pm

Hope everything is ok, and that Louise is still feeling fine! *snuggles to the little darling*
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:42 pm

Awwww bless her, i do hope she's feeling better now x

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by pattilou Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:48 am

Hi, everybody - Louise is doing great - and I sincerely appreciate the help and hugs she received! Thanks again! Pattilou

pattilou

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:48 pm

Fab to hear that Louise is doing great! What a brave little princess!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:36 pm

Oh if only humans were so resisliant ey? LOL! Awwwwww, I'm so glad she's doing so well. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down