For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hungry visitor

4 posters

Go down

Hungry visitor Empty Hungry visitor

Post by Ian B Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:46 am

Hi All,

The 'stray' black tom made his (getting more) regular appearance late last night, looking for food. He marched into the living room first of all and tried to get at Fudges dry food, but one evil look from her was enough to tell him no 'way are you having that' Laughing so I gave him what was left over from feeding my lot.

I took him into the kitchen and gave him the half a tin of food there, but it wasn't enough, he mithered so much I ended up opening another tin, and still he asked for more after cleaning the second bowl. I wasn't going to give him the rest so gave him a good helping of dry, and that only lasted a few seconds. He must have eaten as much in one go as Bola, Fudge and William manage together Shocked

He doesn't look neglected, a bit undernourished perhaps, but he has one hell of a appetite that's for sure.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Hungry visitor Empty Re: Hungry visitor

Post by Ian B Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:44 am

He 's just appeared wanting breakfast, which would be no problem usually, but Bolas mum is here as well and she doesn't like the 'intruder' one bit. I had to feed her in the kitchen, lock the flap to stop her getting at this black tom and feed him outside.

Even tho' he's a bit underweight, he's still a biggish cat, but he's got the most pathetic miaow ever. 9 times out of 10 his jaw moves but there's no sound, and on the 10th its barely audible Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:50 am

Aaawww poor thing, maybe he doesn't *know* how to miaow, could he have worms? the amount he ate and the fact he's a bit undernourished looking, may just mean no-one has wormed him.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by LuLu Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:11 pm

Poor boy....Its a possibility that he has worms.
Is it possible for you to take him to a local vets and get them to check him out and see if he's microchipped. I presume he doesn't have a collar.
LuLu
LuLu
Cat Lover
Cat Lover

Number of posts : 135
Cat(s): : Max & Billy
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:27 pm

Teddy wrote:Aaawww poor thing, maybe he doesn't *know* how to miaow, could he have worms? the amount he ate and the fact he's a bit undernourished looking, may just mean no-one has wormed him.
LuLu wrote:Poor boy....Its a possibility that he has worms.
Is it possible for you to take him to a local vets and get them to check him out and see if he's microchipped. I presume he doesn't have a collar.
Hi Kath and LuLu,

His having worms is a distinct possibility. Although I call him a 'stray' I'm as sure as I can be he has a proper home, at least he always seems to arrive from the same direction, and leaves the same way once he's eaten. It's probably not what we'd call a proper home, but he's not neglected, just very hungry. He's only a little underweight, by no means boney, but going by his bone structure, he should be a big cat.

There's no collar and I very much doubt he's chipped, and tbh, unless he was obviously ill, I'd rather not get involved beyond making sure he has at least some food.

As for him not miaowing, he makes a godawful din at times, but his actual miaows are almost non existent, tho' he really does try Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:33 pm

Oh my goodness... another regular! I know he's been there now and then before... but now you got your kitties, and both this one and Bolas mom coming regularly. lol! Oh I shouldn't laugh... but you truly are a cat-magnet, Ian! The come to your in hordes! lol!

If there's something Pok likes (could be anything from meat to cat food) he can eat some horrendous amount, and then sit and beg for more... so your visitor could just be one of those.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:43 pm

Hi pokbg,

I only see him about once a day, sometimes not even that, so I reckon he only calls round when he's really hungry.

I've mentioned there being such a thing as the 'cat grapevine' before, but yesterday a totally strange cat appeared thro' a gap in the fence and trotted straight up to the cat flap, and it's only that it saw me in the kitchen that stopped it coming in. I saw it in the garden from the living room and nipped into the kitchen on the off chance it'd try and come in, and it did.

I can't believe all these cats try and get in every cat flap they see on their travels, I reckon it common knowledge in the local cat population that I'm an easy touch Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:17 pm

Hahaha could well be Ian. Last week two *new* cats paid us a visit, at first we thought one was Felix a black and white cat that used to visit everyday until Sam was PTS, then we never saw him, until last week when he turned up again, a year since Sam was PTS, how coincidental is that?, but it wasn't Felix but another B/W cat. Then a couple of days after that I glance out the window and thought Moto was sitting on the wall that seperates our house from our neighbours, but it wasn't Moto, just another ginger cat, really bonny it was. So that's two we haven't seen before, wonder if they will come back?

I think you're quite right in what you're doing with this new one of yours Ian, you can't see to the well being of all these visitors, my god you would be hard up at this rate, food, flea treatments, worm treatments, the list could go on. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by LuLu Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:26 pm

Ian B wrote:
Teddy wrote:Aaawww poor thing, maybe he doesn't *know* how to miaow, could he have worms? the amount he ate and the fact he's a bit undernourished looking, may just mean no-one has wormed him.
LuLu wrote:Poor boy....Its a possibility that he has worms.
Hi Kath and LuLu,

His having worms is a distinct possibility. Although I call him a 'stray' I'm as sure as I can be he has a proper home, at least he always seems to arrive from the same direction, and leaves the same way once he's eaten. It's probably not what we'd call a proper home, but he's not neglected, just very hungry. He's only a little underweight, by no means boney, but going by his bone structure, he should be a big cat.

There's no collar and I very much doubt he's chipped, and tbh, unless he was obviously ill, I'd rather not get involved beyond making sure he has at least some food.

As for him not miaowing, he makes a godawful din at times, but his actual miaows are almost non existent, tho' he really does try Laughing

Ian

Aww bless him. Maybe he's lost his voice Hungry visitor 43453
LuLu
LuLu
Cat Lover
Cat Lover

Number of posts : 135
Cat(s): : Max & Billy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:10 am

The black tom turned up early last night, about 9pm (I hadn't seen him for a couple of days) but Bola took major offence at his being here this time. I had to seperate them and ended up locking Bola in the living room to stop him hassling the other cat while he ate, and Bola was less than happy. I don't know why he suddenly took a dislike to him, normally they'd share any food, not that Bola got much Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Maybe Bola is starting to think that the black tom is getting to familiar... he didn't mind sharing some food... but now he worries the tom is gonna come and take his place? Or maybe he just had a grumpy day! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:41 pm

pokbg wrote:Maybe Bola is starting to think that the black tom is getting to familiar... he didn't mind sharing some food... but now he worries the tom is gonna come and take his place? Or maybe he just had a grumpy day! lol!
Could well be he had a grumpy day, but I reckon your first thought was nearer the mark. Bola is v-e-r-y boisterous, he thinks every cat should play-on-demand with him, and gets quite put out when they don't. Up till last night tho', the black tom just ignored Bola, no matter what he did to him, but he must have pushed him too far.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:38 am

LOL, Oh Bola, what a cat, LOL he would get on so well with Teddy, he is always up for a bit of rough and tumble and doesn't seem to realisethat Moto ans Sophie can't be bothered. Can you imagine Bola and ted together, we would need to re-inforce a room, or maybe put them in a padded cell.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:45 am

Hi Kath,

Yeah, they'd make a great pair Laughing

Bolas idea of fun is a 1000mph chase round the house and a playfight at the end. He must miss Beckett for this as he was always up for a chase and playfight as well, so Bola probably thinks all cats are the same as him and Beckett.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:48 am

Oh yes, he's a black image of Teddy, he literally flies when he starts, he can leap from one end of the sofa to the other without touching it and Moto who is sitting on it minding his own business is left stunned. LOL It can all get a tad too much. Hungry visitor 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down