For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sophie the roving cat

5 posters

Go down

Sophie the roving cat Empty Sophie the roving cat

Post by Teddy Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:14 pm

We decided to go down to Stonehaven and have a chippy supper at the beach, so came home to feed the cats and get some pepsi and headed off. Almost on the sliproad on the dual carriagewau when we heard miaowing, yes you've guessed, madam had gone into the van while the side door was open and now wanted out. LOL So quick about turn, back home to let her out. She looked at us as though it was our fault she was shut in. Am just thankful she can have a loud voice when it suits her, image taking her all the way to Stoney. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Sophie the roving cat Empty Re: Sophie the roving cat

Post by pokbg Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:20 pm

lol! Oh the little madam wanted a chippy too! lol!

I hope she won't start doing it regularly though... it's such a worry when they have a love for open car doors (I remember the nightmare with BG and any cars that had their door open... and me running out to get her out... of postal vans and all!).
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:33 pm

Unfortunately they both love open cars, my neighbour is forever taking them out of his car. LOL It made me wonder if I should maybe put her collar back on, although she's microchipped, don't know will have to think about that, she was always losing them LOl
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:41 pm

LOL! Oh cats and open cars! Yes, Mads loves them too! Bramble however does not and screams her head if you try and take her in a car, proper claws and teeth out panic mode! lol, oh the vets visits are even worst than with Mads! LOL

My MIL used to have a cat that would jump in her car and sit on the parcel shelf when she went shopping and would just stay there, happy as owt! LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:39 am

Teddy wrote:Unfortunately they both love open cars, my neighbour is forever taking them out of his car. LOL It made me wonder if I should maybe put her collar back on, although she's microchipped, don't know will have to think about that, she was always losing them LOl
Hi Kath,

Bola is the same with losing collars, and his new ones are too expensive to keep replacing. They are quick release, but I've also put just a small piece of masking tape on the catch, not enough to stop it being pulled open should he ever get trapped, but enough to make the collar that little bit more secure.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:55 am

Never thought of that, I don't know how she would react to a collar now as it's been months since she wore one, but she always came back with it missing. LOL May try it out over the weekend and see how she gets on, but if she gets distressed I will just leave it and hope she doesn't decide to go for a run with anyone.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceri Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:15 pm

Lol what a rascal Sophie is, she obviously didn't want to miss out! Cats must be drawn to the warmth of a car, beats sitting outside in the cold, just as good a view of the birds but not as chilly! Laughing

Ceri
Kitty-Chatter
Kitty-Chatter

Number of posts : 260
Cat(s): : Moli, Misty & Monty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:34 pm

Ha ha , but she went into the back of the van, couldn't see anything. LOL
Teddy
Teddy