For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabitha being spayed today.

+6
Chunkyboy
Laura
littlekitty
Teddy
Ian B
Gilly
10 posters

Go down

Tabitha being spayed today. Empty Tabitha being spayed today.

Post by Gilly Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:38 am

Well, today's the day. We have to take her down to the vet between 8.30 and 9am and then pick her up again around 3.30pm. So we are planning to drop her off and then go a mile down the road to Jesmond Dene and have a nice relaxing walk and hopefully I'll see the resident Kingfishers that winter there Very Happy It's THE most reliable site for them in the NE Tabitha being spayed today. 579159
Then we may have a wander around Newcastle or the MetroCentre.

The cats aren't happy this morning though.....there's been no food since 8pm last night and that includes Merlin too! Tabitha being spayed today. 43453 He loves his grub and to not have it there must be a shock to his system Wink Poor chap doesn't realise he's going to be on his own all day too - he'll probably just sleep (and eat as the food is going back down as soon as we put Tabs in her carrier). So I imagine he'll be tearing around like a lunatic tonight once we get back! Laughing
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Tabitha being spayed today. Empty Re: Tabitha being spayed today.

Post by Ian B Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:50 am

Good luck for later today Gilly, not that it'll be needed, she'll be fine Very Happy

You'll probably have more problems with Merlin if he's going to be on his own. He might sleep all day, but then again he might think he has to cause twice as much chaos as Tabitha isn't there to help out Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:00 am

Good luck to tabitha, she'll be fine though, bit quiet for a day or two but that's about it. Normal service will resume very quickly. Very Happy
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:32 am

Good luck for today Gilly, she'll be fine though.

When Mary got done they practically shaved her whole side, which made me a bit angry as it's usually just a bit of fur they take off, but her fur grew back quickly though.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:09 pm

Best of luck to Tabitha! She'll be home causing trouble before you know it.

Enjoy your walk Cool
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunkyboy Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Loads of snuggles to Miss Tabitha. She will be fine.
Chunkyboy
Chunkyboy
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 614
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:27 pm

Good luck to little miss Tabitha, she will be fine Gilly, when saffy was done 2 weeks ago as soon as she come home she was back to her old self.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:03 pm

Best of luck for little Tabitha today! And best of luck trying to keep Merlin entertained tonight whilst the little princess relaxes!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:58 pm

You hit the nail right on the head there Pok Laughing He's full of beans at having us all home again and Neil and I have just spent the last half hour giving him cuddles and throwing his mouse for him to chase and retrieve - yes, he brings it back like a little dog! Rolling Eyes

We had a pretty busy day really - had our walk in Jesmond Dene and I was very surprised to not find many birds there confused It's usually full of stuff but today, apart from a few tits and robins, it was very quiet! Not even sight nor sound of a kingfisher!!!! Shocked No Perhaps the birds have moved to somewhere more sheltered as snow IS forecast for tonight Laughing
We then went into Newcastle and looked in a few shops and then, as it was only just gone midday, we went to the Laing Art Gallery and spent an hour there. Very disappointing actually as there were a couple of rooms closed off and there didn't seem to be as much artwork on show as the last time we were there.
By then it was 2.30 so we went to Mark Toney's for the obligatory ice cream Wink And then we popped along to the Swallow Pond Nature Reserve which is just a couple of miles from the vets and had a nice walk around there too. Not much about as it was frozen solid but it was just great to be out in the fresh air Very Happy
Then went along to the vets and as we sat in the waiting room a couple came out with a sweet black puppy who bounded up to us for cuddles Very Happy Whilst one owner paid the bill the other proudly regaled us with how she, the puppy, was a 'pedigree' Labradoodle Rolling Eyes Apparently she wasn't just a cross between a labrador and a poodle - both HER parents were labradoodles. Cool So THAT (in reality) makes his dog a MONGREL!!!!!!! Laughing Mate two different pedigree breeds and the resulting pups are crossbreeds. Then mate the crossbreed pups together and you get mongrels!!! Wink He paid £350 for a mongrel!!!!! A very pretty & friendly one but a mongrel nonetheless Tabitha being spayed today. 72767 Sorry if this offends anyone but these so-called designer breeds really bug me because they are just folk jumping on the bandwagon of mixing two or more breeds up and calling the resulting mess a silly name and charging gullible idiots a fortune for the privilege!!! Tabitha being spayed today. 172268 You get exactly the same thing in the average dog home - they just don't have a fancy label attached Rolling Eyes

Tabitha is fine in herself Tabitha being spayed today. 579159 Sleeping away as I type in front of the heater which IS understandable considering she's had a big op Tabitha being spayed today. 993158 Her side is all shaved and she has a sort-of 'knot' where she was opened up but it's all very neat & tidy. I've took a photo which isn't TOO clear as she just wanted to sleep and I wasn't going to pester her for a better angle - I'll get a closer shot tomorrow once she's back to normal Very Happy

Tabitha being spayed today. Kittens036-1
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:18 pm

Bless - lots of kisses to your beautiful little princess! She does look so sleepy and not too impressed with the camera.

A Labradoodle??? ROFL! Oh that's a new one to me!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:20 pm

Nice to hear all went well Gilly, even tho' she does look more than a bit groggy in the pic. She'll be back to *normal* soon enough.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:07 pm

Good to know tabitha is fine, she looks so sleepy, bless her, Oh I love *sick* cats, I could nurse them all day.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:18 pm

Awww, she looks so so sleepy. Bless the wee girlie.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:38 pm

Oh the lamb! She does not look impressed one bit! Bless her. I'm so glad it went fine for her and it sounds like you had quite a nice day off! :-)
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:47 pm

Well, she's had a good sleep and just had some pieces of chicken (invalid food Wink ) and looks a lot perkier in herself Tabitha being spayed today. 579159

We have to take her back next Thursday morning for a check on her stitches but I don't think we'll have any problems *touch wood* Very Happy

Animals are amazing - what would knock us weakling humans on our back for a month or more is just shrugged off within a day or two by them! Cool Tabitha being spayed today. 9650

Merlin didn't create too much carnage in our absence today either Tabitha being spayed today. 43453 I gave him the run of every room in the flat just so he could see that we weren't hiding from him (and he wouldn't try to scratch the carpets up to try to open doors to get to us Rolling Eyes ) and I moved ALL of the loo rolls into the airing cupboard so he couldn't turn them into confetti when he got bored! Laughing
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:04 am

So glad to hear Tabitha is home and well. She looks so cute in that pic I just want to kiss her.

Did they suggest she wear an Elizabethian collar? My mum's cats have all had to after their ops. Que lots of walking backwards and bumping in to things!!
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:18 am

Laura wrote:Did they suggest she wear an Elizabethian collar? My mum's cats have all had to after their ops. Que lots of walking backwards and bumping in to things!!

Only if she attempted to pick at her wound. But it's been a very quiet night and Merlin has been an absolute star - I thought he would have been pestering her to play with him but he's been great Tabitha being spayed today. 579159 Perhaps she warned him that she felt yucky and that she'd box his ears if he went near her Tabitha being spayed today. 43453
Tabitha is great this morning though - back to her normal self and scaring the life out of me every time she jumps up onto the sofa from the floor Shocked She was also chasing Merlin earlier on Laughing
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down