For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another kitten visitor

4 posters

Go down

Another kitten visitor Empty Another kitten visitor

Post by Ian B Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:28 pm

I just happened to stand up and glance out of the living room window earlier and saw a yet *another* kitten sat in my back garden. From a distance he/she looked about 6 months old, and barring a bit of extra black on his/her face, looked much like Beckett, tho' tbh, I didn't get that good a look.

I nipped to the back door, but as soon as it was opened he/she ran, straight thro' the cat-run-gap-in-the-fence, so I reckon it's been here before. I can't be sure, but I think this cat had a collar on, so it's definitely got a home, and I've not seen it since so hopefully it wandered back there.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Another kitten visitor Empty Re: Another kitten visitor

Post by pokbg Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:56 pm

ROFL! Oh, Ian! ROFL! Sounds like another potential customer at Ians Feline B&B! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:08 pm

They know where to come, that's for sure Laughing

On a side note, the spraying black tom has started visiting again and he's started spraying upstairs this time Twisted Evil

I used to have rods on the stairs/landing rail, but I boxed them in some time ago, then put some uber expensive black/patterned wallpaper up, and coming out of the spare bedroom this afternoon I noticed a damp patch on the wallpaper, then when I looked closer there were another couple of dried patches................tho' I'm more peeved at not noticing the smell than finding these patches...............but I'm even more annoyed at him ignoring the tray on the landing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Either way, the flap is being locked at midnight from now on, for a while anyway. If they're in, they're staying in, if they're out, tough luck.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:17 pm

Either way, the flap is being locked at midnight from now on, for a while anyway. If they're in, they're staying in, if they're out, tough luck.

From experience you may hope they're out, least ways you will get a better undisturbed nights sleep, than if they were in but wanted out. Laughing

Spraying cats are the last thing you want or need, I find it a bit of a mystery really, the spraying tom doing this in your house, when it's not his territory it's not like he has to defend it . Now if one of your own was to start spraying, that I could fully understand. Weird.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:34 pm

Teddy wrote:

From experience you may hope they're out, least ways you will get a better undisturbed nights sleep, than if they were in but wanted out. Laughing
I'm lucky like that, once they're in, barring the odd early-hours-wrestling-match, they all pretty much sleep thro'. There's only GT I wouldn't be 100% happy leaving locked in all night as he hasn't used a tray here for ages now, tho' I'll be putting fresh litter down later just in case another cat has been using it and that's been putting him off. All of the trays have been slightly used, but I don't know by which cat, my lot or next doors.

Spraying cats are the last thing you want or need, I find it a bit of a mystery really, the spraying tom doing this in your house, when it's not his territory it's not like he has to defend it . Now if one of your own was to start spraying, that I could fully understand. Weird.
Maybe he thinks he is defending *his* territory, or he's just staking his claim as he's found regular food and water. If that's the case, the amount of different cat smells here, which I don't notice but he will, it's perhaps no surprise he's spraying. I can't be certain, but I thought I head him spraying a few days back, and after finding those wet patches I think I was right.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:22 am

Well, the first night of a locked flap was a success Very Happy ......mind you, only Bola and GT stayed in, tho' I still half expected to find poo and/or pee hidden in a corner somewhere this morning but all was clear.......and both went straight out without wanting breakfast.

I felt a bit guilty about locking it as Fudge woke/then went out just after midnight, but as I'm always up early she wasn't out for long. Max had gone out as well, tho' I didn't hear him trying the flap, nor miaowing to come in, but he was there waiting for me to open the flap when I got up today. It might have been a bit chilly last night, but at least it was dry.

As for the spraying black tom, I put a, ahem, *spiced* meatball on his preferred path to my door in the hope that if he ate it, he'd regret it, but I won't deny I was a tad surprised to find it gone this morning Shocked I'll have to consider changing the recipe if I do it again Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:15 am

ROFL, maybe not spicy enough Ian, or some other unsuspecting moggy is gagging under a bush somewhere. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:19 am

Teddy wrote:ROFL, maybe not spicy enough Ian, or some other unsuspecting moggy is gagging under a bush somewhere. Laughing
Yep, that's what I frightened of. I tried to time putting it there for the usual time he's hanging about outside, he's not like clockwork for that, but not far off it.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:08 pm

Oh imagine if another cat has scoffed it, went home, felt it's belly rumble but didn't make it to the tray or outside, well I wouldn't want to be the person that has to clean that up. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:39 am

If the spraying tom ate the meatball, it didn't put him off coming, he called again last night, a bit earlier than usual too............he must have been trying to fool me into thinking it wasn't him Laughing

I made a *extra special* recipe meatball last night and put that out, and it was that hot there's no way a cat could have eaten it, I would have struggled, yet something had eaten half of it when I checked this morning Shocked I just hope it wasn't the hedgehog I saw in my garden Embarassed

Speaking of hedgehogs, I heard the flap go early last night, went to check but no sign of a cat inside so opened the door and the first thing I saw was a hedgehog scuttling away. For a split second I thought it was that who had come in/gone out, but it'd be new breed of super intelligent hedgehogs who could manage a cat flap wouldn't it? Laughing

The flap was locked overnight again with no complaints from my lot, tho' if GT called I daresay he'd disagree as he'd have had to stay outside.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:26 pm

I'm kinda wishing for the new super intelligent hedgehogs! Now that would be something! LOL!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:56 am

Am with Helen here. Laughing It's time Sonic was upgraded.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down