For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big brave Boo! 'Spoke too soon! LOL'

5 posters

Go down

Big brave Boo!    'Spoke too soon! LOL' Empty Big brave Boo! 'Spoke too soon! LOL'

Post by maddymoo Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:49 pm

For the past few days we've been letting Bramble out as she's been desperately crying to go outside in the sun and ....... she's been loving it! Not doing her petrified run in any direction! I wonder if she's finally gotten used to the road noise? We've only been letting her for a few minutes at a time and she doesn't go out of sight and only if Mads is there and she just stays near Mads and Maddy is very good and doesn't leave the garden when Bramble is there. Plus if I'm out of sight Boo keeps running into the house to check I'm still there! LOL! I just hope we haven't started something here as a few minutes in the sun when Mads is with her and we're keeping an eye is one thing, but there is no way she has enough savy to be out by herself and she'd more than likely get lost or just not come back. But still its nice to see her enjoying rolling about in the sun eating grass, she seems to have turned an important corner in not being as nervous, but I've prob spoke too soon! LOL

Last edited by maddymoo on Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Big brave Boo!    'Spoke too soon! LOL' Empty Re: Big brave Boo! 'Spoke too soon! LOL'

Post by pokbg Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:08 am

Oh bless the big brave boo! What an adorable little girly, she is. You know, this might actually mean that she'll be better behaved at night too...?
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Big brave Boo!    'Spoke too soon! LOL' Empty Re: Big brave Boo! 'Spoke too soon! LOL'

Post by Ian B Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:06 am

Give her time and she'll probably relax completely, which as pokbg suggested, might have unexpected benefits.

I know some cats are perfectly happy being indoor cats, but seeing them enjoy themselves outside just seems more *natural* to me.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:54 am

Hmmm, yes, she went thru the morning without being annoying!!! Just stayed snuggled into me! Of course it could also be that I'm off work so she company through the day which is what she really wants all the time. lol
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:00 pm

LOL! Well, when their dad got home, we let them both out and Boo was happily enjoying the outside, eating grass, playing with her mummyMoo etc. then she went under the fence into the neighbours garden and disappeared Shocked pale I knocked on the neighbours door and they very kindly let me through their house to their garden and their little girl helped me play 'hunt the Boo' lol! No sign of her, so I called her name, then the panicy crying started, she came out from their thick conifers with big wide eyes looking completely lost and panic stricken and ran down the side of their house, realised she was cornered and was yelling her head off! Gads the noise that cat can make! LOL! She let me pick her up and I took her home, she cried the whole way and is now hiding under our bed... bless, what will we do with a jumpy Boo! LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:35 pm

Poor Boo Laughing

She'll get more confident the more she goes outside tho'. Maybe she'll be like Fudge who's happy to stay in my garden all day, and even when she does *wander* it's very rarely further than next doors garden.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:09 pm

Ian B wrote:Poor Boo Laughing

She'll get more confident the more she goes outside tho'. Maybe she'll be like Fudge who's happy to stay in my garden all day, and even when she does *wander* it's very rarely further than next doors garden.

Ian

Maybe.... if thats happens it'll be good, the only thing is, she's great when she's confident and having fun, but as soon as that insecurity slips in, she really does loose all sense of where she is! LOL! Even just by going next door, she became disorientated and couldn't find her way back Rolling Eyes , and then the panic sets in and she just runs and runs, so I have images of loosing her! She's definately not the sharpest pencil in the box! LOL! In an ideal world a cat flap connected to a large outdoor run would be perfect for her.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:23 pm

Aww bless the Boo! Hope, like Ian says, she gets a wee bit more confident each time she ventures out. SO stressful for you guys though!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:34 pm

By the sound of it, you're right to be worried about her being outside, but with a bit of luck she'll soon learn that if she wanders she'll get lost and so settle for staying in your garden.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:33 am

Oh blessed little Bramble.... she sounds like such a sweetheart... but yes, being close to her mummy and daddy, does sound like what's best for her... possibly just a leash, or a run.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:42 am

oh the poor wee thing, it's a difficult one, as you want her to enjoy being outside, but she hasn't the confidence yet, a little each day though and she should hopefully get braver.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down