For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brave bird

3 posters

Go down

Brave bird Empty Brave bird

Post by Ian B Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:21 pm

Hi All,

Max from next door caught a thrush earlier this afternoon. I heard a commotion in the garden and went to investigate, and there he was, sat under my cherry tree with the bird in his mouth, more dead than alive. Bola and Dexter were circulating, trying to get the bird off him, but even that didn't stop another thrush (it's mate?) dive bombing Max to try and free the caught bird. Twice it even landed next to Max, and only just escaped as Bola and Dexter tried to pounce, but it refused to give up. All this must have lasted 15 minutes or more before Max took his kill elsewhere.

I've seen groups of birds harrass cats with a kill before, but I've never seen just a single bird do it. If the caught bird had shown more signs of life I would have taken it off Max, but I'm pretty sure it was too late. Top marks for bravery and persistence all the same.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Brave bird Empty Re: Brave bird

Post by pokbg Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:29 pm

Oh bless... that's so sad and so sweet at the same time... poor little birdie had lost it's mate (or friend/family member) and decided to single handly tackle the "evil" cat!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:44 pm

Hi pokbg,

It was sad, especially as the bird doing the dive bombing couldn't know that the more it harrassed Max, the longer it would take it's *mate* to die. I wish now I'd stepped in and put it out of it's misery, but I was so fascinated by how brave the other thrush was.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:18 pm

Poor birdie. Do you find that they sometimes tease your cats? I remember there was once a couple of blackbirds that would tease Mads! LOL! They would chirp at her and either perch just out of reach or stay where they were and fly off at the last moment! LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down