For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New toys!

5 posters

Go down

New toys! Empty New toys!

Post by maddymoo Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:34 pm

I got a CatIt hooded litter tray today from Jolleys on offer at just short of £16! A bit bargainous I thought and while there I saw a catnip bananna which I picked up for Mads and a run with a ball in for Bramble to chase and if I do say so myself they loved them! Rofl! Mads at once kicked several shades out of her bannana and once we changed the construction of the run to make it into a donut, Bramble pounced on it straight away and is still running round in circles chasing the ball! Rofl!

Now... I just have to get them near the hooded tray! Any advice? I've folded the flap and part the hood back so they can see its a litter tray, I'm hoping that once they get used to using it like that I can fold the front part of the hood back on and have it fully covered just without the flap, and then once happy, I can hopefully put the flap on?

Rofl! Sorry, they've just started having a nasty catnip fueled fight, teeth and hissing! Shocked Hmmm, oh it was just a quickie they've stopped now whilst typing and are now just glaring at each other! Rofl! Don't ya just love cats! Hee hee
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

New toys! Empty Re: New toys!

Post by nicola Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:56 pm

maddymoo wrote:

Now... I just have to get them near the hooded tray! Any advice? I've folded the flap and part the hood back so they can see its a litter tray, I'm hoping that once they get used to using it like that I can fold the front part of the hood back on and have it fully covered just without the flap, and then once happy, I can hopefully put the flap on?

Well I was a bad mum when I was trying to get Lilly and Saffy use to using a covered tray, I took some of the poppies that were in the old tray and put it in the new tray then just grabbed one of them and shoved them in there and would not leave them out for a few moments lol.

I also left the old tray down and put the new one right next to it and every time they would use the old tray I would get the poppies and put them in the new covered tray.
They got it in the end but it did take a while but now they will only use a covered litter tray, they will not even go outside to the loo, if they are out playing they will run home have a quick wee or poop and the go back out to play LOL.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:04 pm

nicola wrote:
maddymoo wrote:

Well I was a bad mum when I was trying to get Lilly and Saffy use to using a covered tray, I took some of the poppies that were in the old tray and put it in the new tray then just grabbed one of them and shoved them in there and would not leave them out for a few moments lol.

I also left the old tray down and put the new one right next to it and every time they would use the old tray I would get the poppies and put them in the new covered tray.
They got it in the end but it did take a while but now they will only use a covered litter tray, they will not even go outside to the loo, if they are out playing they will run home have a quick wee or poop and the go back out to play LOL.

Arggh damn it! I've already threw out the old one! New toys! 43453 I was thinking about putting some of their old litter in the new one, but in the end just chucked it out with the old tray in a big bin bag being the lazy sod I am! lol! I laughed at the image of your shoving one of them and not letting them out! New toys! 72767 Thats brilliant! It also crossed my mind as Boo was doing her 'I need a poo' cries but refusing to go near it Rolling Eyes I think I may try shoving Mads in and then when Boo see's it hasn't maimed mummymoo she may be happier going in! lol! They are both asleep not tho, so I think I'll let them wake up first.... or not... Twisted Evil lol
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:52 pm

Ok, we've been way to impatient and absolutely terrified Boo trying to get her in it and she is now hiding from us upstairs... I think we may have moved progress backwards with her... *bad mum and dad*
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:21 pm

Damn it, why am I so impatient!!! I want them to use their new tray, I'm all excited about it (yep, but we've already established I have no life lol) and all they can do is sleep!!!! Come on kitties, you have to go sometime!!! lol
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:59 pm

ROFL at Nicola, class move Nic, New toys! 579159

Keeping some of their used litter would have been a good move, there is stuff you can sprinkle over their litter to encourage them to use it but I can't remember the name, something like Squiffy.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by audrey Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:06 pm

Take the flap off, and rinse the tray in some water with bleach in, even when it's dry they'll still be able to smell the bleach and that will attract them.
audrey
audrey

Number of posts : 23
Cat(s): : Devon Rex
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:04 pm

I've done the bleach thing and even rubbed a bit of catnip on the rim lol. Mads will venture in and has used it. Bramble will get as far as the kitchen and then starts crying.

Haha, the catnip bannana! I had to take it off them last night as it was like a soggy dishcloth!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:47 pm

Teddy wrote: I can't remember the name, something like Squiffy.

Nah! Thats how Steve describes you after a couple of voddies! Wink
*runs from room avoiding the missiles Kath is launching*
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:29 am

maddymoo wrote:

Haha, the catnip bannana! I had to take it off them last night as it was like a soggy dishcloth!

ROFL! soggy bannana lovely! New toys! 72767

Any joy with Boo and the litter tray yet Helen ?

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:27 am

nicola wrote:

Any joy with Boo and the litter tray yet Helen ?

Yes!!! Hee hee! We just ignored her all day when she's been crying for the toilet and about 20mins ago, the scent of what can only be described as 'satans breath' wafted through, so I went to clean up, half expected a Boo poo (as only a Boo poo could smell that bad LOL) on the loo mat in the downstairs cloak (occasionally she'll use bath mats if she's particularly unsettled or if the tray isn't spotless... a good reason why we remove poops etc. as soon as done when poss) and there it was, in the tray! Uncovered in true Boo fashion! (Mads always has a good dig then covers hers, so another reason we knew it was Boo), plus it was next to the opening so she could rest her front paws on to do a meercat stance lol. Which is a thought.. Boo always stands straight up on her hind legs like a meercat to poop, so how's she gunna manage that when the easy access bit of the lid with the flap on is folded down to cover... hmmm... didn't think of that... New toys! 72767

Isn't it worrying that we know which poopsies belong to which cat! New toys! 72767
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down