For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valerian catnip toys

+4
Gilly
pokbg
littlekitty
Ian B
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Valerian catnip toys Empty Valerian catnip toys

Post by Ian B Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:40 am

For those who don't go there anymore, these are getting rave reviews over at CW and the prices are very keen with no p+p for UK orders + fast delivery http://www.kwayzekatz.co.uk/

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Valerian catnip toys Empty Re: Valerian catnip toys

Post by littlekitty Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:08 am

Hi Ian,
I bought a couple of the valerian knotties for my two and they both tried to open the packet before me, then fought when the first one fell out. They both love these, knotties have been rolled on, thrown in the air and licked to death. It's th only toy I've bought that Buddy will actually play with, apart from a sponge ball. So it's worth a try and not really expensive. I ordered three knotties at £1.99 and I actually received four, so they both have two each. They do stink though, when you first open them, but the kitties love em, so that makes me happy to see them playing with something they enjoy.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:21 am

Hi Lynn,

I'll be ordering some myself later today. I'm a bit wary of what GT will make of them tho', he goes berserk with ordinary catnip toys, the catnip itself in the last two mice was literally eaten Shocked Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:35 am

I'm sure GT will love the valerian, if he likes the catnip.
Buddy didn't really bother about catnip, but he loves valerian.
Mary went wild over catnip but since the knotties have arrived she plays with them all the time, there's two upstairs and two down so they have them at hand whenever they want.
I will be buying more of these toys in the future.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:06 pm

I've never tried any of the valerian toys for the babies (I thought that was supposed to be calming?), and haven't had much success with catnip ones.

However, buying dried catnip and rubbing a toy in it will make Pok happy, but no-where near as happy as when I spray a toy with catnip spray (Johnson's Catnip Concentrated Spray). Bottles lasts forever and cost under £4... one squirt and Pok will roll around on the floor with his toy like a maniac! lol! BG won't go crazy about it, but she likes it if I spray a pillow or something (not something small, as to be so she can stick her face in it), and she'll do a little rub.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:46 pm

I thought valerian was supposed to be calming too confused Perhaps it works in the opposite way to cats Laughing

I'll see about getting some of these as I like to change their toys over every week so they don't get bored with the same things being around all the time Very Happy
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:20 am

I ordered some *knotties* for Bola, William and Fudge and a bigger *cigar* for GT. Looking forward muchly to see how they react to them, especially GT Laughing Hopefully these will be more substantial than the toys I get locally.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi Ian,
I'm sure your gang will love these, just make sure you open them before they do, or you may have a few scratches. They have a very strong smell, on first opening, but once the kitties have played with them for a while, it isn't so bad, it does wear off enough only for the kitties to smell it though.
They should carry a health warning on the packet. Valerian catnip toys 43453
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi Lynn,

As a smoker Embarassed I perhaps won't notice the smell as much. Either way, it'll be worth putting up with if they enjoy their toys.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:33 pm

Ian B wrote:I ordered some *knotties* for Bola, William and Fudge and a bigger *cigar* for GT. Looking forward muchly to see how they react to them, especially GT Laughing Hopefully these will be more substantial than the toys I get locally.

Ian
They arrived today and Shocked

I was a bit disappointed as I didn't get the *cigar* I'd ordered for GT, but no matter. The postie came just as I was halfway thro' defrosting a chest freezer, so I just opened the pack to see if the smell was as strong as people had said.................it was, and immediately attracted every cat within sniffing distance.

I expected GT to go mad for them, but his reaction was way beyond that, he was all but doing cartwheels up and down the stairs with his Laughing and Bolas reaction was something else altogether Shocked Shocked Shocked He hadn't shown much interest in the catnip toys I'd bought before, but he was in raptures with a *knottie* Valerian catnip toys 579159

There's only Fudge who hasn't shown any interest, tho' I'm not surprised tbh.

Oh, and being cats, they are now fighting over the plastic bag they came in Laughing

These toy's are highly recommended.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:37 pm

ROFL, amazing, I often wonder what goes on in their head when they're *away with it*, almost seems cruel. Valerian catnip toys 72767
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:53 pm

By way of proof of how well these toys are made, at least compared to the toys I can get locally, GT's *octopus* is still completely intact after being badly mauled and generally chucked/tossed round the house Valerian catnip toys 579159 Not bad for a bag of toys that didn't cost much more than his old catnip toys which cost around £1.30 each Shocked I don't know how toys are in each bag, but at a guess I'd say there's 4 or 5 which makes them fantastic v.f.m Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:53 pm

Am SO tempted to get some knotties! Should have got them weeks ago for Princey while he's been an Indoor Boy- bet he wont look at them once he "bids his escape for freedom" on Saturday!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:22 am

pokbg wrote:I've never tried any of the valerian toys for the babies (I thought that was supposed to be calming?)
Here's a couple of pics of GT with his new fav toy

Valerian catnip toys Ginger11

and as you mentioned Valerian is meant to be calming, here's how he now sleeps, and woe betide anybody who tries to take this toy off him. It might not look like it, but he drifts off to sleep with it right under his chin Laughing....oh, and in case anyone wonders, the towel is there because he came in wet through.

Valerian catnip toys Ginger12

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Awwww... bless! GT with his little night-night toy... lol! Hmmmm... maybe it would be something Pok would like. One of his toys that I normally spray with catnip, he will bring into his basket and sleep on top of when the secent of catnip has gone. I do however thing he does that because he's so possessive he doesn't want BG to play with his toy. lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Frizzy.Cat Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:44 pm

I think I might get some for my lot. What ones did you get Ian the normal or giant?
Frizzy.Cat
Frizzy.Cat
Kitty-Chatter
Kitty-Chatter

Number of posts : 299
Cat(s): : Jess, Cindy, Charlie, Misty and Inca

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:16 pm

Frizzy.Cat wrote:I think I might get some for my lot. What ones did you get Ian the normal or giant?
Hi Frizzy. Cat,

I didn't get what I ordered unfortunately, I ordered a large *cigar* for GT in the hope that it would be more substantial than the toys I can get locally, but the *substitute* toys are more than equal, in fact there were 5 toys as opposed to the one I asked for, for the same money. I ended up with a bag of knotties and a bag of what I call *octopuses* tho' the real name might well be different.

@pokbg,

Go for them, at the price you wont break the bank even if pok/bg don't really play with them a lot, tho' it'll take one seriously anti catnip cat to avoid them, just be warned that these toys smell Shocked

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Aww, love the pic of GT with his knottie under his chinny-chin-chin!
He is fast turning into one of the Forums Favourite Fella's!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:39 pm

GT is a hansome boy and looks so at home with his knottie. Love his markings, I have a soft spot for ginger kitties.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:31 am

*Prince* wrote:Aww, love the pic of GT with his knottie under his chinny-chin-chin!
He is fast turning into one of the Forums Favourite Fella's!
He's got character to spare that's for sure Laughing Someone must be missing him, he's just too well behaved indoors to have been out on the streets for very long, if at all. My best guess is that his owners put him out when they went to work, and if he was around, let him in when they got back, so I can't help feeling a bit guilty at him adopting me. That said, he wasn't in the best of health, so maybe they just didn't care enough about him.

littlekitty wrote:GT is a hansome boy and looks so at home with his knottie. Love his markings, I have a soft spot for ginger kitties.
Hard to believe with my having Fudge and GT, but I'm not normally keen on ginger cats, especially full toms as I've always found them particularly short tempered. GT has a fantastic face tho' Very Happy and one day I'll manage to get a decent pic of him, strange that both are ginger but while Fudge is really photogenic, GT is the opposite. He's pure ginger, not a hint of white on him, just different shades of ginger which hasn't really shown on the pics I've taken so far.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:07 am

One thing I have noticed with these toys and Bola, after he's been playing with one for a few minutes a sneezing fit soon follows................it'd be Laughing if I didn't have a nagging thought that he might be allergic to the contents.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:27 am

Ian B wrote:One thing I have noticed with these toys and Bola, after he's been playing with one for a few minutes a sneezing fit soon follows................it'd be Laughing if I didn't have a nagging thought that he might be allergic to the contents.

Ian

It could just be that he's so excited and that triggers a sneezing fit, but I would be more inclined to think he was allergic to them, sod's law that would be.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:02 pm

I'm pretty sure he's allergic to them, but it's not a major allergy if all he does is sneeze, there's no running eyes or nose.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:43 am

If I hadn't just seen this myself I wouldn't have believed it Shocked

I heard a bit of a commotion in the hall, and recognising the sound paper being rustled about I knew it was coming from the top of a set of drawers at the foot of the stairs. As GT sometimes sleeps there, along with one of these toys, I thought it was him but went to check.

It wasn't GT, it was the spraying black tom, and he was enjoying himself so much with the toy he didn't hear me coming till I was halfway down the stairs, then all he did was jump down with toy in mouth and head for the flap Shocked Luckily he dropped it going thro' the flap so I was able to get it back.

He'd walked past a bowl of wet and some dry in the kitchen to get at this toy, so now he knows I leave one there I'll have to stop. I've been almost certain a cat has been in after these toys as I've left a couple in the living room overnight, high up and out of reach (so I thought) but found them on the floor in the morning, and as I was 99% sure all my lot were upstairs, it wouldn't have been one of them.

'EDIT'

The sod was heading for the flap as I came thro' the front door after doing a bit of shopping...................then came back thro' it as I was going upstairs a couple of minutes later Evil or Very Mad I know he's a bully, but even if my lot are scared by themselves I wish they'd gang up on him instead of just sitting there watching.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:46 pm

ROFL! He comes to spray, he comes to eat... and now he even comes for play time! ROFL! Oh, Ian... it does look like there might be another one joining your family, whether you want him to or not... lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content