For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sophie is on a diet

5 posters

Go down

Sophie is on a diet Empty Sophie is on a diet

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:03 pm

Yip my little princess is a fatty, she used to have a waist, it's gone! last night I removed her biscuits from the coffee tabble and she sat ans looked at me *mewing*, little soft squeaks and she did not give up, I gave in. Sophie is on a diet 43453 But I have got to be striong, so today, there is only a small amount of food out, the problem being, who eats it? we're not there, so trying to restrict who gets what isn't going to be easy. Oh wish me luck, she used to be a size 8 she's now a 16. Sophie is on a diet 43453 Sophie is on a diet 157275
I am convinced tho, that she's getting food elsewhere.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Sophie is on a diet Empty Re: Sophie is on a diet

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:54 pm

She's only on a diet at your house Kath Laughing

It might be worthwhile you getting one of those timer feeding bowls, granted you still won't know for certain who's been eating the food, but it may help.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:10 pm

LOL! Good luck! We weigh out their food at the beginning of the day, and thats all they get (or so the theory goes). Could you do a similar thing where you give them both a little before you go work, when you get back and then again in the evening? Aye, its not easy and as Ian says, she's prob getting food where she can.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:12 pm

oh we have one of them, good thinking, I'd completely forgotten that.

That's what we want to do in theory LOL, and we did do that for a while, but got lazy and just shuffled food in when the bowll was empty. Oh bad mom. Embarassed
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:15 pm

Hahahaha, oh its so easy to slip.... confession time: this morning *read stupid o clock when they decided I had to get up* instead of carefully weighing out each amount I just scooped the biccies into the same measurer and dumped some in either bowl...
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:34 pm

ah ha, sounds familiar, Sophie is on a diet 43453 they each had their own scoop, all measured and looking good, this was when we put Moto onto the decent dried food he was always trying to steal from Sophie, but when they're yowling and being a pain, or you're busy, it's sooooooooooooo easy to throw some in.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:44 pm

The best of luck Kath. As you know we have a massive FAIL when it comes to getting Princey to lose weight! Embarassed I still say, hand on heart, that I weigh out his biscuits breakfast and dinner, and he only gets a splash of Whiskas milk with his dinner biccies, and STILL he doesnt lose weight, so like Ian said, she will only be on a diet at YOUR house, cos they MUST be getting fed elsewhere............. either that, or its a "glandular problem". Wha ha. Laughing
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:33 pm

Oh fed elsewhere definately! Since we've been keeping Mads in (although we are allowing so strictly supervised garden time now and getting her back in whenever she gets near the backfence) she's been alot 'hungrier' and is starting to get slimmer! If our not so social cat is getting food elsewhere, your friendly princess and Nicki's chunky lad of love will be getting their munch on elsewhere! Rofl! Oh they are all such cheeky sods!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Aye it's in their glands right enough. hahahaha well this morning, she went out, no breakfast, it was there but she didn't want it, and the first I saw her eating was at lunchtime, yip my bet is on madam sitting looking hurt and neglected in front of some soft touch and she's then giving heaps. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:32 pm

Good luck with the dieting Kath.
Try telling Mary she needs to diet, the princess always covers her ears when I say she is to fat Sophie is on a diet 43453 she will eat her own dinner and Buddy's as well as any left over biccies. She thinks her bowl should be constantly full, she's like a bottomless pit.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content