For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A full garden atm (kitten update)

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A full garden atm (kitten update) - Page 3 Empty Re: A full garden atm (kitten update)

Post by Teddy Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:57 pm

ahha, I see sparks ahead with this one LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

A full garden atm (kitten update) - Page 3 Empty Re: A full garden atm (kitten update)

Post by Ian B Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:08 pm

I hope not Kath Laughing

I've just seen him, the first time since mid morning, so maybe he's been home. He doesn't come in much during the day, but it looks like he knows where to go to be warm and dry at night, and there's not much I can do to stop him if he comes in after I've gone to bed.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:39 am

I woke up to the sound of Buddy purring right next to my ear today Rolling Eyes I'm going to have to start locking the flap last thing at night, or at least set it to exit only, or maybe do that from around 7pm in the hope he'll go home if he can't get in here. At least the weather forecast has given dry and mild nights for the next few days so even if my lot are locked out it won't be too bad for them.

I'm going to stop playing with him in the garden as well, I enjoy it as much as he does, but I can't argue that it encourages him to call here. All Donna needs to do is keep him in for 24/48 hours to reinforce that's where his real home is, but if he's not going back home she can't.

He loves company, whether it's mine or cats, and is so friendly it's hard to believe the people Donna got him from had called him Damien because he was so aggressive/destructive.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:29 am

Damien, A full garden atm (kitten update) - Page 3 72767 he just needed a friendly hand to teach him how to behave.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Hahahahahaha to Damien (really all kittens can be little devils lol) and also to another one adopts you Ian! lol! Maybe you could take him round Donnas, and advise her to keep him in for some time as he's spending increasing time round yours... if she does great, if not.. well.. she'll know where he is! lol
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:03 pm

It's not my place to tell Donna how to look after her cats, I've already told her I don't encourage any to come in, but unless they're just sneaking in to steal food, I won't chuck them out. She's been thro' all this with William, he had several *homes* so it can't be a surprise that Buddy is doing the same. I don't know how old William was when he first started wandering into other houses, but I'd guess he was older than Buddy who imo is still too young to be left out the way he is.

I don't know if he still does, but before finding my open 24/7 flap, he used to visit Donnas neighbour fairly regularly. She must suspect, if not actually know, he's here and is/will be looked after if push comes to shove, but she's still responsible for him atm.

He's started pouncing on Dexter when he passes and poor Dexter doesn't quite know what to make of it all, nor do I tbh, I can't decide if Buddy just wants to play or is showing actual aggression towards him.

'EDIT'

It's raining and he's now curled up with Bola on the spare bed.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:11 pm

Ian B wrote:
'EDIT'

It's raining and he's now curled up with Bola on the spare bed.

Ian

Awwwwwww A full garden atm (kitten update) - Page 3 357198
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:22 pm

I chased him out earlier and he's presently curled up on a nearby shed roof, a bit silly as while it's not actually raining atm, it has been and it's pretty chilly with a strong-ish breeze. If I knew he was only doing the same as Jimmy, Max and Dexter, just calling here when they can't get into their real home things would be ok, but it looks like he's not going *home* at all now.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:51 pm

Oh dear... well you can't be blamed Ian and you wouldn't want him out all hours in the cold...

Congratulations on your new arrival! A full garden atm (kitten update) - Page 3 43453
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:04 pm

He's getting to the age where neutering is needed as well. Donna did tell me she was going to arrange that, along with him being chipped, but if he's not going home how can she?

I'd have no problems taking him on and paying for it myself, but only if Donna gives her blessing, it's all down to her as far as I'm concerned. I feel sorry for Buddy, he's welcome to call here but he has a home, even if he rarely, if ever goes there now. He won't stop visiting me unless Donna makes the effort to get him back or I lock him out, and that's something I won't do.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:57 am

Buddy wasn't in this morning when I got up, tho' I think he'd been in overnight as a couple of the valerian cat-nip toys were on the spare bed...........wet thro' after having a severe chewing, and only he does that.

He turned up as I was feeding the poorly ginger tom on the back doorstep, but Buddy wasn't hungry Shocked and none of the dry food had been touched. Did he go home to be fed then go out again? Seems funny if that's what happened.

'EDIT'

He didn't stay long, a few miaows in the kitchen then a dive for the flap as I put the washer on Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:14 pm

I hadn't seen him since mid morning so assumed he'd gone home, but I've just spotted him lying in Stripey Tailed tom and Max's fav sun trap spot in a nearby garden. He's probably been there all day, but if he was expecting sun he's either a world class optomist or just plain daft. We've only a the odd shower, but it's been chilly so he must be a bit wet and cold even tho' he's fast asleep.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:17 pm

haha oh here's hoping he's a world class opimist and not a world class eejit, but am having my doubts. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3